Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

No ties to family or nation. Considering work anywhere.

Since I grew up in foster care and have no real ties to family or nation...I've lately often wondered what it would be like to work for another country (living there of course, not here.) Like Russia or the Ukraine or London or Seoul. I'd be willing to work for just food and "room and board" as long as I had a personal pc/laptop and net access. :P If I have food and the basic shelter I really don't  care bout cash/income. My interests: Work with hands/intelligence/computers, have basic shelter, basic food and internet. That's all. I've often wondered if I should submit my information out there and who would respond if anyone. I don't have any degrees but I'm a very quick hands on learner...and I'm getting out of the army in a month or less.

I could easily see myself getting wrapped up in my business or country or related venue. I simply have no ties to anything or anyone here. (Not to say I'm sad about not having ties...just that they aren't there. I feel like a free songbird.)

entropy.13 aol.com

((Wasn't sure to post it or not but said what the hell, it's not spam and we are in a Off-Topic forum lol.))

Comments

• ForTheCityForTheCity Member Posts: 307

If you went to Korea or China you could always teach english, assuming you are from the US. I know alot of people who teach english in China and they say the pay is decent enough to live over there and have fun. Which in the long run if you ever came back to the US (assuming you are from the US),  you probably won't have enough money to get a car, pay for housing etc. 

Don't know if you need a college degree but I assume you don't. Don't know what other jobs would be available out there. 

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088
    Originally posted by TigerAero

Since I grew up in foster care and have no real ties to family or nation...I've lately often wondered what it would be like to work for another country (living there of course, not here.) Like Russia or the Ukraine or London or Seoul. I'd be willing to work for just food and "room and board" as long as I had a personal pc/laptop and net access. :P If I have food and the basic shelter I really don't  care bout cash/income. My interests: Work with hands/intelligence/computers, have basic shelter, basic food and internet. That's all. I've often wondered if I should submit my information out there and who would respond if anyone. I don't have any degrees but I'm a very quick hands on learner...and I'm getting out of the army in a month or less.

I could easily see myself getting wrapped up in my business or country or related venue. I simply have no ties to anything or anyone here. (Not to say I'm sad about not having ties...just that they aren't there. I feel like a free songbird.)

entropy.13 aol.com

((Wasn't sure to post it or not but said what the hell, it's not spam and we are in a Off-Topic forum lol.))

What you basicly describing is volunteer work.

Contact volunteer work organisations, you can look them up on the web and learn more about what they offer and where to sign up.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• xxtriadxxxxtriadxx Member UncommonPosts: 155

You may be the first and last person I ever see in my life who actually puts their first two possible choices as...

Russia or the Ukraine...

:)

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by xxtriadxx

You may be the first and last person I ever see in my life who actually puts their first two possible choices as...

Russia or the Ukraine...

:)

I know quite a few people who do that too, but they usueally go there to import a bride...

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412
    Singapore, Taiwan, or Hong Kong are usually the best bets to look for work in a foriegn country; They are the most capitalist countries in the world and you don't need to jump through as many hoops to get a job.  The United States has the most lax immigration laws in the world, so don't expect immigrating to those countries to be as easy as it is to immigrate to the US.  You usually at a minimum need a place that has already hired you and is sponsoring your visa; or you have to get hired in 30 days.  If you just want some shelter, and net access; then Texas or Colorado are usually good bets in the states.
  • DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476
    Originally posted by Cleffy
    Singapore, Taiwan, or Hong Kong are usually the best bets to look for work in a foriegn country; They are the most capitalist countries in the world and you don't need to jump through as many hoops to get a job.  The United States has the most lax immigration laws in the world, so don't expect immigrating to those countries to be as easy as it is to immigrate to the US.  You usually at a minimum need a place that has already hired you and is sponsoring your visa; or you have to get hired in 30 days.  If you just want some shelter, and net access; then Texas or Colorado are usually good bets in the states.

The US has lax immigration laws? Are you on crack? you do know how hard is it to get an unsponsored green card?

• CleffyCleffy Member RarePosts: 6,412

Easier then many think.  The US hands out 7 million unsponsored visas yearly based on a lottery system.  Most nations will not even think about letting unsponsored workers in who do not atleast meet a minimum requirement of skills.  Then they usually only have 30 days to get a job within the country.

I agree the US has stricter immigration laws then they should, but that does not mean other countries are any better.

• CalmOceansCalmOceans Member UncommonPosts: 2,437

Yeah, you need a teaching degree to teach English in China, you can't just go there and teach English, a lot of people would have went there if it was that easy.

And you need to know Chinese of course.