Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

An EPIC list of features/updates for DF:UW

2»

Comments

• HancakesHancakes Member Posts: 1,045
    Originally posted by snapfusion
    Originally posted by Greymoor

I would like a lot of you to take the time reading through some of those changes to see that DF:UW is not just about PvP.

Crafting and PvE are getting a huge overhall too.

But its still not Crafting and PvE for crafters and PvE's. Its Crafting and PvE for PvPers.  So no one outside of PvPers really cares.

Why are you here again if you dont care??? This is a PvP game forum afterall.

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485

thx for the efforts putting up such a list..

i can tell you one thing.. after 6 years of darkfall following and gaming..

60% of what they clame.. will be broken or not implented..

Also 20 november ain't a release date.. its a possible release date.. most likely UW will come 2013..

These facts are based on the history of AV.. who made the game darkfall

• naljejanaljeja Member Posts: 94
    Originally posted by Snoepie

Also 20 november ain't a release date.. its a possible release date..

Please enlighten us on where this is stated

• SnoepieSnoepie Member UncommonPosts: 485
    Originally posted by naljeja
    Originally posted by Snoepie

Also 20 november ain't a release date.. its a possible release date..

Please enlighten us on where this is stated

see your looking @ the wrong or not knowning the info about this company itself..

My last sentence of my post  will explain this..

A release date comes with responsibilties. and this company has none..

to give you simple example:

http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?s=121c2c551cf40b9d15bd6f9cc71d061f&t=297834

• Pumuckl71Pumuckl71 Member Posts: 121
    God this is all so epic ...fuck the rest we only need darkfall from now on . Its sooo epic , that if youre playing it you gonna be instant epic and  Vet. nice try to copy UO pre tram
  • ste2000ste2000 Member EpicPosts: 6,194
    Originally posted by Inlor
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Housing has never been instanced.

There is a hiding / stealth skill. Its called having skill. Learn to be sneaky and use the environment to hide you. Dont go charging in at full sprint while casting spells and drawing attention to yourself. Its very easy to get the drop on people and catch them from behind if you learn to be sneaky. Though hopefully they do something about the ping spikes when getting near other players to make it a bit easier. The wary players always notice the ping spikes and stop fighting other stuff and start looking for enemy players as soon as that spike hits them.

Ah ok, thx, didn't know about the housing. Nice to hear.

And about the hiding and stealth skill: Won't hurt to implement a real hiding and stealth skill. In about 10 years UO I never heard a lot of people complaining about them, as you could use AOE-spells or tracking skill to reveal them.  Was especially nice to have near a IDOC with lots of reds. But o.k., maybe you can really hide better in a real 3D environment (I hope there are no "names" above your head?).

True, it might work, but have you tried to sneak on players from behind in DF?

It is very realistic.

First you have to crouch and then you need to slowly move toward the enemy.

The higher crouching skills you have, the less noise you make while approaching the target.

Because if you pay attention, you can hear another player coming from behind.

That's the beauty of DF, you have to be always aware of your surroundings to survive and that includes funny noises coming from behind.

• Pratt2112Pratt2112 Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

This all sounds very interesting and I'm definitely going to be checking it out. Here's hoping 2nd time is a charm for AV!

I actually really enjoyed simply being in the world in DF1, to be honest. The mob ai was a lot of fun to "play with". The danger of being ganked was always there, creating this sense of "blissful paranoia" that someone was waiting for you around a corner or hiding behind a tree, or would sneak up on you while you're fighting something else.

The thing that turned me off to DF1, and will have the same effect in UW if it's not kept in check (because you know people will be right back to doing it again), is the hacking/cheating that went on. My time and interest in DF1 ended abruptly when I was ganked by someone clearly using a radar hack to see where I was hiding. They couldn't have seen me any other way, especially not from where they were, and how far out they were when they stopped to make a beeline toward me.

I despise cheaters in other games. I'm definitely not going to abide one in a FFA game like DF.  It's a shame, too, because I really enjoyed that game.

So I really really really hope AV is more on top of it this time.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Any word on housing for DFUW?

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• Params7Params7 Member UncommonPosts: 212
    ^Yeah, if there's one thing that has the potential for being the biggest downer, is cheaters being allowed. Devs need to implement active monitoring to catch and ban players for using hacks.
  • someforumguysomeforumguy Member RarePosts: 4,088
    Originally posted by ProfRed
    Originally posted by Inlor
    Originally posted by kaiser3282

Housing has never been instanced.

There is a hiding / stealth skill. Its called having skill. Learn to be sneaky and use the environment to hide you. Dont go charging in at full sprint while casting spells and drawing attention to yourself. Its very easy to get the drop on people and catch them from behind if you learn to be sneaky. Though hopefully they do something about the ping spikes when getting near other players to make it a bit easier. The wary players always notice the ping spikes and stop fighting other stuff and start looking for enemy players as soon as that spike hits them.

Ah ok, thx, didn't know about the housing. Nice to hear.

And about the hiding and stealth skill: Won't hurt to implement a real hiding and stealth skill. In about 10 years UO I never heard a lot of people complaining about them, as you could use AOE-spells or tracking skill to reveal them.  Was especially nice to have near a IDOC with lots of reds. But o.k., maybe you can really hide better in a real 3D environment (I hope there are no "names" above your head?).

There is no tab targeting and no names above your head.  You can run over a hill and hide behind a tree, and strafe around it if someone is chasing you, or dissapear with skill and sneak with skill.  It is an amazing game for that.  A stealth/hide skill has no place in Darkfall.

That is pretty cool actually. I normally don't like the magic stealth buttons and the way you describe it, it sounds a lot more fun and intuitive.

This list of features sounds a lot of fun, I really hope Aventurine can pull it off this time.

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

This EPIC list is nice to see, however I'm not buying into the hype.....

Been there done that, AV needs to deliver and not present vaporware leaks that dangle a magic carrot.

If AV couldn't control hacks/cheats/exploits before, what makes you think they'll step up to the plate and meet it head on this time around?

Bottomline it's starting to sound like stuff that we heard all to often from not only AV but many other companies.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Whacko

This EPIC list is nice to see, however I'm not buying into the hype.....

Been there done that, AV needs to deliver and not present vaporware leaks that dangle a magic carrot.

If AV couldn't control hacks/cheats/exploits before, what makes you think they'll step up to the plate and meet it head on this time around?

Bottomline it's starting to sound like stuff that we heard all to often from not only AV but many other companies.

Not saying they will have a handle on it for sure, but they have also more than doubled their staff for UW. Hopefully some of that staff will also be responsible for keeping exploiters out of the game at a much better rate,

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by zimboy69

shame  has a subscription  so i cant play

Why can't you play if it has a subscription?

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813

you know what they say, "you get what you pay for". And this could not be more true for MMOs...

Originally posted by Kasmos

I really don't get how $ .50 a day is too much for people to spend on an mmo. You really can't get that kind of entertainment much these days so cheap, unless it's netflix online streaming movies, which also is a bargain. When my husband, our son, and I go to see a movie, we don't get out of there without spending $75+ dollars on the movie, popcorn, cokes, etc. That's one movie, and it's usually mediocre at best, heh.

Dark Age of Camelot

• KasmosKasmos Member UncommonPosts: 593
    Originally posted by Tayah

I really don't get how $ .50 a day is too much for people to spend on an mmo. You really can't get that kind of entertainment much these days so cheap, unless it's netflix online streaming movies, which also is a bargain. When my husband, our son, and I go to see a movie, we don't get out of there without spending $75+ dollars on the movie, popcorn, cokes, etc. That's one movie, and it's usually mediocre at best, heh.

People are getting pathetically cheap these days and a lot of kids have joined this genre, that is why in my opinion this is happening.

• ZushakonZushakon Member UncommonPosts: 148

I know right? But honestly I think it's just kids that aren't allowed by their parents to play a game with subscription fee, even though they probably buy a lot of other more expensive useless stuff for them.

Not that I think less kids is a big issue, more like the opposite if I'm to be honest..

Darkfall Unholy Wars:
    Zushakon Odi

• TymorisTymoris Member UncommonPosts: 158
    I liked a lot the info about the markets. 

Originally posted by Zushakon

I know right? But honestly I think it's just kids that aren't allowed by their parents to play a game with subscription fee, even though they probably buy a lot of other more expensive useless stuff for them.

Not that I think less kids is a big issue, more like the opposite if I'm to be honest..

Aye, that could be the case. Kiddies and people trying to be cheap. I have a brother that will spend $59.99 x 10-20 console games a year, but refuses to play an mmo on pc that has a monthly subscription. It's quite comical.

Dark Age of Camelot

• WhackoWhacko Member UncommonPosts: 137

After actually thinking about this and how I answered earlier I believe that AV might have just got me back into the fold...

Now I'm not going to go bananas over the list, I for one thought that during beta and early access things got so out of whack that I feel a tad burned to even come back to DF...

However I want SOMETHING to look forward too......