Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Crowdfunding Watch for Star Citizen!

TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

Less than a week, and we are close to 1 million $.

Surely Space Sim Pilots, don't need a "Sand Princess to hold the stick for them"!

We are strong, we are many and we are the Squadron 42 of Star Citizen allright, we are the Myrmidons that go first, into battle.

For we will be, the very first, after Wing Commander, Privateer, Frespace II, to fly a space ship and live the thrill of it, once again!

For Squadron 42!

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
Star Citizen
TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

Comments

• freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378
    I LOVE SPACESHIPS!!!!!!!     ;)
  • JojinJojin Member UncommonPosts: 120

Star Citizen is now on Kickstarter.

"The kind folks at Kickstarter have generously offered to help out. Not only are they happy for us to have a Star Citizen campaign but they are fine running in parallel with the crowd funding platform on this site. This is great news, as it allows us to provide all the Space Sim fans out there multiple options to back Star Citizen. Nervous about pledging in a custom solution on a site that has had some hick-ups? Use Kickstarter! If you can’t as you don’t have an Amazon account and don’t want to open one, use the RSI site, where we take Paypal and credit cards. It’s all about user choice and in this adding Kickstarter is a very good thing.

For fun, we’ve created a small Kickstarter pledge for existing backers. It’s called the “Kickstarter” and it’s an Electro Skin Hull Enhancement module. This is an upgrade package that players will be able to buy in game that allows ship owners to switch their hull appearance at a flick of a switch. The idea is that we will make skins available and allow players to make their own (within rules) once the game fully goes live. So for the $5 “Kickstarter” pledge we will add it to your current ship package, along with a custom skin that will tell the world that you backed twice!  We added it to Kickstarter to allow fans to show their support in both places without breaking the bank." - Chris Roberts

• AnubisanAnubisan Member UncommonPosts: 1,798

As of today, the crowdfunding for this project on the RSI website just passed $1 million. 

It looks like they might get adequate funding after all!

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Yeaaaa baby! Things are going better and better.
  • zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

Interesting that they got kick-starter as well, it's possible that they are not getting as much as they hoped, it’s been around $900,000 for awhile on the site now, and we need it to be over 5mil for the extra goodies they want to include.

Maybe word needs to get round more, or maybe it’s been too long, a lot of PC gamers are too young to know who Chris Roberts is, it’s only players in the 30s+ who appreciate the weight of his name on this project, and know that you throw all the money you have at this thing if you want to see the PC at its best as a gaming platform.

DO IT

• MumboJumboMumboJumbo Member UncommonPosts: 3,219
    Think it is a good move to go Kickstarter as well - big pool there of various interests that will spot this aside from games category. :)
  • morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

SC got my cash! Hope loads of money will be put in to this project with crowdfunding.

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by Anubisan

As of today, the crowdfunding for this project on the RSI website just passed $1 million. 

It looks like they might get adequate funding after all!

As I said before on this site and massively, the naysayers of this project don't have a clue who Chris Robert's is and what he is to the hobby of computer gaming. He has a HUGE fanatical following whether they know him or not. The great thing is that he is deserving of said following. Not even a full day has passed on the KS just put up and it's at $90,000 plus.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• KhalathwyrKhalathwyr Member UncommonPosts: 3,133
    Originally posted by OG_Zorvan
    I really don't think we need multiple threads about this kickstarter project.

Noone's making you click the link. You've already established you think we're all suckers for backing this. If you aren't interested in the game then are you just coming into it's forums to mock and snipe at folks? IF your answer is you just want to keep up and see how it goes, well, enough of us "suckers" are going to fund it and in April 2014 (alot of us before then in alpha na beta) we're going to be having a blast playing it. The end.

"Many nights, my friend... Many nights I've put a blade to your throat while you were sleeping. Glad I never killed you, Steve. You're alright..."

Chavez y Chavez

• TyrianPrimeTyrianPrime Member UncommonPosts: 107

SC went for Kickstarter, kudos!

Relevant vid http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-zN5q7sBKmc&feature=related

And a comment, on the vid, how can you not expect success when the creator has humor, "Fixing your Crowdfunding Website for Dummies"...ahahahahah....hilarious....this is a trait only great men and women have, and that is humility, and humor.Last time i saw such traits, it was mostly from the Blizzard guys, that doesn't mean anything, pure coincidence.

One thing is for sure, we will persevere, and the day Star Citizen launches it will be our Independence day for the Space Genre!

Fully supporting STAR CITIZEN by the Legendary Grandmaster of the Space Game Genre, Chris Roberts.For Captain Eisen's memory.....For Squadron 42...For the Space Genre....For the PC....I pledge!
    Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• DeolusDeolus Member UncommonPosts: 392
    I want to know who donated the $10,000 for the custom ship? O.o
    ^He must be a Bounty Hunter allright...wouldn't want to be locked from his targeting module with shields at half, nope?:)

Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

Originally posted by Deolus
    I want to know who donated the $10,000 for the custom ship? O.o

Well 4 have donated $10,000 so far. If I had the cash I would do aswell.

• firefly2003firefly2003 Member UncommonPosts: 2,527
    Currently, with the main website and Kickstarter combined they have reached around 1.8 mil so pretty much at the goal very soon maybe more if they have a paypal option going as well like some other projects had.

That's good news...it would be a shame our pledges return, i did make mine wholeheartedly, because i very often hoped for another creator, or a company, like Blizzard for example to make a new blockbuster, memorable, playable and fun experience game for the genre i love.

We can only hope, and those who can and want to, support. There are so many mediocrities out there that have rediculous invenstment, that always flop after a month of release.

If Roberts can't pull it off again, or Blizzard...who can? So far...noone...really up to their scale.

Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

Today there should be more info on the ships you can pledge http://www.robertsspaceindustries.com/

Can't wait to airborne!

• zimboy69zimboy69 Member UncommonPosts: 395

i would  pledge as well  but at this moment in my life i simply cannot

it looks amazing and  a game ive been waiting for, 

i feel  sad but i just dont have the money atm

any  kind person  want to  pledge for me :)

Close to the 3 million goal, both on RSI Site and Kickstarter combined.

Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• KorogKorog Member Posts: 5

Current amounts:

Kickstarter: $1,179,114
    Onsite: $2,250,099

Total: $3,429,213

This is with six days to go!

• FromHellFromHell Member Posts: 1,311

Just upgraded my pledge!

Go Chris! Go Chris!

Make it happen! I want this space sim baby!

Secrets of Dragon?s Spine Trailer.. ! :D
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fwT9cFVQCMw

Best MMOs ever played: Ultima, EvE, SW Galaxies, Age of Conan, The Secret World
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=T2X_SbZCHpc&t=21s

The Return of ELITE !

Did aswell :-) SC will be hell of fun!

Over 3,5 million!!!!

And Chris is hilarious:)

Enjoy

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kp_eYvXhx5c

Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• RiftstarRiftstar Member UncommonPosts: 22

Raised: $4,049,961

RSI:  $2,652,857 

Kickstarter:  $1,397,104

Playing: MWO
    Waiting For: Star Citizen

The 4,500,000 million USD mission goal has been achieved!

Star Citizen
    TOG Star Citizen-Join Us

• Insane666Insane666 Member UncommonPosts: 67

for the empire, for the pc, for the space sim,,,

cant wait for this game

Games previously played: AO, AoC, Aion, AoW, Eve, SWTor, WaR, STO, TSW, DCUO, FE, BP, ProjectEntropia, FootballSuperstars!