Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Bored...Anyhelp?

odinswillodinswill Member UncommonPosts: 11

Good day to everyone!

Where to start...? Games is my thing. It can be Fifa, football manager, RPG, MMORPG. My favorite game to date has got to be DAOC. Rift was a good second until, I actually dont know what put me off. Not enough to do late level I guess?

Just got of GW2 with my Necromancer, loved it, spent ages on it, got uber equipped, very high end crafting, map completion, and decided to go pvp, and realised its so broke, I dont like this game anymore. I cant test my skills in pvp for obvious reasons.

I like the concept of Diablo 3 also, yet I have decided never to pay for blizzard again for reasons I dont see the point in getting into.

LoL was also good fun, thing is I got into getting serious on it, and every game I ended up getting one serious moron who just wastes your 45mn game, over and over again.

Eve is simply not my thing.

I really did enjoy DAOC for its solo aspect of instances. Also for its RvR/PvP, and housing was fun to boast off. I also really liked in Rift the end game dungons to gear up, all though it was easy to geta  group going thanks to dungon finder, it still took a fairly long amount of time. Plus rewards that you can exchange from grinding them, I think is top notch.

So yeah, I'm now bored, I love games, but the new ones dissapoint me with lack of end game content, or way too repetitive.

Any thoughts are welcome.

Regards to all

Comments

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    wait for Darkfall 2 or TESO?

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by odinswill

Good day to everyone!

Where to start...? Games is my thing. It can be Fifa, football manager, RPG, MMORPG. My favorite game to date has got to be DAOC. Rift was a good second until, I actually dont know what put me off. Not enough to do late level I guess?

Just got of GW2 with my Necromancer, loved it, spent ages on it, got uber equipped, very high end crafting, map completion, and decided to go pvp, and realised its so broke, I dont like this game anymore. I cant test my skills in pvp for obvious reasons.

I like the concept of Diablo 3 also, yet I have decided never to pay for blizzard again for reasons I dont see the point in getting into.

LoL was also good fun, thing is I got into getting serious on it, and every game I ended up getting one serious moron who just wastes your 45mn game, over and over again.

I really did enjoy DAOC for its solo aspect of instances. Also for its RvR/PvP, and housing was fun to boast off. I also really liked in Rift the end game dungons to gear up, all though it was easy to geta  group going thanks to dungon finder, it still took a fairly long amount of time. Plus rewards that you can exchange from grinding them, I think is top notch.

So yeah, I'm now bored, I love games, but the new ones dissapoint me with lack of end game content, or way too repetitive.

Regards to all

Give Borderlands 2 a shot.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    If you loved GW2 then keep your eye on it for new content as well.  Sounds like that is a big focus for them.
  • odinswillodinswill Member UncommonPosts: 11
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

Good day to everyone!

Regards to all

Give Borderlands 2 a shot.

I dont like the blood and guts or Army cliché games tbh...

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    If your not getting d3 due to some blizzard thing, but like that sort of game, get yourself Torchlight 2, its better anyway.

If you like daoc, did you play planetside? Because imo its the game that got what daoc pvp was about the best, planetside 2 should be a good game for you, unless you must have pve.
    Originally posted by bliss14
    If you loved GW2 then keep your eye on it for new content as well.  Sounds like that is a big focus for them.

The end game just hugely dissapointed me. Not sure if I wanna stick around getting rapped in PvP in GW2...And the fact you can only really play one build per class really really bothers me

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Originally posted by bliss14

The end game just hugely dissapointed me. Not sure if I wanna stick around getting rapped in PvP in GW2...And the fact you can only really play one build per class really really bothers me

The good thing is that you can go back if you see something you like whenever you want :)

There's way more than 1 build per class.

Two builds that make work for you with your necro.
    1 go for a freeze based build. Classes like warriors hate freeze
    2 go for a support build pumping out boons and heals

Most necro seem to go for condition damage build but it ain't the only build.
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    If your not getting d3 due to some blizzard thing, but like that sort of game, get yourself Torchlight 2, its better anyway.

If you like daoc, did you play planetside? Because imo its the game that got what daoc pvp was about the best, planetside 2 should be a good game for you, unless you must have pve.

Cant stand the gun cliché games...played one of em seriously you played them all. I dont find any unique in any way. I dont think its simply "my thing"

Oh 3rd one, but more for spvp than WvW, go for a tanky build, necro built that way are one of the hardest classes to dislodge from a control point.
    Planetside isn't really "gun cliche" its not like bloody cod or whatever.

The rules of planetside playvery simmilar to daoc rvr rules, although it is a fps not a rpg, its still a mmo.
  • MortoriousMortorious Member UncommonPosts: 166
    I will say try D3 now. I played today and new patch make big changes for casual and hardcore gamers.

Currently playing: Elder Scrolls Online
    MMORPG experiences:EQ2, AoC(pre f2p), Lotro,GW1,DDO, Aion,WoW( stop with wotlk),Allods, GW2
    Eu,War, Secret World

Waiting On: WoD Sometime Maybe: Elder Scrolls MMO, Might and Magic

• QuirhidQuirhid Member UncommonPosts: 6,230
    The new XCOM and Dishonored are worth checking out. Always an option.

I skate to where the puck is going to be, not where it has been -Wayne Gretzky

• PsyentistPsyentist Member UncommonPosts: 46

I have to second the Dishonored recommendation, I'm loving it only a few hours in.  The aestetics are incredible even though it feels a bit more linear(although it has free form mission tactics, think Splinter Cell or Metal Gear) than other Bethesda titles. Replay value is pretty high as well as you can specialize your upgrading to your particular focus.

On a budget?  Try C9 http://c9.webzen.com/main, its kind of a historical Shenmue meets Devil May Cry with rpg and crafting elements.  If all those references fail on you; its fun, cheap, and a little unique. I have tons of retail games installed on my rig, and somehow this freebie keeps nagging me to play a few runs.

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
         If single player games are OK then take a look at Legend of Grimrock......THey just added a new player editor where you can make your own levels now.....The game was a blast to start and now the sky is the limit.