Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

100% guarantee this will be worth playing

skellyninjaskellyninja Member UncommonPosts: 5

Darkfall 1.0 at launch was one of my top gaming experiences. I'm not talking day 1, or even week 1, but the first couple months.

I almost quit after a few days. It was cumbersome and seemed like a massive waste of time trying to get geared. Starting out sucked, even with Ultima and early EQ PVP loot server experience. I ended up playing Darkfall on and off for the years. I would haev been a dedicated player if it wasn't for the lack of updates and dwindling community, the game was solid even as it was... just stale for old players and not accessible for new players.

With the new launch it starts over again. Even if nothing changed it would be a rewarding and engaging gaming experience. I don't have strong faith in AV's updates or ability to keep the game alive, but I am definitely in for the first few months and I expect to have great time. Can't wait for this.

I can't even consider any other games on the horizon. The golden era of MMO's is definitely long over, but this game gives players and communities a chance to grow with the game and create something, not just watch something happen while trading their time for gear and character statistical status.

If you didnt play Darkfall, play  the relaunch and dont give up your first week. It's supposed to be easier now to start out, who knows. But it's hard at first and then it gets very easy and natural. Some days are more relaxing and some days are intense. It's a worthwhile gaming experience.

Comments

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574

I can 100% guarentee you this wont be worth playing.

From a PvE or Casual perspective.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Open world pvp game ususally (or almost always) =garbage, all I can say, its not worth playing unless you like dealing with greifing assholes 24/7, now if all the open pvp was restricted to one zone like dark age of camelot and if they got rid of the full looting, and also made the pvp worth bothering with, maybe then the game will be worth trying, but as it currently is, I just write it off as another piece of shit open world pvp crapfest. I like pvp but I don't care for full looting, or being able to be greifed 24/7 by people I have no chance to even defend myself against, but if getting griefed all day by people 5 times your char level is fun, by all means play any open world pvp game.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Hey skellyninja if the game isn't worth playing to me can you paypal me the cost of the game?  Since, you know, you've put a guarantee on it.

tia

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    I'd love to see AC recreated as well, I've never played it but hear nothing but good things, but its not going to happen till this wow-clone bullshit stops, which I don't see it happening till wow suddendly stops being popular.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• ShaddyDaddyShaddyDaddy Member UncommonPosts: 192
    I 100% guarantee that if you spell guarantee correctly, I'll take you seriously.
  • WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137
    Originally posted by shaddy33
    I 100% guarantee that if you spell guarantee correctly, I'll take you seriously.

^^^ This!!!!

• skellyninjaskellyninja Member UncommonPosts: 5

I'm speaking to people who are interested in the game.

If you already hate it, go away. I would be happy to see you modern-era type trolls join Darkfall as well, but I doubt you would last.

• MurdusMurdus Member UncommonPosts: 698

I won't guarantee anything.

This game will be fun if you like FPS MMO PvP with full loot. It's designed for people who like that.

If you have no experience with this type of game, give it a try after thoroughly investigating the many fan-made videos that will be released when the game is released.

If you don't like what you see, you probably won't want to the buy the game or try it because you're not ten years old and you know better.

Darkfall refurbished after a 4 year beta test, with a lot of community input. I'm really excited for this.

The best part of this whole situation is the wipe. Without the wipe, this relaunch would not be possible.

This is a community in which witnessing the first few months will be engrained in your gaming memory as good, bad, exciting, depressing, but most of all: ENGAGING.

It will be a hostile and personal environment with a mad race for power.

And I can't wait.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

I am sure I will enjoy the game.  I would never call myself a hardcore pvper before playing DF1 or even now... but the game was definitely fun.

I don't think it would be the same with restricted pvp and without full loot.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919
    Originally posted by skellyninja

If you already hate it, go away. I would be happy to see you modern-era type trolls join Darkfall as well, but I doubt you would last.

I 100% guarantee I would play it if it was worth my time.  I've played it already though, and a patch isn't enough for me to spend money.

• skellyninjaskellyninja Member UncommonPosts: 5
    This is a community in which witnessing the first few months will be engrained in your gaming memory as good, bad, exciting, depressing, but most of all: ENGAGING.

And I can't wait.

Well put. I had plenty of enemies in Darkfall, and many became friends even a year later. It's the nature of the game. 

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Just read about the events of World War 1 in DF... to me it is the main reason I want to play DF again. I was apart of it and it was the best time I have had on an MMORPG since I quit Everquest.

Whether you were on the winning or losing side... think about all the people who took part in fighting together (numerous alliances) .  Had something it it for many.  I would never Roleplay but... for you roleplayers out there many people did that.  They named themselves according to their roles etc.  They acted as their leaders were kings etc...

PvPers I know nobody here really needs to be convinced... either you like the game or your are disappointed from the first 1 being used as a 4yr beta.

PvE there is still so much to do in the game to develop your character.  Of course you will have to get use to the PvP around it.

Crafting.. not sure how the new system is but they supposedly updated it  making the design of what you make effect its use.

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

Let's hope the re-boot actually gets back to meaningful gaming.

However this is not UO.......

I totally doubt todays mindset of the WOW-ified players can really grasp the concept.

• StofftierStofftier Member Posts: 93
    Giving 100% gurantee status when you know its av you talking about is abit too much over the top .But everyone has wishes difference i dont spam a forum with them :O
  • waterwizardwaterwizard Member Posts: 33

I'd play it if I liked its face, but I don't. I don't play games like Oblivion or Skyrim and I didn't like the older games of that nature like Hexen 2. I like top down isometric. At least over the shoulder. If I wanted an fps I'd play one.

And yeah I played a bit of Darkfall 1. Eh. Some good, but I can't get used to that style of game.

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Zylaxx

Oh noes!!! Thats like the fat chicks not showing up!

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by kadepsyson
    Originally posted by skellyninja

I 100% guarantee I would play it if it was worth my time.  I've played it already though, and a patch isn't enough for me to spend money.

You mean the whole $10 (which is cheaper than most sub games already) it costs to reactivate your sub since you get the game for free if you had it before?

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    Originally posted by Murdus

I won't guarantee anything.

This game will be fun if you like FPS MMO PvP with full loot. It's designed for people who like that.

If you have no experience with this type of game, give it a try after thoroughly investigating the many fan-made videos that will be released when the game is released.

If you don't like what you see, you probably won't want to the buy the game or try it because you're not ten years old and you know better.

Darkfall refurbished after a 4 year beta test, with a lot of community input. I'm really excited for this.

The best part of this whole situation is the wipe. Without the wipe, this relaunch would not be possible.

And I can't wait.

10 years old hmmm.... And to play gw,rift or wow you must be 30+ or what??? You serious about that ?

• ZoltosZoltos Member UncommonPosts: 60

I played Darkfall for almost 2 years. I missed the start of the game wich was epic fun according to many.

Anyway the best thing in DF Imo was the Conflicts between clans. Sieges and even small scale battles is where the fun is. FFA loot and fps-stylish combat can get your adrenaline pumping :)

Games Played: Anarchy Online,Star Wars Galaxies,WOW,Eve,Darkfall,Vanguard, Fallen Earth,SWTOR,GW2,Tera,ESO,Wildstar, Black Desert, Archeage & Albion Online
    Now playing: Conan Exiles & Rocket League
    Games looking forward to: Diablo 4! & Star Citizen?

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Zoltos

I played Darkfall for almost 2 years. I missed the start of the game wich was epic fun according to many.

Anyway the best thing in DF Imo was the Conflicts between clans. Sieges and even small scale battles is where the fun is. FFA loot and fps-stylish combat can get your adrenaline pumping :)

Yeah the clan conflict / politics is one of the greatest parts. Without it, the game would seem very dull.

A typical games version of "conflict" or "politics" is people in guilds who dont like eachother just trolling chat, cause they cant do anything else.

In Darkfall, all it takes is a1 or 2 asshats in a clan starting shit with someone from a clan that would otherwise be neutral, or even allies, and all hell can break lose. But in Darkfall you actually get to DO something about it. Camp their holdings for awhile, kill all their people and take their loot, steal their resources, destroy their buildings, and start an all out war resulting in taking their holdings from them and leaving them with nothing.

Having good leaders & officers in your clan who can handle political stuff goes a long way in helping you keep a foothold in the game and keep you from gaining to many enemies who would be perfectly fine with wiping your clan off the map if your leaders cant keep it's members in line and control the situation.

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441

Yeah, nothing is ever 100% guaranteed except death and taxes.

• TopherpunchTopherpunch Member UncommonPosts: 86

This is an untrue statement, this person either has never played the game or is sour because they did play and couldn't get anywhere or was unable to play correctly. This game is fine for casual players, you just won't advance as fast as vets which is how it should be. People are so used to things being handed too them because they are used to theme park MMO's.

There is also a huge PvE element in the game. It is not like you log in and people start killing you right off. You have to PvE so you can PvP. And there are no advantages from just PvPing your entire gaming career of DF. Everyone has the same type of stats, there is no toughness skill, or resillience, or some weird way people take less damage. So basically you will be able to kill anyone or anything just like anyone in the game, it might just take a little longer because you enjoy the game more or you are a casual player. 

The game is awesome and will always be the most intense gameplay experience in MMO's right now. You will never get your heart pumping like this in a themepark MMO.

Come check out what I have to say on my blog http://civilgamer.com

Also check out http;//agonasylum.com for Darkfall player trading and stories forums

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by Topherpunch

Everyone has the same type of stats, there is no toughness skill, or resillience, or some weird way people take less damage. So basically you will be able to kill anyone or anything just like anyone in the game, it might just take a little longer because you enjoy the game more or you are a casual player. 

DF1 has a host of skills to mitigate damage,(Rigor,Toughness, Armor proficiency,Defense.....)so are you really confused or are you referring to DF2? 

So whos never played?

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462
    Originally posted by Siveria
    I'd love to see AC recreated as well, I've never played it but hear nothing but good things, but its not going to happen till this wow-clone bullshit stops, which I don't see it happening till wow suddendly stops being popular.

Look it is obvious you haven't played this game as well.  If you don't like this type of game there is no need to come here and bash it just because it isn't your thing.

I have played both games for a very long time.  Is DF AC? No.

AC had a much more robust PvE, quest, dungeon, and items system.

DF has MUCH better pvp and a sieging system which AC lacked.

They both have interesting open world (no zones other then dungeons).

In regard to your previous post.  Is this game full of ass hat people camping newer player? NO. 

Are they there?  Yes, but it is probably 20% of the population or less and if you get in a clan it really won't matter that much.

ALSO, the max level character camping newbs doesn't happen any more with the HUGE increase in XP gains.  It doesn't take long at all to become viable in the game any more.  AV has set to address that in the new game.

• stuxstux Member Posts: 462

PvE I personally do not really like.  There are some people that love it though.  I think it is a love or hate type thing.  The large monsters are pretty cool but typically not with the risk/reward from a pvp perspective.

From casualperspective with the changes they have made I don't think it should matter unless you aren't good at keeping practice at the pvp which is unique and takes practice to get and stay good.