Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Wow i got a refund and it was quick!

Here is what i sent to xpolla the war z support team yesterday having paid though paypal for the game on the 15th October.

'Hi

I would like a full refund with immediate effect regarding my purchase of your product.

It states ‘buy now play now’ but it is unplayable in its present state so this is a mis-representation as to the true facts regarding your alpha game.'

Here is what i recevied today:

Support Team of Xsolla

Your request has been deemed solved. To reopen, reply to this email.

*lga *ondratova, Oct 18 12:17 pm (YEKT):

Hello!

We've refunded your payment'

Xsolla Inc. just sent you a refund

18 Oct 2012 07:16:38 BST
Transaction ID:

Dear ***** ******,

Xsolla Inc. just sent you a full refund of $49.99 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Xsolla Inc..

The refund will go to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log in to your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Very profesional service as i thought i was going to get two fingers.

My issues were the animation and gfx were unacceptable to be charged for regardless of it being in alpha.

I had it on ultra settings with a 7970 and the gfx were not what i expected with a game that had been in development for 2 yrs.

The animations were pretty poor too. Robotic and almost like a puppet on a string. Some zombies were static or floating.

I thought they had testers testing it out before they released it to the public in alpha stage?

These wernt bugs but fundamental basic game glitches.

Anyway im happy..perhaps because i paid through paypal i got a refund quick since I wasnt happy with the basic features of the game..gfx and animation.

If they arent going to change when beta is released then god help the game.

My faith in humanity is restored..i got a quick refund..wtf?

I salute you WarZ!

Comments

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016

Was you really expecting a finished game being in Alpha state?

Why people are handing over money to companies to play a game that is not in a finished condition is beyond believe to be quite honest.

People want to calm down and stop getting over hyped about games they read through forums/media or any other source until they see the finished product, I would of thought this would be a lesson learnt from previous titles but people still fall for this type of marketting, its mind boggling.

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by biggarfoot

Why people are handing over money to companies to play a game that is not in a finished condition is beyond believe to be quite honest.

Not only do they pay to test an unfinished product, they also then complain about it being unfinished after having payed.

When that falls on deaf ears it's chargeback or refund time. Ridiculous.

• MagnetiaMagnetia Member UncommonPosts: 1,015

Refunding an alpha product complaining that it is not finished.

Your argument is ridiculous and you should be taken out of the gaming community.

Play for fun. Play to win. Play for perfection. Play with friends. Play in another world. Why do you play?

• airborne1312airborne1312 Member Posts: 56

People want to calm down and stop getting over hyped about games they read through forums/media or any other source until they see the finished product, I would of thought this would be a lesson learnt from previous titles but people still fall for this type of marketting, its mind boggling.

Well of course i wasnt but i was expecting animation and gfx to be in place at least.

If it looks visually appealing and movement is good then i can live with all the other alpha bugs.

But it doesnt and my threads about this on the war z forum got deleted so i assumed this is the finished product regarding those 2 issues.

Alpha doesnt mean gfx should be second rate and blocky and animation should be on par with manic miner from the 80s.

Anyway lesson learned.

Originally posted by Magnetia

Your argument is ridiculous and you should be taken out of the gaming community.

your argument is too

if you read what i put rabid boy you might not mis-quote me

i said it was unplayable..they said it was playable

go back to school

• IchmenIchmen Member UncommonPosts: 1,228

im curious have you tried their War.Inc fps on steam?? if not i would give it a shot and see how the animations stack up.  when  i played warinc (they flagged it as a sorta mmofps beta) i found the game very ridged and rough (though that was before they added more fps view it was soly 3rd person mostly) 

seeing as most of their still shots show content from war inc in terms of graphics and npc kit, im just wondering if you dislike the graphics in their alpha title  which very well could be the final graphic pack for the game @_@

~though im kinda suprized people willingly pay to test games :/ preordering is one thing but paying to test a game is just foolish in my understanding of gaming.  id rather be paid to test instead of paying money and personal time to test :/~

• Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by airborne1312
    Originally posted by Magnetia

your argument is too

if you read what i put rabid boy you might not mis-quote me

i said it was unplayable..they said it was playable

go back to school

You said the animations and graphics were not what you would like for an alpha game. Does that mean that you didn't crash?

It's only unplayable if you literally can not play it for literal reasons. If the entire game was movin blocks then it's playable. However, if somehow if you ran into a Missingno that crashed your game, thats unplayable.

However, since you show that you're able to play the game without crashing. It is playable. The game itself must be barely optimized due to it being tested with different graphics cards and whatnot and not as fun as you'd like but it's alpha for a reason.

Alpha is one of the very first stages of game development when only the core features of a game are introduced. After that comes Beta which fleshes out the game and fixes impurities. Then it can be released for public enjoyment.

• HugolinHugolin Member UncommonPosts: 83
    good thing u got ur refund m8, im playing warz and im having a blast, its pretty good, it has some bugs but its a fun game, right now its a pvp madness but it will get better when safe heavens appears and clans and etc
  • SaintPhilipSaintPhilip Member Posts: 713

Okay, this thread is pretty funny.

-First, OP was in the wrong. No shit game will be very rough since its Alpha- Nearly unplayable would probably be expected at times even. Animations/Graphics are probably placeholder at this point. Its Alpha.

-However, I am so glad you got a refund and I hope many others do as well. Companies should not be doing this "charge for Alpha scam" as it really is a scam. This hurts everyone since Alpha and beta testers should certainly be there to provide very good feedback and bug reports and not yo "Play" the game early.

Alpha/Beta being a "paid for" privlige is very funny. Its not really a privlidge to work for free, and companies get what they pay for - Testers who do not properly do their job.

We all lose. The end.

• bingbongbrosbingbongbros Member UncommonPosts: 689

why the hell is this company even allowing people to preorder/buy it when it is still in alpha testing?!

don't they realize that anyone who pays to play this game is going to have the mindset that it should be launch ready as soon as they press play?  These days if you play a game it is instantly thought of as a launched game and will be treated like such by the majority of the population.

stop selling your alpha and beta stage games!!!!

Playing: Smite, Marvel Heroes
    Played: Nexus:Kingdom of the Winds, Everquest, DAoC, Everquest 2, WoW, Matrix Online, Vangaurd, SWG, DDO, EVE, Fallen Earth, LoTRo, CoX, Champions Online, WAR, Darkfall, Mortal Online, Guild Wars, Rift, Tera, Aion, AoC, Gods and Heroes, DCUO, FF14, TSW, SWTOR, GW2, Wildstar, ESO, ArcheAge
    Waiting On: Nothing. Mmorpg's are dead.

• RogueTroopaRogueTroopa Member Posts: 147
    I just got a refund too. The argument regarding alpha is tired. The building blocks for this game are clearly not in place.  And I see already the hackers are starting to have a field day. So enjoy

Land of AKA Godzilla with Wifey

Originally posted by bingbongbros

why the hell is this company even allowing people to preorder/buy it when it is still in alpha testing?!

don't they realize that anyone who pays to play this game is going to have the mindset that it should be launch ready as soon as they press play?  These days if you play a game it is instantly thought of as a launched game and will be treated like such by the majority of the population.

stop selling your alpha and beta stage games!!!!

I didn't have that mindset at all. Alpha tested loads of games. However it was clear this one needs tons of work before they even give it to joe public

Originally posted by RogueTroopa
    I just got a refund too. The argument regarding alpha is tired. The building blocks for this game are clearly not in place. Simply awful. And I see already the hackers are starting to have a field day. So enjoy

I believe you. But buying an alpha product encourages more companies to release unfinished bullshit.

Getting a refund is good. Please dont do this again even if it says its going to be the coolest thing with every cool feature ever devised but improved...Even if it promises "revolutionary gameplay."

-So. I trust its probably a terrible game (even for an Alpha State game) since they are charging to test it while still having the "Alpha" excuse . To me this reeks of a game which probably ewill not do well on release and gain most sales during the "test" phase.

Time will tell.

EDIT: I am hearing really bad things regarding this game. Too bad as the idea is quite cool. The Cash shop, certain things I have heard which cannot be spoken of and the "pay to alpha test" is pretty much confirming that this will not be pretty.

Originally posted by SaintPhilip
    I just got a refund too. The argument regarding alpha is tired. The building blocks for this game are clearly not in place. Simply awful. And I see already the hackers are starting to have a field day. So enjoy

I believe you. But buying an alpha product encourages more companies to release unfinished bullshit.

Getting a refund is good. Please dont do this again even if it says its going to be the coolest thing with every cool feature ever devised but improved...Even if it promises "revolutionary gameplay."

-So. I trust its probably a terrible game (even for an Alpha State game) since they are charging to test it while still having the "Alpha" excuse . To me this reeks of a game which probably ewill not do well on release and gain most sales during the "test" phase.

Time will tell.

EDIT: I am hearing really bad things regarding this game. Too bad as the idea is quite cool. The Cash shop, certain things I have heard which cannot be spoken of and the "pay to alpha test" is pretty much confirming that this will not be pretty.

Roger that big duke

-First, OP was in the wrong. No shit game will be very rough since its Alpha- Nearly unplayable would probably be expected at times even. Animations/Graphics are probably placeholder at this point. Its Alpha.

-However, I am so glad you got a refund and I hope many others do as well. Companies should not be doing this "charge for Alpha scam" as it really is a scam. This hurts everyone since Alpha and beta testers should certainly be there to provide very good feedback and bug reports and not yo "Play" the game early.

Alpha/Beta being a "paid for" privlige is very funny. Its not really a privlidge to work for free, and companies get what they pay for - Testers who do not properly do their job.

We all lose. The end.

How can i be in the wrong when i got a refund?

Companies in my 40 yrs experience of life do not give money back very easily..its usually tough sh1t you get what you paid for.

So something was wrong with this supposed 'Alpha' release and its playability they claimed on their frontpage.

Perhaps because i paid though paypal so they dont want to rock the boat..who knows?

I paid for this game since beta was on the 31st oct and they were giving a good package deal for early access to that etc.

Hindsight is a gr8 thing as my dad once said.

But i did get a refund and quickly so that shows perhaps they know they mis-represented what they were selling..it was pre-alpha not alpha.

GFX and animation were sub standard for 2012.

You can call me all the names under the sun but something is wrong when they give me a refund that quickly.

How can you argue with that?

We all lose. The end.

How can i be in the wrong when i got a refund?

Companies in my 40 yrs experience of life do not give money back very easily..its usually tough sh1t you get what you paid for.

So something was wrong with this supposed 'Alpha' release and its playability they claimed on their frontpage.

Perhaps because i paid though paypal so they dont want to rock the boat..who knows?

I paid for this game since beta was on the 31st oct and they were giving a good package deal for early access to that etc.

Hindsight is a gr8 thing as my dad once said.

But i did get a refund and quickly so that shows perhaps they know they mis-represented what they were selling..it was pre-alpha not alpha.

GFX and animation were sub standard for 2012.

You can call me all the names under the sun but something is wrong when they give me a refund that quickly.

How can you argue with that?

I mean in a "moral" sense. And dont get me wrong (I am no pillar of morality) I would have done the same thing . Its wrong to buy a product you know is unfinished and have no clue if it ever will be finished or what skill and funding the devs/project has to begin with- And then return it for really any reason at all.

-Again. I would return that shit too. But it doesnt make it right.

And its far more immoral to be selling Alpha testing positions anyhow...

EDIT: And yes, in this case they will refund everything no questions asked as they cannot afford chargebacks and being barred acess to PayPal.

• NibsNibs Member UncommonPosts: 287

Well of course i wasnt but i was expecting animation and gfx to be in place at least.

If it looks visually appealing and movement is good then i can live with all the other alpha bugs.

But it doesnt and my threads about this on the war z forum got deleted so i assumed this is the finished product regarding those 2 issues.

Alpha doesnt mean gfx should be second rate and blocky and animation should be on par with manic miner from the 80s.

Anyway lesson learned.

Yes, actually, it does.

Games even in a beta state have placeholder graphics and animations.

An alpha test is the absolute earliest stage of testing. It is barely playable and is meant to test the internal system design (does a bullet do what we think it does? Are walls solid?).

You clearly have concept of a what an alpha test is and should nbot have gone anywhere near it.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Well I had a full night playing War Z last night and after i turned off crossfire the game did not crash once..

me and 3 others guys to start with then we met up with another 10 guys we play with and had a blast.

For a game thats in alpha its actually very playable now.. sure first two days where off and on but what do people expect from an alpha test?

At least the company is nice enough to provide refunds to people who dont userstand what an alpha test is..

Originally posted by Caldrin

Well I had a full night playing War Z last night and after i turned off crossfire the game did not crash once..

me and 3 others guys to start with then we met up with another 10 guys we play with and had a blast.

For a game thats in alpha its actually very playable now.. sure first two days where off and on but what do people expect from an alpha test?

At least the company is nice enough to provide refunds to people who dont userstand what an alpha test is..

[mod edit]

Companies dont just hand out refunds because people dont understand what an alpha is.

Obviously there is a problem.

What kind of alpha testing has beta testing 2 weeks afterwards?

Just seen on the dayz forum that dayz standalone is due for release in december so this smells of a rushed panic job.

How can they sort out the animation or gfx in 2 weeks?

Its not alpha so dont describe it as such.

You keep on enjoying the animation of the static zombies and ill enjoy spending my refund on booze.

Oh and it was my mistake for buying in to the whole alpha garbage but its your mistake for keeping on believing there isnt an issue with the whole game not just the alpha bugs.

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    the devs did offer a we let you down appology on Facebook yesterday so it doesn't supprise me they are refunding disgruntled players .
  • lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

Not only do they pay to test an unfinished product, they also then complain about it being unfinished after having payed.

When that falls on deaf ears it's chargeback or refund time. Ridiculous.

+1 lol 

• DarkcrystalDarkcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 963

Here is what i sent to xpolla the war z support team yesterday having paid though paypal for the game on the 15th October.

'Hi

I would like a full refund with immediate effect regarding my purchase of your product.

It states ‘buy now play now’ but it is unplayable in its present state so this is a mis-representation as to the true facts regarding your alpha game.'

Here is what i recevied today:

Support Team of Xsolla

Your request has been deemed solved. To reopen, reply to this email.

*lga *ondratova, Oct 18 12:17 pm (YEKT):

Hello!

We've refunded your payment'

Xsolla Inc. just sent you a refund

18 Oct 2012 07:16:38 BST
    Transaction ID:

Dear ***** ******,

Xsolla Inc. just sent you a full refund of $49.99 USD for your purchase.

If you have any questions about this refund, please contact Xsolla Inc..

The refund will go to your PayPal account.

To see all the transaction details, please log in to your PayPal account. It may take a few moments for this transaction to appear in your account.

Very profesional service as i thought i was going to get two fingers.

My issues were the animation and gfx were unacceptable to be charged for regardless of it being in alpha.

I had it on ultra settings with a 7970 and the gfx were not what i expected with a game that had been in development for 2 yrs.

The animations were pretty poor too. Robotic and almost like a puppet on a string. Some zombies were static or floating.

I thought they had testers testing it out before they released it to the public in alpha stage?

These wernt bugs but fundamental basic game glitches.

Anyway im happy..perhaps because i paid through paypal i got a refund quick since I wasnt happy with the basic features of the game..gfx and animation.

If they arent going to change when beta is released then god help the game.

My faith in humanity is restored..i got a quick refund..wtf?

I salute you WarZ!

You came here to brag that you got a refund in a game that was in ALPHA?? Do you know what ALPHA means?  I see you do not, stop gaming please .

I don't get some of you gamers that expect a fuill working game in a beta and an ALPHA at that, that is why I would not listen to players when I make games I would NOT let them in ever... until its done, because of people that do not have any common sense.

• moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

You paid , you played, you didnt like it..Move on.

Why would you make a post about getting a quick refund ? Just to say " Look at me look at me?!?! " Then you know everyone and their brother are going to come out of the wood work and bash you for doing that . Refunds come from a whole nother branch of the company. The programmers dont do it. So yeah it was quick. Just like walking up and getting a refund for your bad purchase at walmart on a credit card. BAM it happens fast- but doesnt mean walmart has a problem.

Sorry man, but honestly you really are making a big something out of nothing. But you do get post counts for this.

I just got a refund too. The argument regarding alpha is tired. The building blocks for this game are clearly not in place.  And I see already the hackers are starting to have a field day. So enjoy

ROFL hahahaha, do you think that WOW, SWTOR has building blocks in ALPHA, they do not and I know for a fact I been in the gaming industry for years...

This company shouldnt give beta's out anymore because gamers do not know what beta means at all, Zero common sense. Priceless...

Originally posted by moguy2

You paid , you played, you didnt like it..Move on.

Why would you make a post about getting a quick refund ? Just to say " Look at me look at me?!?! " Then you know everyone and their brother are going to come out of the wood work and bash you for doing that . Refunds come from a whole nother branch of the company. The programmers dont do it. So yeah it was quick. Just like walking up and getting a refund for your bad purchase at walmart on a credit card. BAM it happens fast- but doesnt mean walmart has a problem.

Sorry man, but honestly you really are making a big something out of nothing. But you do get post counts for this.

You know why because alot of gamers today lack attention from mommy so they come here. I'm not trolling I'm stating facts, and frankly I'm tired of todays gamers and there whining ways.