Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Preview] Xulu: Empowering Players & Builders

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,596MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Xulu Universe comes to us from none other than Xulu Entertainment. We had the opportunity for a guided tour of XU with CEO Nancy Solomon and CTO Joe Santos. Check out our preview of Xulu Universe and then let us know what you think in the comments.

Players are given access to a robust and fairly detailed set of builder tools that include the ability to create just about any type of environment desired. Builders can make games or social gathering spots or even medieval castles complete with quests and monsters to fight. The sky is the limit and the tools are as simple or as complex as a builder has skills to support. In fact, what the team is hoping is that professionals will take advantage of the tools to not only create content but also behavioral pieces or music or anything they can think of. In addition, builders can collaboratively share venues with others to work together in its creation.

Read more of Suzie Ford's Xulu Universe: Empowering Players & Builders.

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• cshanorcshanor Huntsville, ALPosts: 64Member
    I thought Second Life was created by Linden Labs?
  • alakramalakram malagaPosts: 2,223Member Uncommon

Yep, maybe someone from linden labs works now on xulu entertainment.

Anyway it looks really interesting.

-=AlaKraM=-
    Don't fight against poverty, fight against greed.
    My Lord of the Rings Gallery

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon
    looks different ill check it out..
  • kishekishe aitooPosts: 1,978Member Uncommon
    I wonder where mmorpg.com got the "creator of second life" from as the xulu website says none of such and as far as I know, creator of second life was "Linden Labs"
  • TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Arkham, VAPosts: 10,910Member

I thought Linden Labs was building the Minecraft, but with Pyramids game.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    o im joining hell open alpha ftw
  • IchmenIchmen Winnipeg, MBPosts: 1,228Member

company page says nothing about making 2nd life.. i think that was a fubar.  as for xulu this game looks interesting yet boring. 

seems to be more of a game mode/map creator and less of an actual game.  kinda like getting age of empires and never playing it, only making maps that other people play. 

still it looks interesting enough to warrent investing time to watch it i guess.  provided they dont narf it too badly for people in the creating area of it. 

CPU: Intel Core i7 CPU 860 2.8GHz
    Evga GeForce 670 FTW
    Evga P55 SLI

<image

• RaxeonRaxeon cedar falls, IAPosts: 2,090Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ichmen

company page says nothing about making 2nd life.. i think that was a fubar.  as for xulu this game looks interesting yet boring. 

seems to be more of a game mode/map creator and less of an actual game.  kinda like getting age of empires and never playing it, only making maps that other people play. 

still it looks interesting enough to warrent investing time to watch it i guess.  provided they dont narf it too badly for people in the creating area of it. 

you dont even need to watch. im installing now

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Phoenix, AZPosts: 1,148Member Uncommon
    Interesting.

• XuluCommunityXuluCommunity Milpitas, CAPosts: 3Member

Alpha is open for everyone, so come check us out and let us know what you think! We are always open to feedback and ideas. This is a game built for and by the players! Come be a part of what we hope to be a really awesome game!

We also have Weekly Challenges where you can win some cool stuff. Free-to-play  (always will be) and prizes?! yes...that's right!  See you in-world!

-Xulu Community Team 

• mcrippinsmcrippins Dallas, TXPosts: 1,069Member Uncommon
    no idea what the hell I just watched but I want to do it!
  • JaedorJaedor Denver, COPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    Downloaded and installed this last night. Was able to get in and move around a bit. Have to keep reminding myself it's alpha. I'll need to figure out a way to reconfigure the controls or I'll never be able to stand it.
  • XuluCommunityXuluCommunity Milpitas, CAPosts: 3Member
    Originally posted by Jaedor
    Downloaded and installed this last night. Was able to get in and move around a bit. Have to keep reminding myself it's alpha. I'll need to figure out a way to reconfigure the controls or I'll never be able to stand it.

Yes while in Alpha we are working on fine tuning the controls and vehicles physics, etc. Check out our Controls page to learn more: xulu.com/controls/ . It will also tell you how to re-map your controls there. If you particiapte in our weekly challenges, you can win some awesome prizes like a Logitech Joystick, Gamepad or Headset that could come in handy too!

-Xulu Community Team