Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

ITZ TIME TO GET EXCITED FOR F2P!!!!!!!

So basically it looks like today the SWTOR main site unveiled the Cartel Coin ledger where you can check to see how many coins you have banked up so far. Just curious to see if anyone actually has looked yet. Seems like the game and site have been down a lot more than often so don't even know if people have had access to it yet.

They have been having set amounts but haven't really talked about the conversion rate yet so no way to tell if the coins people are getting now will be a decent amount or not so great.

I have recently went back to the game to do the stories. It doesn't really seem like they will cough up all that VA money again but still hoping they expand upon it in a way. If they do it would probably be sold as "Adventure Packs" or something to that effect. Maybe thy will do the same with the earlier events they had this year as well since I am sure the majority of the total playerbase missed them from not being active or what not.

Comments

• VassagoMaelVassagoMael Member Posts: 555
    I'm not excited.

Free to play = content updates for the cash shop. Buy to play = content updates for the cash shop.
    Subscription = Actual content updates!

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    I'm not excited.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• Sora2810Sora2810 Member Posts: 567
    Rule 1 of MMO experiences: never get excited. Just be cautiously hopeful.

Played - M59, EQOA, EQ, EQ2, PS, SWG[Favorite], DAoC, UO, RS, MXO, CoH/CoV, TR, FFXI, FoM, WoW, Eve, Rift, SWTOR, TSW.
    Playing - PS2, AoW, GW2

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

It says that if I become a subscriber I get 850.

I'm not sure I'm "excited" but if I can use my old characters then I'll jump back in for a bit.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • XerithXerith Member Posts: 970
    1600 if I was to subscribe. So the only way to get the coins is to resub before it goes F2P, or am I missing something?
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by DashiDMV

ITZ TIME TO GET EXCITED FOR F2P!!!!!!!

Why? It's same tired game...

I have never played one game that was made 'better' by them giving the client away.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Woot?
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

It says 1150 coins if I resubscribe before it goes free to play.   Not a chance in the world, they can keep their cartell coint.

This is what I thought was going to happen yes you get cartell coins for buying the game and playing it, but you have to resuscribe today to get those coins.  

So now we now that the faq was wrong and the email a week or so back was right.

• DashiDMVDashiDMV Member Posts: 362

The way it is described to you guys, it almost seems like an upjumped version of the "Please we are begging you to come back" e-mails they recently sent out.  Dangling the virtual carrot if you resub.

On a side note I am subscribed and the page that would have this info is still down for me. Thanks for the info though. Interesting to see how they are handling this.

As for the coins, I am sure they will be available after F2P, just EA trying word games to get an extra 15 dollars out of people for October.

• mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Not excited but happier. I will get to play the other faction from 1-50 for free and see what the 1k CC from CE gets me.
  • KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    I'll try it.  Excited for it is probably a grand overstatement for my interest in SWTOR.  Still I am curious and figure it's at least worth downloading.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Will the game suddenly stop being a singleplayer online game with a recycled Empire Strikes back storyline?
  • hycxhycx Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Did they mention what items the coins can be used on? And how much the items cost? 1000 coins might actually be completely useless if it can't buy anything.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    My balance so far is 2,500 cartel pointsimage

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by bunnyhopper
    Originally posted by VassagoMael
    I'm not excited.

Same.

A free bag of shit is still a bag of shit.

• NoreshaNoresha Member Posts: 17

http://www.eldergame.com/2007/12/star-trek-the-hardest-mmo-ip-ever/

just read it, you will figure out why the latest releases have been failures.

• DraronDraron Member Posts: 993
    Gotta say, good on Bioware for making good on past subscriptions and such. Good thing I bought the CE for $50 a few months ago. 
  • JobeArthurJobeArthur Member UncommonPosts: 41

Very Excited here as it will be the beginning of the end..

Not a Hater of the game as it would seem that i am. Thats not true I want this game to succeed, but not a fan of and I am tired of poorly managed, poorly executed updates, arrogant  game studios with very bad habits such as not even having a real PTS.. So in the end and even as a huge Star Wars fan if this game, Bioware, EA have to die for the greater good... So be it!

They say FTP is the future of gaming.. Imo thats poor quality and unoriginal games that are simply pathetic cash grabs, while I think whoever figures out that its quality and originality that should be the real future of gaming will be greatly rewarded.

I would galdly pay $40 or more a month for a good quality game that I get Imersed in as I already drop CCP close to a $100 every month when I play. too lazy to grind that many ETCs lol..

As for the white knights saying I had unrealistic expectations.. I didn't care if it was a Sand Box, Theme Park, Hybrid, Story co-op RPG. I just wanted a Star Wars game that worked and have some clear direction. Not some game that gets worse with every update and basically a game that is riddled with contradictions around every system or development path. 

• LoverNoFighterLoverNoFighter Member Posts: 294

F2p is ok by me.

I'll log in and fire up my lightsaber for 20 secs and then log out.

SWG pre cu > SWTOR

• superniceguysuperniceguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,278

It may be exciting for the game going FREE to play, and spending as little as possible on the game, but do not expect the game to last long. They will get little income to keep the game running.

As soon as it goes F2P, I will never sub to this game again, and not pay any money to it.

I will enjoy the 1-50 story knowing that EA are getting nada from me

If they added new content like added more story past 50 or something I like, then I would have subbed again for it in P2P, but not now, and hopefully I have enough cartel coins to pay for it. If not then still not paying for it.

"Must have pets, vehichles and XP Boosts" - I do not think so. After having that droid from collectors edition, and then the Tauntaun pet, the thought of buying another is just a waste of money as they are just things that follow you around, and I bought a new vehicle with in game credits, and I did not feel awesome with having it, the STAP from the collectors edition was still better - it was just a waste of credits, so that does not interest me either.  XP Boosts are definately not worth it.

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I'm kind of looking forward to F2P. I liked SWTOR. I only canceled my sub once I heard it was going F2P. I currently love GW2, and welcome a second good title to play. =)
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I was thinkin "huh, maybe something else to do on my spare time" though honestly the whole "Cartle Coins for Epic Gear" mentioned with paying subscribers really makes me want to leave this game to rot. I don't mind maybe if its for the F2P players but charging people for basic needs who are PAYING for your game is a huge no no for me.

Maybe if they fix it I'll be willing to play, I hate to say it but... this game (which I feel is lack luster for a P2P game) felt more compelling to me then GW2 ended up feeling despite being super generic *cringe* I can't believe I'd say that.

• wowfan1996wowfan1996 Member UncommonPosts: 719

Before the end of the year...

So how does this ice cold water feel?

MMORPG genre is dead. Long live MMOCS (Massively Multiplayer Online Cash Shop).

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Yeah it would be great to get some clarification on this.. but each time i try to submit a ticket to support i get a error message...

ecasue if you read the F2P page it does sound like you get your cartel coins either way but once in your account it sounds like you NEED to subscribe to get them.

I am greatly confused.

This have been a good conversation