Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Biowares f2p model, bringing segregation back!

1235»

Comments

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Yeah with this insanely limited F2P format I will not even give it a try. This is worse then SOE's and that;s saying something.

Posted today SWTOR F2P model

See detail at http://www.swtor.com/free/features

Mousing over features gives details. Weekly limit for flashpoints, space missions and p2P is 3/week but you can purchase weekly pass.

SOE model

Not sure if SOE model is better... I guess matter of opinion

They're both on par with limitations besides SWTOR giving you the entire storyline for free while EQ2 limits expansion content. I'd say it's safe to say when SWTOR gets an update/expansion they'll limit it too, but at Bioware provides a way to unlock the weekly limit if you wanna do more Warzones and such.

• JobeArthurJobeArthur Member UncommonPosts: 41

LOL @ the 3 WZ a week..

I can see the FTPers getting 3 Huttballs back to back and start wasting the 3 Wz's by leaving when Huttball pops up every time.

Way to bring in those subs yo! I think that 50 million number thrown around by EA is a huge understatement.. lol

• ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363

Why should F2P players get almost the same benifiets as paying players do that is just crazy thinking.  As a subscriber I think what they are going to implement is very good. Have you compared SOE's free to play BW's is much better.

Lets look at some facts:  The servers need to be paid for maintenace wise and the internet connecetion must be paid for and new content must be paid for.  You think this costs nothing lol wake up to the real world people.

F2P player " I demand more from free to play or I won't play this game!" 

Subscriber "If you like the game and want to play it a lot then get a job and subscribe."

BioWare has set it up so you pay for the features you will use I think that is fare to the Free to play crowd.

my Thoughts!!!

Ajax

• ajax7ajax7 Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by Yizle
    Yeah with this insanely limited F2P format I will not even give it a try. This is worse then SOE's and that;s saying something.

Show me a better free to play model than this, there is not one I can think of. SOE's is a lot worse your limted on how much cash you can carry.

Guess you won't be playing to bad I won't miss you.

Free to play player: "I can play for free but they want to charge some of the content to help pay for the servers, internet connection, and content why should I do that."  "I hate this game."

Lol

Ajax