Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

THe ranger bots

Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

They all walk on the same setup patterns, and eventually catch up to eachother and then travel in groups. 

I really hate them, and report everyone of them.

But what  kind of punnishment do they get when Arenanet thinks my reports are valid?

Does anyone know whats the punnishment for botting?

Please do report those bots they are so easilly recognisable and it takes only a few secconds to do.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

Comments

• Threatlevel0Threatlevel0 Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

Please do report those bots they are so easilly recognisable and it takes only a few secconds to do.

Shh... we don't speak of them.   

>_>  

They may be watching.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

Are you on SBI? Are these the same ranger bots that I think you're thinking of? 

I know of the three.  They're all ran by the same guy.  I know it's the same,because their accounts all have similar names. It's "love.####", with the variable numbers changed per each one (acct names visable when doing a report).  I've reported all three, but yet no action taken.  They stay in the same area just north of the tunnel, running circles and farming Orrian farmers and chickens. 

• L0C0ManL0C0Man Member UncommonPosts: 1,065

They all walk on the same setup patterns, and eventually catch up to eachother and then travel in groups. 

But what  kind of punnishment do they get when Arenanet thinks my reports are valid?

As far as I know the punishment is permabanning.

So far it seems they're being banned in waves, last I heard they mentioned around 4500 bots banned so far several days ago, and at least I know I reported a few about 3 days ago, and they weren't there today, and a guildie usually adds any bot he finds to his friends list after reporting, and he was saying how they were all offline tonight.

What can men do against such reckless hate?

• KhinRuniteKhinRunite Member Posts: 879
    Really a bunch of eyesores. A clump or brown bears with their brown masters (default garment colors), all spamming short bow skills, all with incomprehensive names. I also take the time to report these clutters, but in times when there's like 7 in the group teleporting around I couldn't click them all to report.
  • OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by KhinRunite
    Really a bunch of eyesores. A clump or brown bears with their brown masters (default garment colors), all spamming short bow skills, all with incomprehensive names. I also take the time to report these clutters, but in times when there's like 7 in the group teleporting around I couldn't click them all to report.

The ones on Anvil rock are as nekkid as they will allow you to be lol. I've reported them every night I see them, but they're still around.

• chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

About a week ago I read that they have been working hard to develop new ways to detect bots and have banned something like 5000 accounts. 

Another issue is accounts getting stolen and then used as well.

I have yet to see any sign of botting but like all things, it may be more prevalant on other servers or maybe I just haven't seen.

Besides the first week I would have had less than 10 people advertising gold in chat and they immediatley get reported.

Pretty happy so far with the low numbers of bots/spammers.

Good to see Arenanet ban 1000's and not just 100's.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Just remember guys even though they are obvious to you and even to the Dev that investigates, they "have" to watch them for an extended time, and then they ban in waves.

I reported 1 group of 3 rangers that ran the same pattern for like 10 mins. And as I was watching them I noticed 1 in the group teleported...well he got teleported inside a fort. Im 100% positive it was a GM/Dev that did it because the other 2 bots that one was running with didnt "glitch".

I know the GM did it to see if it would continue to try and run its programed pattern, and it did. I friended all three of them the accounts were sometime like fpfpfp2121, thththt111 and wewewe9898 and two days later after I reported they are gone.

Just remember bans arnt instant and to keep on reporting them.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• CastillleCastillle Member UncommonPosts: 2,679

Theres a Guild in jq that has botters but i forgot the name x. X i rreported the players n neve r sawed them again. 

''/\/\'' Posted using Iphone bunni
    ( o.o)
    (")(")
    **This bunny was cloned from bunnies belonging to Gobla and is part of the Quizzical Fanclub and the The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club**

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by chryses

About a week ago I read that they have been working hard to develop new ways to detect bots and have banned something like 5000 accounts. 

I have yet to see any sign of botting but like all things, it may be more prevalant on other servers or maybe I just haven't seen.

Besides the first week I would have had less than 10 people advertising gold in chat and they immediatley get reported.

If i got permabanned for botting, i´d report my account stolen too, ...  but then there is an IP log, that shows that people claim their accounts stolen played from a single location.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Most of them are hunters but i see also some Guardians meybe coz surivial skills runing in same rute all time day and night.

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by chryses

If i got permabanned for botting, i´d report my account stolen too, ...  but then there is an IP log, that shows that people claim their accounts stolen played from a single location.

my brother bought gold in wow .his account got permanent ban but than he said that his account was stolen .his ip is static but as blizzard is losing too much money . they returned his account and he is still buying gold .

• TwoThreeFourTwoThreeFour Member UncommonPosts: 2,155
    Originally posted by Hokie

Just remember guys even though they are obvious to you and even to the Dev that investigates, they "have" to watch them for an extended time, and then they ban in waves.

I reported 1 group of 3 rangers that ran the same pattern for like 10 mins. And as I was watching them I noticed 1 in the group teleported...well he got teleported inside a fort. Im 100% positive it was a GM/Dev that did it because the other 2 bots that one was running with didnt "glitch".

I know the GM did it to see if it would continue to try and run its programed pattern, and it did. I friended all three of them the accounts were sometime like fpfpfp2121, thththt111 and wewewe9898 and two days later after I reported they are gone.

Why are they choosing to watch them for an extended time? I mean, could they be sued if they banned an innocent person? If they cannot be sued, then a better approach would be to just ban everyone that has both been reported and has a "bad" name., those who fall through their cracks can always turn to customer support.

• MothanosMothanos Member UncommonPosts: 1,910

4500 bot accounts where closed last week ;)

keep reporting them bro, but sometimes i uset them to farm me some mats a little easier and team up with them xD

• Pretender00Pretender00 Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Mothanos

4500 bot accounts where closed last week ;)

keep reporting them bro, but sometimes i uset them to farm me some mats a little easier and team up with them xD

QFT,

I report every bot I come across.. I do like to tail them when farming mats though. Makes it a whole lot faster farming. I do however make sure and say hi to anyone that comes near so they won't think I'm botting too.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Siphaed

Are you on SBI? Are these the same ranger bots that I think you're thinking of?  I know of the three.  They're all ran by the same guy.  I know it's the same,because their accounts all have similar names. It's "love.####", with the variable numbers changed per each one (acct names visable when doing a report).  I've reported all three, but yet no action taken.  They stay in the same area just north of the tunnel, running circles and farming Orrian farmers and chickens. 

They're on just about every server
  • aesperusaesperus Member UncommonPosts: 5,135

They get banned. Not always immediately, but they do get banned.

I wish they'd bring back the Dhuum Scythe.

Unfortunately many of these bots just buy new game accounts.

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

Why are they choosing to watch them for an extended time? I mean, could they be sued if they banned an innocent person? If they cannot be sued, then a better approach would be to just ban everyone that has both been reported and has a "bad" name., those who fall through their cracks can always turn to customer support.

you cant sue a company for banning your account.. typical GM requirement is to confirm account is doing said reported action.  so staff monitor the player(s)/account(s) in question for a little bit then issue punishment. all game servers unless its an illegal private server do it. its a means to prevent accidental bannings lol. 

reason you can not sue them is do to their ToS, you dont actually own the account you are paying for an extended licence to use it. provided you obey their rules and regulations lolol.  plus its cheaper to just buy a new key/account then try and sue a large company

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    guild wars 2 doesnt have bots... you are crazy... lol Im guessing they boot them and just come back that is how it usually is... question is do they hack it or do they buy an account each time if they buy it guild wars 2 is making a fortune...
  • chryseschryses Member UncommonPosts: 1,453

I saw the first one today.  He was dead so I ran over and rezzed him not knowing it was a bot. Upon being rezzed he stood up and kept firing into mobs and I watched him get killed and not change attack or move at all.  I left him there and reported him.

The issue isn't the bots. Its the idiots that keep buying gold.  I swear I don't know why people play games sometimes.  Isn't the whole point about developing your character and getting excited about achieving something and not just paying for it?

I think if its possible, a clever way to spot bots would be to develop a background program that can detect set patterns or moves based on key strokes.  If an avatar is moving without key strokes/buttons or is doing the same thing over and over then its not a human obviously.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737

I think warrior bots are taking over rangers. Atleast on my server. i see only warrior bot trains these days. And yes i reported them but they are still here.

• neumneum Member UncommonPosts: 143
    If you are an enginer set up some turrets along thier path and afk out of sight some where.  It only works if they have a short path because repops will kill the turrets.

• spikers14spikers14 Member UncommonPosts: 531
    Originally posted by halflife25

I think warrior bots are taking over rangers. Atleast on my server. i see only warrior bot trains these days. And yes i reported them but they are still here.

I've also seen necros botting in a large group -- each with pets. It looked like a silly blob train mowing mobs down. This was, of course, in Orr. I report bots too, but I'd rather they take their time and investigate...Whatever commands or programs they are using, it seems most are something similar. Hopefully Anet figures it out and eventually find ways to block its use. Its even spilling over into W3.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by TwoThreeFour

They cant be sued. And they dont want to ban legit people who are grinding mats. I will follow a pattern when I grind mats to sell. So just to be sure they will watch.

If they ban a person who isnt botting then they may lose a customer.

As an example when I played EVE I ran three account at the same time off the same computer. And when I got bored of running levels 3 and 4 missions Id do some mining. I was also a manufactuer/builder.

Id have 3 barges out the mining. Id have it where I was very efficent at it. And I know for a fact I was reported to GMs plenty of times. Someone would come thru and like 20 mins later I get a rat spawn, I clear them, and then instantly I get another, and then another. And that doesnt happen in that game. Got to the point this invisiable GM was spawning some hard rats spawns and almost blew two of my barges. And I ended up typing in Local Chat "You can fucking stop already Im not a fucking macro miner you dick!" and it stopped. Happened a few times after that and when I'd see an odd number of spawns start happeneing Id throw out in Local " Ohh hahaha GM, as you can see Im not macroing. If you gonna spawn something  at least make it some transports." And it would stop. (and I got a transport spawn one time too)

My point being just because it looks like a botter (macroer) doesnt mean they are. Best to watch them for awhile, and then drop the banhammer when 100% sure.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."