Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Unprofessional developers

The developers seem very unprofessional, for being based in america their english is pretty bad, i havent read a single dev post that isnt full of misspelled words and grammatical errors. This also goes for the main website, just look at the FAQ. They also copied the ToS of League of Legends...

This game is a dayZ COPY, somehow they did not manage to copy the fun.

Comments

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

I think you will find it is spelt "unprofessional"

"despite being based in America" would have been better, grammatically, rather than "for being based in America"

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    It certainly sounds like they are rushing to take advantage of the popularity of DayZ.
  • Loverboy85Loverboy85 Member UncommonPosts: 65
    Originally posted by RefMinor

As you can see i spelled it right in my post just not in the title.

english is not my main language and my english is not the point here. 

• benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    It is a small team and they are not native English speakers. The game is currently in early Alpha testing and the "game" you are playing right now is hardly representative of a final product. Testers haven't even been provided the full client yet. The responses I have read lead me to believe they made a mistake opening the testing to this many people this early. It is obvious that they are a much more technically focused team at the moment and haven't considered the impression they are making on the community at large.
  • Wizlock23Wizlock23 Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by Loverboy85

There a new group just trying to get a peice of the mmo pie- let em have fund and make there game. I dont mind if they curse and mis spell words now and again as long a the game works and is fun . So far i think they are going in the right direction . Def have some speed bumps to get over , but hey , which game that came out in the past 5 years didnt have something wrong with it  or people on here bitching about this and that?! 

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270
    Best thing they could do is exclusiverly  work on the game and ignore all the forums trolls.
  • Sigurd57Sigurd57 Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins
    It certainly sounds like they are rushing to take advantage of the popularity of DayZ.

That is exactly what I was telling a friend.   DayZ hit the news sites a few months back, and these WarZ devs all gathered up and said "Oh crap!  Let's jack that idea, we can quickly rip the assest from another of our crappy games, throw some non-animated, pointless zombies in it, put a "Z" in the title then say we've been working on it all along!   AND I BET PEOPLE WILL PAY FOR IT!"  

Funny really, as tons of people DID pay for it.  (Myself included. What can I say, I like Zombie games...)  

As for the lack of professionalism of the devs... When they address their Facebook followers with profanities (I swear alot, so not judging them)  they set a tone like "We're cool, see!  We use big boy words to convey how we feel!"

I could care less how they conduct themselves, it is more a matter of, "CAN THEY DELIVER WHAT THEY ARE ALREADY SELLING?"

If they can, awesome... They can be as illiterate, foul mouthed, and unprofessional as they wish so long as they can produce a working, playable, and enjoyable game.   

Hey TSW Players http://www.unfair.co/ for Mission guides, Lore Locations and stuff....

• fenistilfenistil Member Posts: 3,005
    Originally posted by Sigurd57
    Myself included. What can I say, I like Zombie games...)  

More you do it more devs piss on you.

• FeudalismFeudalism Member UncommonPosts: 67

I agree 100% that this company is utterly unprofessional. Where to even begin with my view of them...First! They actually blocked me from commenting on their Facebook page because of TWO posts I made which were my OPINION of the game. I never spammed, posted malicious URLs, or used racist/profane language. They banned me for my opinion which was negative.

Second, they need to boot this Sergey fool off of their social media and hire someone who knows how to speak and write in English.

Third, they flat out LIED about a serial key that was supposed to grant a free copy of the game to the first 100 people who activate it. It was all a ploy to get more Facebook likes and they have never spoken of the key since.

Fourth, the downright FAILING on behalf of this company with the  "glitch" in their system which granted some purhcasers up to 30 serial keys for the price of one. The blatant COPYING of the League of Legends Terms of Use as their own. Yes, as soon as the client was released, there was a URL to the League of Legends website in their terms of use. That is beyond ridiculous.

Finally, they think that within 15 days this game will shift from "alpha" to "beta"? LOL if none of the above are red flags for you, PLEASE think before giving these scam artists your money, because before long, they will be running to the hills with sacks of money and broken promises. This game is just as flawed as War Inc (their previous title which they ended up SELLING to GamersFirst, a horrible F2P company). I'm not trolling, this is my honest and real opinion after following this game for months. I really was hoping it would be good.

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629

Oh the irony.... /facepalm

"The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    The devs are also very full of themselves and immature. Hence all the swearing in game updates and status updates.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

The developers seem very unprofessional, for being based in america their english is pretty bad, i havent read a single dev post that isnt full of misspelled words and grammatical errors. This also goes for the main website, just look at the FAQ. They also copied the ToS of League of Legends...

This game is a dayZ COPY, somehow they did not manage to copy the fun.

I don't know what all of you guys were expecting. This is a quick cash in game that tried to grab onto the popularity wave of Day Z. Good developers don't do that. Good developers don't slap an MMO together in a few months and start selling beta access.

• ironhelixironhelix Member Posts: 448
    I could be wrong, but I think that War Z was in development long before Day Z. Why does everyone act like Day Z invented the zombie phenomenon? Next thing you know, The Walking Dead will be a ripoff of Day Z.
  • NaiperNaiper Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by ironhelix
    I could be wrong, but I think that War Z was in development long before Day Z. Why does everyone act like Day Z invented the zombie phenomenon? Next thing you know, The Walking Dead will be a ripoff of Day Z.

You are wrong its one of their false advertising

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Do you honestly think it is a coicidence that this MMO was announced right when Day Z hit its 1,000,000 user mark, or that it is called War Z (hmm sounds pretty similar to some other game..)

Let's be real people.

• UristMcDwarfUristMcDwarf Member UncommonPosts: 111

Well, they say The War Z has been in development long before DayZ.. but there's a pretty controversial thread flying around (created several months ago in May) where the lead developer is proprosing his idea for TWZ and asking if us gamers would be interested in such a game before he actually starts development.

Though in that thread he does state that he was actually working on a zombie game for the PS3 and completed 50% of it before the game was shelved for War Inc (which that work would be ported to the PC).. so that's where the "it's been in development for years!" argument comes about. 

However, in a recent Q&A he specifically states that it wasn't until November of 2011 that he began working on TWZ and everything up until then was concept/pre-production related stuff. But how can he have started TWZ during that time when a.) TWZ as we know it wasn't planned yet and b.) the PS3 project was shelved until May of this year.

So there's a lot of doubt going on.

Currently Playing:
    nothing :(

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I am pretty sure they are jumping on the DayZ bang wagon.. but most games copy other games hell look at wow and how well that did by copying other games..
  • SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    This entire thread is failing at spell check

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by Betaguy

Oh the irony.... /facepalm

I am glad I wasn't the only one to see that.  How unprofessional?   I was actually going to defend the OP somewhat, as you would expect better  grammar from a company than you would someone posting on a forum. . . but after that I will just second your /facepalm.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• Loverboy85Loverboy85 Member UncommonPosts: 65

How professional is this? Calling out a hater?

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?29721-To-our-beloved-hater-RHINOCRUNCH-Open-letter

Could you imagine a serious developer doing something like that?

• itsTortitsTort Member UncommonPosts: 125

How professional is this? Calling out a hater?

http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?29721-To-our-beloved-hater-RHINOCRUNCH-Open-letter

Could you imagine a serious developer doing something like that?

Right, which Developer in their right mind would offer a face to face interview with someone who publically admits to hating on them , and spews out tons of false information. That really sounds like the works of a very unprofessional developer. Everyone knows you should not try to come out with the truth and let people continue believing lies. 

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402

"despite being based in America" would have been better, grammatically, rather than "for being based in America"

We all understood what he ment stop being so pedantic  .I don't agree with a lot of what he said but I'm not petty minded enough to try and troll him over his spelling . You must have way too much time on your hands .

• AtaakaAtaaka Member UncommonPosts: 213

Why not inquire about a public realtions position with said company? 

I bet you will have a harder time disecting their intent into neat, organized english than they now have without you.

I do not agree that poor english should be accepted as 'O.K.", especially when the target is english, per se. 

I do not agree that the level of development is a good excuse for anything, where expert marketing can make or break the attention span of the target audience. Everything a developer allows out to the public should be flawless.

If you can't stand all the nuances of development, then go do something else... nobody is perfect.

Enjoy!

Ataaka

-because my minutes are worth more then theirs.

This discussion has been closed.