Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Reinstating a GW2 Account

DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

I asked for and got a refund on my GW2 account.

Now when I try to log into the game I get a 122 error code = account disabled..  

Can I apply a new CD code and reinstate my account / characters ?

Anyone else had experience with the GW2 refund process ?

Comments

• erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022
    No dude you got a refund, they invalidated your key.  You have to buy a new copy.  Honestly I expect this thread to be closed in minutes.
  • GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by DrDwarf

No.

When you requested a refund, ArenaNet (or any company in this industry, for that matter) considers it the same as issuing a chargeback. Your account is permanently closed and unable to be reopened, as it no longer belongs to you.

Those characters are gone, sitting in limbo, never to played again. So if you want to play you have to pony up for a new copy of the game and start fresh.

Frankly, you should have just shelved the game until you wanted to play again, rather than requesting a refund out of spite. Lesson learned?

• OSF8759OSF8759 Member Posts: 284

What did you learn?

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775

So... you asked for and received a refund, tried to log in anyways and some how are surprised by the fact you are getting an error code saying your account is disabled?

I think your situation is going to be fairly unique, not many out there are going to get a refund for a game they still want to and try to play. 

My advice is to contact Anet lol, they're the only ones that are going to be able to answer your question lol... 

• DrDwarfDrDwarf Member Posts: 475

I can still access my account.

i enjoyed playing the game from headstart on a pre purchase direct from Anet  at 50 quid.

[mod edit]

I'm now enjoying my 50 squid all over again but I might try reinstate my account with a new key if thats possible .. if not i'll go give it to some other games company .

Obviously some peopel get het up by this but I never owned anything according to the EULA/TOS and could be suspended for anything the games company choose.

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114

[mod edit] You CANNOT play an online game that you've been refunded for.  The product was revoked from you the minute you got your money back.  Sorry, too bad. It's your own fault.

You cannot get the account reinstated, it's flagged as permanently closed.  The ONLY way you can play Guild Wars 2 is to purchase the game again and make another account.  Good luck, good bye.

i enjoyed playing the game from headstart on a pre purchase direct from Anet  at 50 quid.

I didn't enjoy the 3 day suspension they gave me for saying the existing pope transferred paedophile priests to new churches.  So a refund was in order.

I'm now enjoying my 50 squid all over again but I might try reinstate my account with a new key if thats possible .. if not i'll go give it to some other games company .

lol... I'd look at joining another game. Rift has a new expansion come out real soon and TSW is always looking for new fans. 

Originally posted by Siphaed

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard/read on these forums.  You CANNOT play an online game that you've been refunded for.  The product was revoked from you the minute you got your money back.  Sorry, too bad. It's your own fault.

You cannot get the account reinstated, it's flagged as permanently closed.  The ONLY way you can play Guild Wars 2 is to purchase the game again and make another account.  Good luck, good bye.

How do you know that ?  

I can log in to my account and it is still possible to put in a new cd key as was required for any pre order account that only had headstart keys registered.

Even if that didnt work wouldnt i be able to call support and ask for a new key to be applied to my account ?

Also as I spent some cash on gems for more bag slots .. do you think I can request a refund on these too .. I can't access them now they stopped access to my account ...

and 

[mod edit]

• DakekarrDakekarr Member Posts: 44
    Regardless, getting a refund for a one time payment is absolutely retarded. Especially for a game that you know is not gonna disappear in a month and WILL be supported one way or another, at least stick around and see what happens. Why cancel if you already bought in? $15 a month I get, but to get that $60 back...really?

Playing: TESO
    Played (Trials mostly): WoW, UO, EQ 1 & 2, DAOC, Final Fantasy XI, EVE, COV, Aion, Rift, Star Trek Online, GW 2, TSW, Final Fantasy ARR, Tera
    Waiting on:EQ Next

• someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    If your account still works (recognises your id and pw), then its likely that your characters still exist too. But I don't understand this thread. No one from GW2 support will answer you here.

I didn't enjoy the 3 day suspension they gave me for saying the existing pope transferred paedophile priests to new churches.  So a refund was in order.

Obviously some peopel get het up by this but I never owned anything according to the EULA/TOS and could be suspended for anything the games company choose.

(1) You can access a portion of the account, just like you can with any mmorpg where your account has been closed. Account management retains your record in the database, it just isn't able to be reopened for use.

(2) The 3 day suspension they gave you was clearly warranted, you made a rude and obnoxious comment that could be considered disrespectful by a large number of individuals. It was a direct violation of the terms you agreed to when you made your account. I suggest reading them next time instead of just clicking accept.

(3) We've all just explained to you why "reinstating your account" isn't an option. As far as Anet is concerned that account will never be available for play again. You took your money back, money that was originally used to open that account. What part of this exceptionally novel concept is difficult to grasp?

You're 32 years old mate, I shouldn't have to explain these types of things to you...

• sk8chalifsk8chalif Member UncommonPosts: 666
    Originally posted by Dakekarr
    Regardless, getting a refund for a one time payment is absolutely retarded. Especially for a game that you know is not gonna disappear in a month and WILL be supported one way or another, at least stick around and see what happens. Why cancel if you already bought in? $15 a month I get, but to get that $60 back...really?

+1

~The only opinion that matters is your own.Everything else is just advice,~

Originally posted by Siphaed

That is the dumbest thing I've ever heard/read on these forums.  You CANNOT play an online game that you've been refunded for.  The product was revoked from you the minute you got your money back.  Sorry, too bad. It's your own fault.

How do you know that ?  

I can log in to my account and it is still possible to put in a new cd key as was required for any pre order account that only had headstart keys registered.

Even if that didnt work wouldnt i be able to call support and ask for a new key to be applied to my account ?

Also as I spent some cash on gems for more bag slots .. do you think I can request a refund on these too .. I can't access them now they stopped access to my account ...

and 

[mod edit]

All that money you spent and all those characters you leveld and geared you deleted. You didn't suspend the account, you canceled it completely. You deleted everything the moment you got a refund. You made a rash decision while you weren't thinking clearly, now life kicks in and you have to live with the consequences. All you can do now is learn from it. You made a mistake, you now know the consequences for such a mistake, don't make it again. Thats all you can do. 

• MelonCiderMelonCider Member UncommonPosts: 13
    It doesn't matter if it was the truth or not. It didn't need to be said. GW2 like to keep a nice clean enviroment for everyone. You had only a three day supsension. You take a day off and wait for the three days are over and you log back in and next time think carefully before you write. Nothing big. Why is this thread not closed yet? 

I didnt make a mistake ...

I am not going to lose sleep over my account or characters.

Originally posted by MelonCider
    It doesn't matter if it was the truth or not. It didn't need to be said. GW2 like to keep a nice clean enviroment for everyone. You had only a three day supsension. You take a day off and wait for the three days are over and you log back in and next time think carefully before you write. Nothing big. Why is this thread not closed yet? 

Who decides what does need to be said ?

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618
    Originally posted by MelonCider

Who decides what does need to be said ?

The owners of the forum obviously. Who happen to be the ones who suspended you. Duh?

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

This guy demonstrates the intelligence of the average, new MMO player and illustrates, plainly, why the economy in this game sucks so badly. (Listing items at 1 copper above the listed value.)

Honestly, I don't give a rat's ass about the mods rules regarding flaming posters at this point.  These troglodytes are the very core of the problem of why we have shit games to play today. The lowest common denominator has drilled, struck oil, and then traded the oil for underwear made out of poison ivy, and then nestled near the hot, molten core of the earth to drift off to a sulfurous slumber. Why we have rules in place to protect dipshits like this from being publicly, verbally lambasted by insightful, modest people (such as myself), blows my fucking mind.

Seriously? This guy doesn't understand that if you ask for your money back from a company from which you bought a product, that you will no longer have access to that product, and there's some great disconnect between looking at the quality of games being produced today and tying that to the consumer base?

Pull your head out of your fucking ass. You don't get to play video games anymore. You get to go to school, and then go straight home and do some homework. I don't care if you're 25. Go back to school. Get a G.E.D., or the equivalent in your country.

And for fuck's sake, don't you EVER consider breeding.

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• KakkzookaKakkzooka Member Posts: 591

(Can you imagine if I hadn't counted to ten before posting the above?

I really had some horrible things to say that I thought better of typing.)

Re: SWTOR

"Remember, remember - Kakk says 'December.'"

• OrsonDiturnoOrsonDiturno Member Posts: 35
    I would give you a standing ovation Kakk, but my wife would look at me funny.
  • grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by Kakkzooka

(Can you imagine if I hadn't counted to ten before posting the above?

I really had some horrible things to say that I thought better of typing.)

I think you just illustrated what's wrong with gamers today.

Optional PvP = No PvP

Clearly I wasn't expecting my account to remain playable after they refunded me.  

If games companies want to suspend people for any length of time they should expect some customers to object to this.

If they are suspended for simply discussing a topic in general chat that some people object to well some peopel will exert hard won consumer rights and ask for a refund.

Clearly I wasn't expecting my account to remain playable after they refunded me.  

If games companies want to suspend people for any length of time, nevermind three days, they should expect some customers to object to this, especially if there are suspended for simply discussing a topic in general chat, in a civilised way.

You were "discussing a topic" that insults an entire religeon based solely on your own ignorance.

You deserved exactly what you got. Stop trying to act like you haven't done anything wrong when you already admitted to it previously and layed it out for everyone to see.

• MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    Originally posted by OrsonDiturno
    I would give you a standing ovation Kakk, but my wife would look at me funny.

I do that for you no one watching me :)

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• jdnewelljdnewell Member UncommonPosts: 2,237

Is this for real?

Did you totally misunderstand the Refund process? Did you expect to get a refund and then be able to log into your account?

Really!?

I have not read a post this stupid in a long long time. I really hope this was a troll post.