Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

How can they avoid this being pay to win ? How can you barter with other players if this is a gankfe

You mentioned that there will be a store or marketplace in the game. Is it micro-transaction based?

As you explore the game world, you'll find two types of currency - Dollars and Gold Coins. Both can be used for barter between players if you want or to purchase certain consumables (food, medicine, ammo) at the General Store in one of the safe settlements and in the Marketplace in the frontend. Not all items that you find in the world will be purchasable, and by no means do you need to use the store at all - everything can be found in the game worl

I want PAY FOR WIN! I have lots of money to spend!

Sorry pal, but this is the wrong game. Like in a real-world, post apocalyptic scenario, your money will mean much less than your natural survival skills, training and wits

cut and paste from the FAQ .

Given it looks like this games going to be a massive deathmatch gankfest it seems to me that those that spend money on an in game store will have an advantage . If you buy an uzi and body armor your going to have an advantage over someone with a knife . Also a few months after release your going to have uber powered players killing all the newbies making it very difficult for new players to come into the game . Theres also no factions so anyone can gank you .

How if anyone can gank you does it make it possible to barter with other players . Given you cant trust them . If you approach them they are likly to kill you .

Some things about this game dont add up and it seems poorly thought through . Maybe I'm wrong and things will be added to stop it being a gankfest and allowing safe areas to trade .

Comments

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by roo67

You mentioned that there will be a store or marketplace in the game. Is it micro-transaction based?

As you explore the game world, you'll find two types of currency - Dollars and Gold Coins. Both can be used for barter between players if you want or to purchase certain consumables (food, medicine, ammo) at the General Store in one of the safe settlements and in the Marketplace in the frontend. Not all items that you find in the world will be purchasable, and by no means do you need to use the store at all - everything can be found in the game worl

Sorry pal, but this is the wrong game. Like in a real-world, post apocalyptic scenario, your money will mean much less than your natural survival skills, training and wits

Given it looks like this games going to be a massive deathmatch gankfest it seems to me that those that spend money on an in game store will have an advantage . If you buy an uzi and body armor your going to have an advantage over someone with a knife . Also a few months after release your going to have uber powered players killing all the newbies making it very difficult for new players to come into the game . Theres also no factions so anyone can gank you .

How if anyone can gank you does it make it possible to barter with other players . Given you cant trust them . If you approach them they are likly to kill you .

Some things about this game dont add up and it seems poorly thought through . Maybe I'm wrong and things will be added to stop it being a gankfest and allowing safe areas to trade .

I would guess the bartering would take place in these safe settlements they talk about. I can only imagine this will be a place where you can buy/sell goods and trade with other players without the risk of being ganked. If that isn't the purpose of them then I have no idea why they would even have safe settlements.

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

It is a massive open world map with only a limited amount of players. There was a thread somewhere on their forums stating that you would encounter players every 10 min or so, with this specific rate. Regardless of how true that is, it cannot be a gankfest, simply because of the ratio of how large this map is compared to the limited amount of players (100 or so). Furthermore they have content that supports players working together, like some areas are so crowded with zombies that you must have a group in order to access better loot/ chance of better loot.

They have specifically said it over and over, one that is considered a veteran will not be superior vs one that is new.. you can kill a veteran with a few hits in the head with a flashlight for instance. There are NO ITEMS in the store that can be considered as pay to win - the there are many examples of this if you just bother to look. There is no factions but there is clans, this is your faction - or some might prefer being alone. Having clans supports freedom, some might kill other players, some form alliances (which they have already on forums) for tradeworks and friendly environments etc. This is just like real life, if there was a zombie apocalypse, there will be chaos and maintaining order will always be difficult. Gankfest or not, the exploration, the thrill, all the survival elements makes this a unique game. This game is well thought through.

How can you not see the beauty of this form of freedom, is your mind really that linear? I could be mad at you, but I partly blame the devs of themeparks for creating a new form of players who are used to get things on golden plates. The quote pretty much sums it up that this game is not for you. Even more so since you're the same guy that made that other overdramatic thread.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by ayronamic

It is a massive open world map with only a limited amount of players. There was a thread somewhere on their forums stating that you would encounter players every 10 min or so, with this specific rate. Regardless of how true that is, it cannot be a gankfest, simply because of the ratio of how large this map is compared to the limited amount of players (100 or so). Furthermore they have content that supports players working together, like some areas are so crowded with zombies that you must have a group in order to access better loot/ chance of better loot.

They have specifically said it over and over, one that is considered a veteran will not be superior vs one that is new.. you can kill a veteran with a few hits in the head with a flashlight for instance. There are NO ITEMS in the store that can be considered as pay to win - the there are many examples of this if you just bother to look. There is no factions but there is clans, this is your faction - or some might prefer being alone. Having clans supports freedom, some might kill other players, some form alliances (which they have already on forums) for tradeworks and friendly environments etc. This is just like real life, if there was a zombie apocalypse, there will be chaos and maintaining order will always be difficult. Gankfest or not, the exploration, the thrill, all the survival elements makes this a unique game. This game is well thought through.

How can you not see the beauty of this form of freedom, is your mind really that linear? I could be mad at you, but I partly blame the devs of themeparks for creating a new form of players who are used to get things on golden plates. The quote pretty much sums it up that this game is not for you. Even more so since you're the same guy that made that other overdramatic thread.

I still think it would work better if there were survivor and bandit factions . Also you may be able to wack a vet over the head a few times with a flashlight but remember you have to get close to that vet to do that . Not easy if he has a ranged weapon .

I take your point about the map being very large and that it ll be less of a gankfest than maybe is comeing across from a lot of people posting in these forums .Maybe if players group up there should be a 5  minuite cool down where they cant turn around and kill you after that grouping .  

Safe zones would be a must I think for tradeing . These would do better to be instanced to avoid camping such zones and therefore picking off players as they come and go.

Originally posted by SlickShoes

I would guess the bartering would take place in these safe settlements they talk about. I can only imagine this will be a place where you can buy/sell goods and trade with other players without the risk of being ganked. If that isn't the purpose of them then I have no idea why they would even have safe settlements.

Exactly the purpose I was getting at . Certainly not areas where you could get ganked .

• NacarioNacario Member UncommonPosts: 222

I still think it would work better if there were survivor and bandit factions . Also you may be able to wack a vet over the head a few times with a flashlight but remember you have to get close to that vet to do that . Not easy if he has a ranged weapon .

I take your point about the map being very large and that it ll be less of a gankfest than maybe is comeing across from a lot of people posting in these forums .Maybe if players group up there should be a 5  minuite cool down where they cant turn around and kill you after that grouping .  

Safe zones would be a must I think for tradeing . These would do better to be instanced to avoid camping such zones and therefore picking off players as they come and go.

There has been talk of systems making it easier to spot who is a bandit based on previous amount of killings, just like there was in DayZ. This could very well be the direction it goes towards. My example with the flashlight was just to showcase that a maxed char can still die with a few hits to the head despite its upgrades image

And again, 5 minute cooldown to prevent ganking?

• jsgrimjsgrim Member UncommonPosts: 7

If you're worried about this game then here's a breakdown in it's current state, and day to day updates:

Originally posted by ayronamic

There has been talk of systems making it easier to spot who is a bandit based on previous amount of killings, just like there was in DayZ. This could very well be the direction it goes towards. My example with the flashlight was just to showcase that a maxed char can still die with a few hits to the head despite its upgrades image

And again, 5 minute cooldown to prevent ganking?

I'm talking about after grouping . If your in a group with someone then leave that group maybe there should be a cooldown period to stop them shooting you in the back . 5 miniutes would give you plenty of time to stop being ganked by some idiot that thinks its funny to kill someone after being in a group with them .

If your right about there being some indication of how much of a ganker someone is then thats also a very good idea .Some sort of sign to show how much of an arsehat someone is could work very well imo . It also addresses the whole killing without repercussions thing without having a need for factions early on . Great idea .

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567

You can use strongholds to invite people in and trade. (They can still kill you)

You can try safe-settlements.

Or grab some friends/mercs and have support for open-world trades.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478
    Originally posted by Sora2810

You can use strongholds to invite people in and trade. (They can still kill you)

You can try safe-settlements.

Or grab some friends/mercs and have support for open-world trades.

What he said. This a sandbox survival game. Your gonna have to play smart. And slow down and think.

The beauty of this game is it is 100% anonymous. You cannot mouse click somone to know their name. No mouse overs etc. You do not know who killed you, heck you do not know who is even talking in chat. It's about as hardcore in that nature as I have seen. DayZ did not even go that hardcore. lol

I love it :D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Too many red flags with this game.  If it's not a straight forward B2P game without a cash store, I'm not wasting my time on it.
  • BigCountryBigCountry Member Posts: 478

no need to spend any money on a cash store. if someone buys something from the cash store just kill them and loot it if its somethig your wanting :D everything drops to the ground when u die. no blessed/protected items. :D this aint WOW :D

BigCountry | Head Hunters | www.wefarmpeople.com

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

You wont be able to buy guns..