Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO you hate the most because of the fans

Comments

• NeherunNeherun Member UncommonPosts: 280

Typically the carebears of any MMORPG, who fail to see any other sides to MMORPG gaming, and everything else than their safe PvE questing experience is bad.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by JackFrosty

GW2 fans by far.

If you criticize anything they start yelling bloody murder in blind zealot defense.

Sorry, but I find this hilarious coming from someone who out of 27 posts, 20 of them are trolling GW2 threads. You spend the majority of your time on this forum doing nothing but hating on GW2. Talk about zealotry.

Meanwhile, you praise Rift and Trion with complete adoration and fanboism, repeating the same mantra in your posts about them:

"RIFT is the best MMO I have ever played, and I've tried a lot of them. TRION pushes out content so fast you literally never have time to be bored, and it's QUALITY content. Absolutely amazing stuff.

The amount of stuff they are bringing out in their expansion is more content then most games LAUNCH with. They are tripling the world size just for starters.

Absolutely amazing game and the first 20 levels are free so why not give it a shot :)  The only thing you'll miss is Panda's or wandering around maps being bored collecting pies for Centaurs."

and

"RIFT is the first mmo where they release content so fast (and good) that I literally haven't had time to get bored in a year straight of playing :)

This xpac looks like the next year of my life is another write-off :D lol"

• gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

GW2 fans by far.

If you criticize anything they start yelling bloody murder in blind zealot defense.

Sorry, but I find this hilarious coming from someone who out of 27 posts, 20 of them are trolling GW2 threads. You spend the majority of your time on this forum doing nothing but hating on GW2. Talk about zealotry.

Meanwhile, you praise Rift and Trion with complete adoration and fanboism:

"RIFT is the best MMO I have ever played, and I've tried a lot of them. TRION pushes out content so fast you literally never have time to be bored, and it's QUALITY content. Absolutely amazing stuff.

The amount of stuff they are bringing out in their expansion is more content then most games LAUNCH with. They are tripling the world size just for starters.

Absolutely amazing game and the first 20 levels are free so why not give it a shot :)  The only thing you'll miss is Panda's or wandering around maps being bored collecting pies for Centaurs."

Given the insane "GW2 is the second coming of the Messiah" spam that you GW2 fanbois provide, if I choose any random 30 posts I am pretty sure than more than 20 are going to be on the GW2 section. Your point is invalid. You don't have to look for the GW2 posts. They are literally flooding the whole site.

The proof of GW2's insane and out of proportion fanboism is you checking 27 posts of a guy just to be able to use the old "according to your post history" argument (which in this case actually proves absolutely nothing given the circumstances I mentioned).

• VaultarVaultar Member Posts: 339

So unsurprising that many posts name gw2. I think gw2 fanatics on this site had a big role to play here.

ingame however, I only had positive experience with players in gw2. Mostly mature, friendly and helpful. At least that's how it is on Sea Of Sorrow server :P.

Looking forward to EQL and EQN.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by Myria
    Originally posted by AdamTM

EVE, and everything around EVE.

Even the developers are unbearable.

I was kind of stunned to see that even the CCP devs troll their own forum, let alone the players.

I'm always kind of bemused to see WoW come up on everyone's "worst community" list. Compared to AoC -- pretty much the worst in-game community I've ever seen -- and Eve -- easily the worst forum community I've watched, and not a ton better in-game -- there's just no comparison. Can't say as I 'hate' either game, in AoC I got a PoM to 80 before getting bored, had a decent enough time doing it, and I play Eve for a month or so a few times a year just to remind myself of why I don't play it regularly, but they're both games where avoiding the 'community' and forum is best for one's sanity.

Not that I haven't seen better than WoW as well -- Fallen Earth had a really nice community (outside of the forums, which were always dominated by "forum DT" stupidity, even before 'DT' was added to the game), when it still had enough players for there to be anything one could call a community, for instance, and WAR, shockingly for a PvP-focused game, had a great community when I played it -- but it's so far from being the worst that I have to wonder if people who think it is have played very many MMOs. Or, for that matter, know anything about WoW other than it's "cool" to rag on it.

Uh-hu. That depends upon what we talk about here.

Ingame, the community of AoC and EVE might be awful, but thats nothing a person who doesnt play the game will ever mention. In the same way, AoC and EVE forums might be awful, but since I dont visit those, I dont mention that either.

WoW fans however, back in the days, have been so full of themselves that they kept posting on general boards how superior their game is.

For example, I dont remember any AoC or Aion fan ever claiming that everything their MMO does, was invented by the respective company.

To my best knowledge, WoW invented nothing relevant - all original WoW inventions I know about are either purely cosmetic or downright a bad idea - and yet fans kept claiming that pretty much any element they found in WoW was invented by Blizzard.

Originally posted by gordiflu

GW2 fans by far.

Meanwhile, you praise Rift and Trion with complete adoration and fanboism:

Given the insane "GW2 is the second coming of the Messiah" spam that you GW2 fanbois provide, if I choose any random 30 posts I am pretty sure than more than 20 are going to be on the GW2 section. Your point is invalid. You don't have to look for the GW2 posts. They are literally flooding the whole site.

The proof of GW2's insane and out of proportion fanboism is you checking 27 posts of a guy just to be able to use the old "according to your post history" argument (which in this case actually proves absolutely nothing given the circumstances I mentioned).

I havent played GW2 in about 2 weeks. I also dont claim it to be some sort of savior to MMOs, etc. I even voted on a currently going poll (regarding best game since 2005) that GW2 is NOT the best one. God Im, such a hardcore fanboi.

Pointing out someones clear bias and hatred of a game (when anytime you see someone post, they say pretty much the exact same thing) does not make someone a fanboi of that game. Just calling it as I see it.

Try harder please.

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085

I havent played GW2 in about 2 weeks. I also dont claim it to be some sort of savior to MMOs, etc. I even voted on a currently going poll (regarding best game since 2005) that GW2 is NOT the best one. God Im, such a hardcore fanboi.

You EVEN ?

Hu.

Originally posted by Neherun

Typically the carebears of any MMORPG, who fail to see any other sides to MMORPG gaming, and everything else than their safe PvE questing experience is bad.

As a "PVE" carebear, I have to say this finally.

I am sick of all those "PVP hardcore" macho macho men, and I ll tell you why.

PVP in MMOs require virtually no skill whatsoever. 99% of the times the outcome of a fight is decided by these two factors:

1) Bigger zerg wins.

2) Higher gearscore wins.

And this is it, period. The more time invested grinding the better your gear the higher your chance to win. This has NOTHING to do with skill. Talk about skill in games like Starcraft, CoD or similar, but MMOs? Cut that crap, really.

I know many PVE players that are way way way more hardcore than all those PVP wannabes asking for full loot open world PVP so they can gank lowbyes and sneak out whenever a fair match comes up.

PVP in MMOs require virtually no skill whatsoever. 99% of the times the outcome of a fight is decided by these two factors:

1) Bigger zerg wins.

And this is it, period. The more time invested grinding the better your gear the higher your chance to win. This has NOTHING to do with skill. Talk about skill in games like Starcraft, CoD or similar, but MMOs? Cut that crap, really.

I know many PVE players that are way way way more hardcore than all those PVP wannabes asking for full loot open world PVP so they can gank lowbyes and sneak out whenever a fair match comes up.

I agree that in many MMOs, gear > skill. But I also consider games that allow players to completely crutch on gear complete trash and usually avoid them.

But even in those types of games, when you're talking "endgame" PvP, where everyone is maxed out and in top end gear, skill wins. Obviously ganking someone half your level in crap gear doesnt take skill. But the PvErs act like thats the only thing that ever happens in PvP and nobody ever in the history of PvP has fought people they were equal to. The PvPers are usually talking about competing vs people on the same level as them.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Originally posted by Deivos
    Originally posted by Foomerang

I was giving an example of what i meant by over zealous. That makes me over zealous now? Haha. Well, i apologize if anyone took personal offense . Figured this was a pretty silly thread so i made a silly post. But there are people on these forums who act that way, and i do find those types of posts funny. Saying so makes me one of them? Thats a new one hehe.

It does somewhat by intent or not.

Any parody of another can be seen as something done at the expense of the originating party. Even if I agree with you that it's humorous, it's considered mocking to parody such a person in what essentially amounts to public.

Saying so in that manner makes you derisive, not necessarily a fanatic or zealous. Just makes you appear to have less social control than you might actually have.

Granted this is the internet and most people seem to take that to mean they don't need any social conduct.

So you don't find any qualities in Satire? the people that satirise are just as bad as the people they parody? 

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

1) Bigger zerg wins.

I agree that in many MMOs, gear > skill. But I also consider games that allow players to completely crutch on gear complete trash and usually avoid them.

But even in those types of games, when you're talking "endgame" PvP, where everyone is maxed out and in top end gear, skill wins. Obviously ganking someone half your level in crap gear doesnt take skill. But the PvErs act like thats the only thing that ever happens in PvP and nobody ever in the history of PvP has fought people they were equal to. The PvPers are usually talking about competing vs people on the same level as them.

In High-end PVP, most of the times it's all about the current FOTM build, and you see all those "hardcore" PVPers rolling new classes on every patch, according to what has been nerfed and what boosted.

Answering the highlighted part, I do tons of PVP, in other types of games, and I am always fighting oponents that are on an even ground. What you mention is what happens in MMOs, and the reason for MMO PVPing having almost nothing to do with skill.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641

GW2 fans by far.

Meanwhile, you praise Rift and Trion with complete adoration and fanboism, repeating the same mantra in your posts about them:

and

"RIFT is the first mmo where they release content so fast (and good) that I literally haven't had time to get bored in a year straight of playing :)

Again proving why GW2 fans are top of the insufferable list.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by Hrimnir
    Originally posted by Starpower

I'm sorry I'm not that irrational

Hating something because a certain group of people likes it, is just that. Irrational not to mention stupid

So it would be irrational to hate bigotry because you witnessed a bunch of KKK members being bigots?  explain to me how thats irrational, and stupid, as you say.

That has to be the worst analogy I have ever seen on these boards. I don't even want to know how you came to the conclusion those two things were comparable

Hating something because a certain group of people likes it, is just that. Irrational not to mention stupid

So it would be irrational to hate bigotry because you witnessed a bunch of KKK members being bigots?  explain to me how thats irrational, and stupid, as you say.

That has to be the worst analogy I have ever seen on these boards. I don't even want to know how you came to the conclusion those two things were comparable

However, hating it becouse those who love it hate those who don't seems quite natural to me.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

However, hating it becouse those who love it hate those who don't seems quite natural to me.

Of course. You are irrational but don't worry you are in good company. This happens all the time specially in the music industry. Bands are frequently hated because of the fans who listen to them.

Originally posted by Calerxes

GW2 fans by far.

and

Again proving why GW2 fans are top of the insufferable list.

Explain something. Where exactly in anything that I posted did I defend, praise, or otherwise "fan" GW2 in any form?

Clearly the entire concept of hypocrisy, which is what I posted about, is over your head.

Your own post is yet another prime example. Anyone who so much as mentions the name GW2 and in the same post doesnt  talk about how bad it is, is automatically labeled a "fan". 

Did I have fun playing it for awhile? Yes

Does it have its faults, and have I discussed them and pointed them out as well? Yes

Do I play it anymore? No

Fan - noun - An ardent devotee; an enthusiast.

Of course. You are irrational but don't worry you are in good company. This happens all the time specially in the music industry. Bands are frequently hated because of the fans who listen to them.

I don't think I am beeing irrational. The natural reactions to hate are fighting back or evading it.

Let's check this scenario:

- Game X is going to be a revolution becouse etc etc etc.

- I don't think so, becouse this and that.

- Then you are just a troll and blah blah blah.

What rational reaction do you expect now? Who started beeing irational?

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    Originally posted by ZigZags
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    While I am not a fan of the average WoW fan they are still a step above the MMORPG.com forums posting crowd.  IF this site was an MMO or better yet if everyone on these forums played the same MMO, it would easily have the worst community of all time, I would even say it would make Barrens Chat look like Sunday Church.

Disagree.  These forums have a lot of intelligent verbatim and respectable posters.  I have left a lot of mmo's behind where the forum community was poorly moderated and filled to capacity with trolls, trolls, trolls, trolls, trolls, trolls, and more trolls.    

So it's not really the fans but the ....

...that ruin games for me.

I'm happy the fans are excited for the game they're playing.  

That's sucha  cop out excuse. Trolls don't ruin games. Bad games ruin games. You and others need to hold game companies accountable for their fail projects and stop blindly throwing your money behind them. Its suckers like you and 80% of the others on this site that hype up games they've never tried from companies with questionable histories. You people are the reason bad games are created. Because they can make a pile of crap, put some window dressing on it and you'll buy it and help them profit so they can move on to the next pile of dung they're going to sell you and your friends. Wake up dude.

Spot on with your response zig.  However, one thing i've learned over the years is that not everybody places value on the same qualities.  In this instance, some people may achieve enjoyment and happiness from inferior, flawed games, but if they have that nice, niche group of friends, they will turn a blind eye.

I see it time and time again amongst the players in the free to play mmorpgs.  They spend hundreds and sometimes thousands of dollars a month on these terrible, 3rd rate korean grinders - but they enjoy every minute of it because they have become a staple in their online community.

But yes, I will say, trolls do not ruin a game.

• cowheadcowhead Member UncommonPosts: 94
    The MMO I hate the worse? Why, MMORPG.com, of course. Is there any other choice? :P
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

1) Bigger zerg wins.

Jaded.  To the max.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by TheHavok

Jaded.  To the max.

The only place to chest-thump the inherent superiority of your Favorite Brand™ over the clear inferiority of the other guy's is on a forum. :shrug:

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

1) Bigger zerg wins.

People who say that usually lose a lot and blame it on anything BUT their inability to play (IT WAS LAG LOL - boy do I miss good old CS).

When I lose, I know exactly why and even if my opponent had better skill, I know if I did a couple of things different I'd still win.

Ganking higher level players (yes, it can be done) shines a blinding light of truth on this dark  LIE about pvp.

• AutemOxAutemOx Member Posts: 1,704

Wow has my least fav playerbase.

SWG probably has the best, it was really the only game I've played where I built something akin to real friendship.

Some playerbases are just sad/pathetic...  Especially pre-release.  I feel bad for all those games that have an excited oblivious fanbase and we have to watch as the game fades into vapourware or is released to a lack-luster excitement and withers away until shutdown.  I have seen that happen to so many MMOs now and the fanbase doesn't seem to get a clue.  My only guess is that they are a fresh new batch of people each time.  It would be disturbing if there were a lot of repeat customers being disappointed.

Well...  I have fawned over games to see them cancelled or turn to shit myself a few times now, I suppose.  I was a huge fan of WoW and PotBS until the games were actually released and I realized they sucked.  I was super excited about Dragon Empires and didn't have a clue that programming for it had barely even started when it was cancelled.  I would bring up SWG here but I feel like I got to thoroughly enjoy it before it was ruined, so I won't complain.  :D

Play as your fav retro characters: cnd-online.net. My site: www.lysle.net. Blog: creatingaworld.blogspot.com.

• YukmarcYukmarc Member UncommonPosts: 165
    Originally posted by DavisFlight
    Originally posted by Lienhart

Mine: Dark Age of Camelot

I tried playing it years back (before WoW came out). Hated it for it's inferior graphics and lack of direction.

But... DAoC's graphics were top of the industry back then. I.. don't understand.

Anyway, my answer is WoW. Simply because they assume that WoW is the only thing that ever existed and the only thing that should exist. They also like to pretend that WoW was hardcore and not a casual game.

OP probably played the DAOC "Free trial" which let people play the origional game only back then.. with the origional graphics, not the nice updated graphics that we enjoyed. I believe that DAOC had updated the graphics twice by the time WoW came out.

Anyways, it's WoW for me too. Mainly because you couldn't ask a simple question in chat without hearing things like "RTFM!" and such nonsense like that. Nobody really willing to help.

• loulakiloulaki Member UncommonPosts: 944
    by far WoWs cause they go at other games and demand them to become like WoW ...

This discussion has been closed.