Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

C cp is cheap with expansions

2»

Comments

• sketocafesketocafe Member UncommonPosts: 950
    You didn't really just say that the graphics are the same as before did you? Even if you weren't playing before the entire graphics engine was revamped, CCP has been redoing shaders on ships as an ongoing process for the last few xpacs.
  • ElsaboltsElsabolts Member RarePosts: 3,476

Did I hear someone wisper? F2P with item shops in the future.

" Life Liberty and the Pursuit of Those Who  Would Threaten It "
                                            MAGA
  • YamotaYamota Member UncommonPosts: 6,593

I am also dissapointed by their "expansions". I would not mind paying for a proper expansion, one that does something big like rehauls the terrible UI or adds positional combat.

My guess is that their engine does not support these big things *shrug*

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Yamota

I am also dissapointed by their "expansions". I would not mind paying for a proper expansion, one that does something big like rehauls the terrible UI or adds positional combat.

My guess is that their engine does not support these big things *shrug*

Thats my biggest gripe with the game as well. As great as the game is overall, I would love to see it redone with a more intuitive UI and slightly different playstyle. Rather than being all menu clicking, etc give use something more along the lines of a flight sim as far as controlling your ship and combat goes.

Make it a bit more like Freelancer, but still keep it EVE, if that makes sense.

Its an awesome game, but it also gets kind of boring and tedious after awhile. Making it more "actiony" I think would keep it pretty fresh and fun.

• YalexyYalexy Member UncommonPosts: 1,058

CCP provides two free of charge expansions every year for the last nine years. Some are smaller, some are really big.
    Nothing to be mad about really and I would hope for more developers releasing expansions this often.

I'm hoping that they fix the damn sov-system and make 0.0 into a more dynamic space again, but I guess this won't happen anytime soon, so I'm staying away since I've allready had my fair share of 7 years of enjoyment with EvE.

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by Rayshe
    The expansions are small because your not paying for them. 

Really? what's that sub fee every month?

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Nitth

Originally posted by Rayshe
    The expansions are small because your not paying for them. 

Really? what's that sub fee every month?

Whats your sub fee in WoW? Then what do you pay per expansion?

You have a sub fee in EVE, you dont have to purchase expansions.

See the difference? The GAME is not free. The expansion is.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760
    Originally posted by Malcanis
    Originally posted by Hazelle

The recent changes they are making and have made improve the quality of life of the players subscribed to the game.

I'm interested in retrubution changes which were badly needed and the change that they are making towards PvE which will supposidely do away with fitting a ship for PvE specific content.

Those changes alone radically change the game as far as empire space goes.  Unfortunately CCPs plan is to herd players into null sec so this next expansion is a total waste of time, money, and resources.

You were doing really well in that post up until the last sentence when you suddenly went all :tinfoil:

Still, if that's what you're most worried about, you should vote for me for CSM8.

Here's why: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=26049

Summary: I believe that CCP should stop trying to pretend that hi-sec is just a starter area, and it shouldn't be the goal to "herd" players into lo-sec or 0.0 (although certainly lo-sec and 0.0 both need plenty of work to make them more attractive). Hi-sec is primarily populated by "convenience-orientated" players, and CCP should look to introduce high-end, high-risk, high-reward gameplay into an environment which suits people who don't have the time or the inclination to deal with the overhead of 0.0 life.

Which is where the faction system should of come into play.

You flag yourself to a faction and then do an activity at a higher risk for a higher reward.

SWG the same sort of flagging system and it was somewhat successful even with SWG's fairly worthless reward system.

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Hi-sec is primarily populated by "convenience-orientated" players, and CCP should look to introduce high-end, high-risk, high-reward gameplay into an environment which suits people who don't have the time or the inclination to deal with the overhead of 0.0 life.

Yeah, because those people live in high sec and are being called "convenience-oriented" because high risk game play is what they are after...

• sadeyxsadeyx Member UncommonPosts: 1,555

I would not mind paying for a proper expansion, one that does something big like rehauls the terrible UI or adds positional combat.

But you cant do that on an mmo where everyone shares the same universe.

The technology involved is so much different to typical mmo technology that you cant simply 'over haul' something in one go.

They tried to do that before and it just breaks.   The way they do it now may mean smaller bites more regularly but long gone are the days of waiting 3 months after an expansion for it to be fixed.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

The recent changes they are making and have made improve the quality of life of the players subscribed to the game.

I'm interested in retrubution changes which were badly needed and the change that they are making towards PvE which will supposidely do away with fitting a ship for PvE specific content.

Those changes alone radically change the game as far as empire space goes.  Unfortunately CCPs plan is to herd players into null sec so this next expansion is a total waste of time, money, and resources.

You were doing really well in that post up until the last sentence when you suddenly went all :tinfoil:

Still, if that's what you're most worried about, you should vote for me for CSM8.

Here's why: https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=26049

Summary: I believe that CCP should stop trying to pretend that hi-sec is just a starter area, and it shouldn't be the goal to "herd" players into lo-sec or 0.0 (although certainly lo-sec and 0.0 both need plenty of work to make them more attractive). Hi-sec is primarily populated by "convenience-orientated" players, and CCP should look to introduce high-end, high-risk, high-reward gameplay into an environment which suits people who don't have the time or the inclination to deal with the overhead of 0.0 life.

Which is where the faction system should of come into play.

You flag yourself to a faction and then do an activity at a higher risk for a higher reward.

SWG the same sort of flagging system and it was somewhat successful even with SWG's fairly worthless reward system.

That's one example of the way that the principle could be implemented, and it gets discussed later in the thread if you care to read through it (you should, there's lots of good stuff in there)

Give me liberty or give me lasers

Originally posted by Gdemami

Hi-sec is primarily populated by "convenience-orientated" players, and CCP should look to introduce high-end, high-risk, high-reward gameplay into an environment which suits people who don't have the time or the inclination to deal with the overhead of 0.0 life.

Yeah, because those people live in high sec and are being called "convenience-oriented" because high risk game play is what they are after...

I mostly operate in 0.0 (Catch right now) and W-space. But I still keep a trader alt in Jita because it's so damb convenient. Not because I'm worried about her safety.

Read the manifesto; it might not say what you think it says.

Originally posted by sadeyx

I would not mind paying for a proper expansion, one that does something big like rehauls the terrible UI or adds positional combat.

But you cant do that on an mmo where everyone shares the same universe.

The technology involved is so much different to typical mmo technology that you cant simply 'over haul' something in one go.

They tried to do that before and it just breaks.   The way they do it now may mean smaller bites more regularly but long gone are the days of waiting 3 months after an expansion for it to be fixed.

Incarna/Wis (call it what you will) could easily be packaged as an optional, paid expansion. In fact it could be spun off as a seperate B2P/item shop supported game and might be all the better for it.

• UhwopUhwop Member UncommonPosts: 1,791

Retribution is shaping up to be a pretty good expansion. 

NEW frigate

NEW destroyers

NEW bounty system.  Ok, yes, it's replacing the OLD bounty system, but the new one sounds like people will actually be able to use it easier. 

NEW flagging system.  As with the bounty system it's obviously replacing an old system.  However, it should actaully create more pvp in high sec, and make high sec pvp a worthwhile activity. 

NEW items being added to the game.  Not really sure exactly what they are, but the last patch said something about having them seeded already, you just can't buy them yet. 

Four of the current frigates are getting repurposed into a NEW role of logistics.  Which will mean that those four frigates will actually be in demand now, as well as small logistics modules. 

No, they aren't that big and it has been awhile sinse we've got an expansion that actually added any really new content to the game.  However, I haven't had to pay extra for an expansion in the 6+ years I've played EVE; so that's fine with me. 

I would like to see some truelly new content get into the game though.  WiS, Station exploration, orbital bombardment, ring mining, new modular PoS's.  All things we should see in future expansions over the next couple of years. 

PS:  I don't think it would be fair to compare the way EVE receives content to something like rift.  A game like Rift can get a lot of new content pretty quickly because all of the content is structured.  It's not that hard to create a new dungeon with scripted events, or a new battleground.  EVE is quite different and it can't be as easy to develop content for such a huge sandbox that doesn't break it or devalue the emergent gameplay that CCP is dedicated to. 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Originally posted by Uhwop

Four of the current frigates are getting repurposed into a NEW role of logistics.  Which will mean that those four frigates will actually be in demand now, as well as small logistics modules. 

Wrong.

Just because ships will have NEW role or there are NEW ships or modules does to mean they will be in demand.

This is a part of the problem, just because CCP touch something does not mean it will be awesome, good or just even working as expected.

CCP fails...