Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: True Combat Mod/Boss Timers/Convenient Websites How To's Part 5

2»

Comments

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

I use the combat mod and the camera tool. If they were to ban me for that, they might as well ban the following people:

1. People who use multiple monitors.
    2. people who use a macro keyboard/mouse and tape a friggin transparent circle to their monitor.
    3. people who play 1600x900 resolution

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126
    Originally posted by Castillle

I use the combat mod and the camera tool. If they were to ban me for that, they might as well ban the following people:

1. People who use multiple monitors.
    2. people who use a macro keyboard/mouse and tape a friggin transparent circle to their monitor.
    3. people who play 1600x900 resolution

LOL thats actually way worse then the mod macro keyboard and mouses. All the mod does is hold down one button lol...

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    So basically, strategy guides, online wikis, game controllers, advanced mouse & keyboards with unlimited keybinds ... all give an advantage.  A-Net cannot control these things, even if they wanted to.
  • SilentstormSilentstorm Member UncommonPosts: 1,126

What I think happen is the community coordinator went all gung ho saying ban hammer. Before he even researched what the mod was. Then the public said wtf and they had to actually review it. Found out it wasnt a hack or even interfacing the game. So they had to back off but cant actually say its cool. If they went as far as saying you cant use that. It be like banning everything gaming macro related.

They have guild wars 2 keyboards/mouses with macro functions. Hell they even had a giveaway for it LAST week. Thats why I said they aren't going to go and commit suicide like that and say BAN BAN. Alot of people use those things and would be turned off. I can macro set my guild wars 2 keyboard (yes i have one lol) to hold down the right mouse click. Does that now mean the very keyboard you sold me is bannable? 

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

A mod to hold your mouse button down...

What heights of extreme laziness will we see next! This and more on the evening news @ 10.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

Wtf.. I tried posting about this a few days ago, and I get a warning from MMORPG.com.

Either way I really hope MMORPG.com doesn't lock / ban this thread as well. This is something I think people need to know about.

From all the cases I've seen, Anet doesn't seem to be against the Combat Mod. Furthermore, for those that have been complaining that they wished GW2 had combat more like TERA's, the Combat Mod pretty much does exactly that (and it does feel very good to use).

There's was even a thread on reddit in which someone claimed they thought combat mod got his account banned. Anet's response was that 'no, we did not ban you for combat mad. We banned you because you managed to wrack up 10,000 pieces of evidence that you were using exploits & illegal software'.

While Anet hasn't made any official 'we support combat mod' statements, they have indirectly supported it on multiple threads. I'm guessing they want to reserve the right to object if it becomes an issue, but as it currently doesn't modify / exploit game files, or give players any noticeable advantage, Anet seems to be perfectly fine w/ people using it.

I'm hoping Anet ends up including their own version of it at some point, because it makes the game very enjoyable to play.

• aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

A mod to hold your mouse button down...

What heights of extreme laziness will we see next! This and more on the evening news @ 10.

It's a bit more than that.

It also gives you a reticle so you can aim your attacks better (a lot like TERA), it gives you a different keybinding setup to make it feel more 'action-y' and it has a built in toggle to switch back to mouse-mode whenever you option a menu.

It also frees your mouse buttons up to be bound to other attacks / dodging.

This discussion has been closed.