Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I would play The Secret World.

I would play The Secret World if it had DC Universe controls.Using the controller to activate the power schemes would flow the same.

Comments

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    I think if they spend the time to fix the animation issues they would be much better off. Not sure how they went from AOC to TSW and didn't learn from their mistakes.
  • KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    my God, NO. DCUO combat is horrible. I have never hated combat in an mmo more than I did DCUO. I agree wholeheartedly that TSW combat could use lots of work, but DCUO style is not the way.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Kenze
    my God, NO. DCUO combat is horrible. I have never hated combat in an mmo more than I did DCUO. I agree wholeheartedly that TSW combat could use lots of work, but DCUO style is not the way.

Actually the combat system was the one good thing of DCUO

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    Originally posted by jayfeeler69

Actually, it wasn't.

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

Actually, it wasn't.

Well skill based pvp isnt for everyone.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

using a gampad requires less skill then a keyboard

• EscadaEscada Member Posts: 25
    I thought I heard in the latest podcast that one of the developers uses some trickery to use a console controller to play the game.. Dunno if that helps..
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

I hated dcuo because of it's UI and it's controls.  Also the combat use to give me headaches, it was always bam bam bam, swosh, and the stupid npc's always repeating stuff like "i thought bain was supposed to make me stronger". 

OMG dcuo was such a waisted effort, or at least for me.  

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

I used a gamepad in TSW almost the entire time I played, and I really enjoyed it. With a decent enough xpadder setup it's a great alternative; I even had mine setup to work with interface functions, so I didn't really use the mouse for anything.

I never tried it with pvp though, so I can imagine you'd possibly be at a disadvantage using the gamepad, depending on how you set it up. I loved it in pve though.

• XasapisXasapis Member RarePosts: 6,337

I can understand using analog controllers for games that need certain precision moving (car simulators, flight simulators etc.), but why would you need analog controls for anything but targetting (which mouse is a more precise choice for anything FPS)?

Only reason I can think of is being a primarily console player that has issues adjusting to the PC gaming peripherals. I guess I can sympathise with that, having the exact opposite problem.

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686

I loved the DCUO combat system... Espescially how they implemented wepon combos...  But then most people allready think GW2 combat is a bit to active...

But the idea of weapon based combats with 4 or 5 (instead of 2) buttons, and clickable skills really shines.

Personally i think TSW ruined combat with only 6 selectable skills. And making it feel really cluncky.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• ChtugaChtuga Member UncommonPosts: 116
    Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I loved the DCUO combat system... Espescially how they implemented wepon combos...  But then most people allready think GW2 combat is a bit to active... But the idea of weapon based combats with 4 or 5 (instead of 2) buttons, and clickable skills really shines. Personally i think TSW ruined combat with only 6 selectable skills. And making it feel really cluncky.

It is now 8 active skills, and you can completely change your skills whenever you are not in combat. That is total freedom for me. How many active skills do you really use each fight?

And gameplay is smooth and very beautifull
  • NikopolNikopol Member UncommonPosts: 626

Well, it's good for getting carpal tunnel! :P

Originally posted by Lord.Bachus

I loved the DCUO combat system... Espescially how they implemented wepon combos...  But then most people allready think GW2 combat is a bit to active...

But the idea of weapon based combats with 4 or 5 (instead of 2) buttons, and clickable skills really shines.

Personally i think TSW ruined combat with only 6 selectable skills. And making it feel really cluncky.

This is absolutely correct