Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Darkfall: Past & Present Subscribers Play Free

2»

Comments

• Rorschach1797Rorschach1797 Member Posts: 19
    just subbed 3 days ago -.-
  • IncomparableIncomparable Member UncommonPosts: 1,138
    Originally posted by Kasmos
    Originally posted by Myrdynn

I dunno MARKETING.  If you allow 100,000- 1 mil more people try it for free and retain even 1% your company makes a buttload more money

Except that Darkfall: Unholy Wars is going to be a lot different than Darkfall 1.0..... I'd rather them do it this way than try to have a million people try it now since they've done nothing with 1.0 and put all of their focus on Unholy Wars...

I think you are right. They underestimate the market expectations by toying with them with free content.

They give away a game for free, then people can run private servers later if they like it more than the new version.

The benefit of the older version is the older graphics probably handling more loads of info than the new and more detailed game of DH 2.0 as well.

Also people who invest thier time into a similar product will not want to try something slightly better without there being enough content to justify it. The thing is do they have that content?

For example tournamnets in the game, player held events, Guilds builds affection with NPCs and the devs/mods shapping events of NPCs getting involved with alliances or not, world events, new and different content that makes a game worht investing time into with specific rewards such as a house, or a story in the MMO. And I hope they have the goods.

Player made content can be big as well, and how they allow that to happen. I am not sure devs can compete with the idea of a private server too well, and that could be a problem. And they should have a lot of unique content to prevent that from happening. 

“Write bad things that are done to you in sand, but write the good things that happen to you on a piece of marble”

• GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030
    I'm glad I put a backup of the client on a storage hard drive! Installing now..

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• RavenmaneRavenmane Member Posts: 246
    :( I won't get a chance to play.

"If at first you don't succeed, excessive force is probably the answer."
  • BenjimonBenjimon Member Posts: 8

I can't post in darkfall forums because I'm not an active member, and I can't login and play, it says "Account is not active"

Is anybody else having this problem? Shouldn't I just be able to log in and play now since it's free? I don't see any free subscription item in the shop and I never saw a code, am I missing something?

I just wanna play some free darkfall till Unholy Wars is out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

You can post in the public forums, or send a message to support.

If you had a Darkfall account in the past, it should just be active, nothing else necessary. Hm.

Go figure, I would be the only one having this problem. I had an active account two seperate times for months. And ya, I can't post in their forums about it either to get help. I already sent a ticket in,  but who knows when they will get back to me, it might be like.. 24 hours! Doubt I can wait that long, I'll probably find some other similar game to play and.... wait that won't happen. :(

I can't post in the forums, won't let me log in. EDIT: won't let me post, I can log in. 

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

is there a place to DL if I dont have it installed anymore?

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    acc site log in ...shop..... download!
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738
    Originally posted by Benjimon

I can't post in darkfall forums because I'm not an active member, and I can't login and play, it says "Account is not active"

Is anybody else having this problem? Shouldn't I just be able to log in and play now since it's free? I don't see any free subscription item in the shop and I never saw a code, am I missing something?

I just wanna play some free darkfall till Unholy Wars is out. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If it was a trial account no.  You had to buy the client at some point to play.  If you did... I am not sure both my accounts work.. the trials account I had does not.

• PhaedreadPhaedread Member Posts: 27

Join Dragonbound for the rest of 1.0! Or Join up to come with us into 2.0!

Dragonbound.enjin.com!

Tons of vets going into 2.0, will have over 30 people to start.

• mCalvertmCalvert Member CommonPosts: 1,283

I dont even want to play for free. Just shut it down and use the resources for DF2.

Although...a massive fight with whoevers left woud be cool. Maybe DF2 could turn off all the rules and give everyone max level everything, every wep and infinite consumables.

• marcustmarcust Member UncommonPosts: 495

Within 2 hours of starting a new toon I had lesser magic to 70, axes and swords to about 50, sprint and run near 50, archery near 50.

Originally that would have taken me a month.

Also had someone at Monkfield bank offer me gear.

Best fun I've had in ages, far and away the best PVE on the market.

Going to enjoy this month.

Playing: Darkfall New Dawn (and planning to play Fallout 76)
    Favourite games have included: UO, Lineage2, Darkfall, Lotro, Baldur's Gate, SSX, FF7 and yes the original Wizardry on an Apple IIe

• JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410
    that's cool 'n all, but what i'm interested is the new DF not the old. I'll just wait for UW.
    Soooo, I still have an account that isn't active. Nobody else has this problem!!?! This is so frustrating. I've submitted 2 tickets and sent an email now but nobody seems to care about my free month of darkfall :(
  • drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104
    iam also haveing this problem
    Bummer, Support hasn't contacted me yet, they must be really backed up. I want to play darkfall so bad right now!
  • phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Is weird.  The account I used originally at Eu launch works.  The account I made for NA works.  Only account that does not work is my free trial account I never bought the game on. 

No clue why your accounts would not work if they were once active accounts.  Did you try going into the account page?  The only thing that they said would prevent an account that was paid for was if it was not in good standing.

• drivecdrivec Member UncommonPosts: 104

well my account is working its just on the eu server i didnt relise i hadn transfered it yet. but my old character is gone which isnt the bigest deal when iam really just waiting for 2.0.

i did just try to switch over to na to make sure i was able to play 2.0 on na server and not eu

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

I started it up last night for the first time in over a year.  I forgot how the controls worked.  My old character was also not there, but I didn't care.  Started up a human and had a good time playing for about three hours. 

Since I played last I have a much bigger monitor (1920X1080) and had a hard time adjusting with max settings because everything was so big.  Tough when you get used to the different perspectives of other MMO's.

Looking forward to Nov 20th.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Bah I just tried to log and also have "account is not active" and I was subbed to the game.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!