Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Help I need an MMO to play!

MageickMageick Member UncommonPosts: 102

I need advice on an MMO to play. Recently I've picked up both GW2 and MoP and both arent really doing it for me...

I got to thinking about what I really missed about MMOs. Lately I've been feeling I've been logging onto single player worlds.

No more do I feel like I am entering a world where anything is possible and there is so much unknown and I can be whoever I feel like. I miss this, Like UO, or FFXI I miss the challenge of just being in an online world.

Anyone have any advice?

Comments

• SkullyWoodsSkullyWoods Member Posts: 183
    Take a break from gaming. Maybe when you get back things will be better, but I doubt it.

#TeamVainlash
    Why did Marceline's dad eat her fries? I mean...cause she bought them and they were hers...

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

You might want to look into Vanguard with the F2P offering from SOE.  From what I understand it's one of the few old school games that hasn't been converted into SP mode.

The F2P system took some heat for being overly restrictive, but it should give you a taste for the game to see if it's worth subscribing to get full access.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860

Ya, I also agree with Vanguard. It still brings out the "whats around the corner" sense of adventure. 

Still has many problems but it's fun!

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• delete5230delete5230 Member EpicPosts: 7,081

Ryzom !!!

This game should be for you. It's older, but WELL populated even if the forums here are inactive.  It's been a few months since I played it but it's free to level 250 of 500 ( I think this is right ).  If you like ' old school ' this is the game for you, because it's very hard.  Soon you will have to join a guild or make friends or you will not survive. The community actually comes to the starter zones to help players learn the game because it has a high learning curve, and it's recommended to not leave the starting area untill your level 30. 

Whats great about this REAL MMO is that it has no classes to start with and you make your own abaities. You can slowley become a tank or healer if you feel like.  Another cool thing is that it may lack in graphics but the mobs are very active and act the part, like a skunk will come up to you and piss on your foot. A bull will look at you then charge.

This game is the last of the old school.  For me all others had gone F2P and are screwed.

I guess you still have FF11 but that one is not my style at all.  DAOC zones are too small with some up dated graphics but the game itself needs some major up dating.

Real life has it's hold on me, and as much as I miss old school and making in game friends I dont have the time to play hard core.

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    I enjoy RIFT myself and it has the new xpac about to hit on Nov.13th (If you buy the xpac you get the original game for free) but if normal mmo's aren't doing it for u maybe try EVE? Its very different then WoW and GW2 :)

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• LienhartLienhart Member UncommonPosts: 662
    I live to go faster...or die trying.
  • EtherignisEtherignis Member UncommonPosts: 249
    I say try out rift, i have gw2 but havent played it in awhile all of attention been on rift.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Go different, try something more sandboxy, pvpy and guild based

Like perpetuum or the new darkfall when it launches.

You're probably just jaded from playing the same types of mmos.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    This is my plan now I'm leveled in gw2.

I still love the WvW, so I will do that weekends, but I can combine this with another game, so thinking of going back to eve or perpetuum, especially with the offline skilling.

Also looking at dfuw as on paper it sounds right up my street, the realtime combat of planetside, the politics of eve, the crafting of uo and the siege warfare of daoc. Just worried it will be either a buggy mess or a hackers paradise.