Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO you hate the most because of the fans

Comments

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    SWTOR fans are the worst imo they all are like Bagdad Bob.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• goblagobla Member UncommonPosts: 1,412

I'm a bit surprised about all the hate for EvE.

Don't get me wrong, EvE does indeed have a horrible community of bittervets, griefers, scammers, gankers etc. (although I'd be quick to remind anyone that there's also good people, perhaps even more so than any other MMO) but, unlike other games, that community is an integrated part of the game. EvE is a dark and ruthless universe, it's no idealised fairytale world like so many other MMOs feature. And that terrible part of the community brings that world uniquely alive. Unlike so many other games these people actually add something to the EvE universe.

As for which community is the worst? I've been away from the site for almost a year but back then it was, in my opinion, the overzealous part of the GW2 community. From reading this thread it seems like it still is.

We are the bunny.
    Resistance is futile.
    ''/\/\'''''/\/\''''''/\/\
    ( o.o) ( o.o) ( o.o)
    (")("),,(")("),(")(")

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by nsignific
    Originally posted by gordiflu

PVP in MMOs require virtually no skill whatsoever. 99% of the times the outcome of a fight is decided by these two factors:

1) Bigger zerg wins.

2) Higher gearscore wins.

People who say that usually lose a lot and blame it on anything BUT their inability to play (IT WAS LAG LOL - boy do I miss good old CS).

When I lose, I know exactly why and even if my opponent had better skill, I know if I did a couple of things different I'd still win.

Ganking higher level players (yes, it can be done) shines a blinding light of truth on this dark  LIE about pvp.

You got it wrong. I do lots of PVP. I actually do way more PVP than PVE. And I actually tend to do well. I just don't PVP in MMOs becouse it has to do a lot more with FOTMS builds, gear and zerging than actual skill.

You are entitled to your opinion, of course, but then I could also say that those who PVP in MMOs are the players who lack skill to do so in actual PVP games and make up for such lack of skill with grind endurance.

• just1opinionjust1opinion Member UncommonPosts: 4,641

RIFT, no question.  Hate the game and loathe the fans.  (I don't hate them on a personal level...I don't even know them personally. I simply hate their arrogant devotion to a game that, in my opinion, is utter rubbish.)

President of The Marvelously Meowhead Fan Club

• DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    Originally posted by Deivos

It does somewhat by intent or not.

Any parody of another can be seen as something done at the expense of the originating party. Even if I agree with you that it's humorous, it's considered mocking to parody such a person in what essentially amounts to public.

Saying so in that manner makes you derisive, not necessarily a fanatic or zealous. Just makes you appear to have less social control than you might actually have.

Granted this is the internet and most people seem to take that to mean they don't need any social conduct.

So you don't find any qualities in Satire? the people that satirise are just as bad as the people they parody? 

Not often, no. While I don't take everything people say literally, I tend to act more literal myself. 

Like I said, It's acknowledging the case that it's comedy at the expense of another to do such a thing.

It's not a matter of if I like it or not. It's the context in which it is given and the target audience to whom it is given.

When done in public to an indirect audience, you don't know who will be on the receiving end of the joke or how they will perceive your behavior. It can range anywhere from passive to downright racist and insulting if you don't consider your words.

Generally satire and parody is better put to use in a controlled context where you can know, or at least trust, that people are generally of a similar and not conflicting mind about the subject given. Or at the very least you know they can take a joke.

An open forum that's commonly populated by people flaming one another about which game is better? Probably not the right place to parody one group or another, because it's more than likely someone won't take it as just a joke.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• sumfoolsumfool Member UncommonPosts: 13

i hate microvolts just because its full of little geeks that cry everytime they die 

good game IF it wasent full of fk tards 

worst lil bizznatches i seen on the web ever period in that game .

• JackFrostyJackFrosty Member Posts: 103
    Definately GW2 fans hands down.

When I wake up, the real nightmare begins

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294
    All of them.
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by gobla

I'm a bit surprised about all the hate for EvE.

Don't get me wrong, EvE does indeed have a horrible community of bittervets, griefers, scammers, gankers etc. (although I'd be quick to remind anyone that there's also good people, perhaps even more so than any other MMO) but, unlike other games, that community is an integrated part of the game. EvE is a dark and ruthless universe, it's no idealised fairytale world like so many other MMOs feature. And that terrible part of the community brings that world uniquely alive. Unlike so many other games these people actually add something to the EvE universe.

As for which community is the worst? I've been away from the site for almost a year but back then it was, in my opinion, the overzealous part of the GW2 community. From reading this thread it seems like it still is.

The default mode for many if looking for something to hate is just to pick a game with pvp in it, any will do.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297
    Originally posted by Kyleran
    EVE  of course, because its fans without a doubt are the biggest bunch of insufferable, know it all arses to ever grace the gaming world.  image

As my dad likes to say "Arrogant is just a word used by stupid people to describe those who are better than them."

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• BizkitNLBizkitNL Member RarePosts: 2,546
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    EVE  of course, because its fans without a doubt are the biggest bunch of insufferable, know it all arses to ever grace the gaming world.  image

As my dad likes to say "Arrogant is just a word used by stupid people to describe those who are better than them."

You don't have to be better than someone to be arrogant. That's the funny thing about it.

• DSWBeefDSWBeef Member UncommonPosts: 789
    WoW and GW2. Wow due to the sheer level of immaturity. GW2 due to the blind hatred they will spew at people.

Playing: FFXIV, DnL, and World of Warships
    Waiting on: Ashes of Creation

I'd like to suggest that peoples' answer to this question is most likely something that will change relating to whatever is the most recently released MMO and has received the most recent hate threads.  If you'd asked the question when SWTOR was first released people would be saying they hate SWTOR fans most.  Same same all the way back through time and as long as there have been forums for trolls, haters, and fanbois.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

Definately EQNext fans, hands down.

What?  Too soon?

I'd like to suggest that peoples' answer to this question is most likely something that will change relating to whatever is the most recently released MMO and has received the most recent hate threads.

No, Really? Heh.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

Originally posted by Icewhite

What?  Too soon?

I'd like to suggest that peoples' answer to this question is most likely something that will change relating to whatever is the most recently released MMO and has received the most recent hate threads.

No, Really? Heh.

Well at least ONE person sees the ridiculous nature of the thread question.  EQNext....yeah....good one.

• KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,435
    Originally posted by just1opinion
    Originally posted by Icewhite

What?  Too soon?

No, Really? Heh.

Well at least ONE person sees the ridiculous nature of the thread question.  EQNext....yeah....good one.

No worse than those rabid TESO anti-fans who hate the game with a passion already.....

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

No worse than those rabid TESO anti-fans who hate the game with a passion already.....

Remember how fast the back-pedaling was following that first press release? Chuckle.

Sorry, part of the silliness of the fan-flockery I enjoy the most, all the speculation instantly following Marketing Press Releases of any variety.

Tomorrow should be a good day to be a Prophet of Doom.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• Zipp_23Zipp_23 Member Posts: 25
    Originally posted by ZigZags

GW2 by far. Its like the people who were hailing SWTOR as the best thing ever finally found something else that sucks to try and hype up.

agree.... it feels almost like - say something bad about GW2...next week your found dead in your bathtub

• Random_mageRandom_mage Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    Darkfall fanbois, and fanbois really.. They all ruin the games community

Currently playing Real Life..

http://i36.tinypic.com/2uyod3k.gif

For all your stalking needs..
    http://www.plurk.com/Random_

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by Zipp_23
    Originally posted by ZigZags

GW2 by far. Its like the people who were hailing SWTOR as the best thing ever finally found something else that sucks to try and hype up.

agree.... it feels almost like - say something bad about GW2...next week your found dead in your bathtub

Hahaha...nice one ;lol

• KreetureKreeture Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Originally posted by BizkitNL

You don't have to be better than someone to be arrogant. That's the funny thing about it.

sounds like he is a liitle "better " himself ~image

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    Originally posted by just1opinion

I'd like to suggest that peoples' answer to this question is most likely something that will change relating to whatever is the most recently released MMO and has received the most recent hate threads.  If you'd asked the question when SWTOR was first released people would be saying they hate SWTOR fans most.  Same same all the way back through time and as long as there have been forums for trolls, haters, and fanbois.

well WoW fans will remain in history, not cause they are fans about their game, but cause they demand every other game to be like WoW ...

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

The problem with arrogant people is that they think everyone is stupid.

• LoLifeLoLife Member CommonPosts: 174
    I hate rabid fanbois in general.
  • BathnorBathnor Member UncommonPosts: 137
    The game I hate because of the fans? That's an easy one, Runescape. Game is full of immature scammers.
This discussion has been closed.