Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO you hate the most because of the fans

Comments

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

I don't think I hate on any mmo, but the rudest people I've ever come across were SWTOR fans.

I'm not a fanboi to any game or company. If it's fun, I play it, if it's not, and it's flawed in ways, I say so.

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• bubalubabubaluba Member Posts: 434
    I don't hate but i do not like OFC ----GW,GW2  not because of fans it is because i hate that  anime style in GW2 .
  • gordiflugordiflu Member UncommonPosts: 757
    GW2. Not that I hate the game, it's just that after a while monitoring forums and such I have decided I am not interested. One of the reasons beeing the over the top fanboic fanboism of the very fanboic GW2 fanbois.
  • grimalgrimal Member UncommonPosts: 2,935
    Originally posted by Randayn
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Yeah the over zealous gw2 fans are lulz:

"If you like xyz instead of gw2 thats fine. I hope you enjoy yourself. Personally, i have evolved past that archaic style and could never revisit that trash. But you go ahead and have fun with that mmkay?"

And that is why GW2 fans are the way they are.  You say you dont like them, but you belittle them and call them names based purely on you not liking the game.

actually, there have been quite a few GW2 fanboi's that have said something similar to this "If you like xyz instead of gw2 thats fine. I hope you enjoy yourself. Personally, i have evolved past that archaic style and could never revisit that trash. But you go ahead and have fun with that mmkay?"

Or they'll talk to you like you lost your loved one a year ago by saying..."you have to move on...things are different now...."

Hands down the award for worst fans goes to GW2.

^^ Very true.  And they all seem to talk in absolutes:

"Oh, I can never ever go back to playing those clones with their quest hubs.  I know exactly the type of game GW2 is and I'll be playing it for years and years."

• AdamantineAdamantine Member RarePosts: 5,085
    Originally posted by Piiritus

[...] As I play only Western titles I honestly cannot name any MMO more shallow than GW2. [...]

Hu.

I always said GW1 is dead boring for me and GW2 has no substantial change in their concept in order to be any different in this respect.

Looks like I've been right about that one.

Well I guess the PvP fans might still enjoy GW2, since they apparently enjoyed GW1, didnt they ?

Originally posted by AlBQuirky

Whatever is the next big thing on the horizon, before even alpha or beta testing happens. So much speculation and crystal ball scrying it gets sickeningly annoying at times. Those players who hype the "hype meter" off of the charts. The ones trying to "wish into existence" their personal best game ever, stating outlandish hopes as facts.

Yeah ... I remember being pretty excited about SWTOR, for the first time in years. Because, Bioware ! But, as it turned out - EA.

R.I.P. Bioware, you've been great. R.I.P. Troika Games, you're missed. Long live Bethesda and Obsidian ! - pretty please.

Originally posted by Burntvet

I have yet to ever hear of any F2P game with a non-shitty community in fact.

Haha yeah I only tried that once but - oh man that was awful. Any description, no matter how insulting, would still feel like praise, lol.

Originally posted by Storman1977
    For me, it's DDO.  When in game, everything is gravy.  But, go to the forums, you'd think that the game was a hot pile of shit with a staph infection chaser.  While not as bad as I've heard other games forums are, but the in game/forum ratio of bile is out of hand.

Hmm. Sounds like you havent played that many MMOs yet ? For example, forums have been awful in Vanguard, too. Player base was much nicer, always. Its simply that the people who have time to post in a forum naturally dont have time to actually play.

Originally posted by jpnz

I don't hate a game because of its fans.

It'll be like hating a singer / group because you don't like the people that listen to them. [...]

Uh-hu. I dont think this comparison really applies. One can listen to music anytime. One doesnt need to visit any forum about music, either. Most people dont.

Originally posted by Tayah

I don't think I hate on any mmo, but the rudest people I've ever come across were SWTOR fans.

Hmm really ? I was mostly annoyed that in the SWTOR forums, there was just no discussion going on whatsoever. Always the exact same questions again and again. It was just boring after a while.

• DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

Dark Age of Camelot:

The fans keep raving about how superior their PvP System is. While it is better than most games, it's still just ultimately a gigantic battleground. PvP should be anywhere and everywhere, e.g., able to build forts and claim land anywhere in the world, the ability to infiltrate main cities, etc...

SWTOR:

This is just a real bad game. The fans and those who play are from the "U man, Bro" crowd.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by KingJiggly
    Originally posted by Draemos

GW2

That playerbase would tell you a steaming pile of shit smelled like roses if it was made by Arenanet.

Quit posting on GW 2 forums if you don't like it. Seeing your history, your past 10 posts have been in gw2 forums. Seems you like that "shit".

*rolls eyes*

• ThillianThillian Member UncommonPosts: 3,156
    Guild Wars 2 by far, followed by Rift and SWTOR. The most hyped mmos so far.

REALITY CHECK

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

GW2...Just because there are so many fans out there that just think it can do no wrong. Not to mention the screenshot spam we see of this game. 

WoW...The fanboys/girls in this game are pretty bad as well. 

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• Vunak23Vunak23 Member UncommonPosts: 633

GW2

That playerbase would tell you a steaming pile of shit smelled like roses if it was made by Arenanet.

Quit posting on GW 2 forums if you don't like it. Seeing your history, your past 10 posts have been in gw2 forums. Seems you like that "shit".

How can you avoid posting in the GW2 forums when you all are spamming threads left and right. Recent posts are mostly all in the GW2 forums. Occasionally General will take over if there are interseting articles.

"In the immediate future, we have this one, and then we’ve got another one that is actually going to be – so we’re going to have, what we want to do, is in January, what we’re targeting to do, this may or may not happen, so you can’t hold me to it. But what we’re targeting to do, is have a fun anniversary to the Ilum shenanigans that happened. An alien race might invade, and they might crash into Ilum and there might be some new activities that happen on the planet." ~Gabe Amatangelo

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I like most MMOs. I hate all Fanboys and all Haters (though I find both so incredibly entertaining). GW2 currently has the most, and by far the most obnoxious, of both groups.

• Crunchy222Crunchy222 Member CommonPosts: 386

GW2

Any F2P game (including GW2)

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    It amazing really how majority are saying 'GW 2'.  But i won't say i am surprised. 
  • FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Any full loot pvp, sandbox MMOs
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by halflife25
    It amazing really how majority are saying 'GW 2'.  But i won't say i am surprised. 

Odd little fact, check the post history of those saying GW2 and you will quickly find out why I chose TSW as the closet thing to "Hating a game due to fans". 

• elockeelocke Member UncommonPosts: 4,335

EQ, Eve.  So annoying.

Soon to join them, GW2 fans.

Actually, I find it's just fans who don't want change to come into their games as anytime you mention something should be added or changed to make their game of choice better, you get sucker punched by the nastiest comments or inane arguments.

• apocolusterapocoluster Member UncommonPosts: 1,326
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Foomerang

Yeah the over zealous gw2 fans are lulz:

"If you like xyz instead of gw2 thats fine. I hope you enjoy yourself. Personally, i have evolved past that archaic style and could never revisit that trash. But you go ahead and have fun with that mmkay?"

And that is why GW2 fans are the way they are.  You say you dont like them, but you belittle them and call them names based purely on you not liking the game.

Hate and disrespect are the corner stones of Forums.  What else would we talk about otherwise?  lol

No matter how cynical you become, its never enough to keep up - Lily Tomlin

• DraemosDraemos Member UncommonPosts: 1,521

GW2

It pops up on the frontpage feeds constantly, I don't actually browse any of the forums on this site, just like I didn't browse this thread's forum... I just popped on up the feed while I was checking the daily news articles.  I pop into threads that come up on the front page, and I reply to threads I've posted in.  

If the GW2 fanbois didn't feel the need to post 30 pages worth of nonsense in the threads that criticize GW2, I wouldn't even notice it.  Sadly, you can't even manage to keep your fanboism in check on a thread that's not in your forum.

You are basically what I'm talking about.  You and the multitude of fanbois like you are the reason the GW2 community sucks. Thanks for solidifying my point.

Also, i'm pretty sure I've been bashing on a lot of Darkfall nonsense lately.  So I doubt that's even true.  Which makes you a dirty hippy liar on top of a GW2 fanboi.  For shame.

• sleepr27sleepr27 Member UncommonPosts: 102
    GW2
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Lienhart

Mine: Dark Age of Camelot

I tried playing it years back (before WoW came out). Hated it for it's inferior graphics and lack of direction.

The fans always talk about how great it's PvP was, I always found it incredibly boring. Most likely, though, because I'm heavily into true skill based PVP games (CS1.6, SC and others back then).

How 'bout you guys?

I am pretty much done with all MMORPGs because of their fans, but the worst for me? Aion on the EU servers, especially after the F2P conversion.

Just full of pure nasty bigotry and frustrated hostility.

• MyriaMyria Member UncommonPosts: 699
    Originally posted by AdamTM

EVE, and everything around EVE.

Even the developers are unbearable.

I was kind of stunned to see that even the CCP devs troll their own forum, let alone the players.

I'm always kind of bemused to see WoW come up on everyone's "worst community" list. Compared to AoC -- pretty much the worst in-game community I've ever seen -- and Eve -- easily the worst forum community I've watched, and not a ton better in-game -- there's just no comparison. Can't say as I 'hate' either game, in AoC I got a PoM to 80 before getting bored, had a decent enough time doing it, and I play Eve for a month or so a few times a year just to remind myself of why I don't play it regularly, but they're both games where avoiding the 'community' and forum is best for one's sanity.

Not that I haven't seen better than WoW as well -- Fallen Earth had a really nice community (outside of the forums, which were always dominated by "forum DT" stupidity, even before 'DT' was added to the game), when it still had enough players for there to be anything one could call a community, for instance, and WAR, shockingly for a PvP-focused game, had a great community when I played it -- but it's so far from being the worst that I have to wonder if people who think it is have played very many MMOs. Or, for that matter, know anything about WoW other than it's "cool" to rag on it.

• Originally posted by Acidon

WoW gamers that never give other MMOs a fair shake has always been a solid.

^ this.   i have a bunch of buddies that wont even look at any other game. they even argue with me that WoW still has the best graphics out of any mmorpg...

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

GW2 earns the top spot for me - bad community, bad fans.

Darkfall would be number 2, with EvE in third place.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I have to say EVE fans, this doesn't necessarily mean EVE players (though there is some overlap). I hate any MMO in which fans of said MMO talk about how awesome it is but never play it. EVE is one such MMO, it gets talked up a lot and held up as a shining example of how a MMO should be.

Yet, those people don't even play it. Maybe they played it for a little bit, but they love to talk about how amazing it is while not holding a sub, and at the same time whining that there are no good games out. Look, if something is so great . . . go play it.

• XzenXzen Member UncommonPosts: 2,607
    I don't hate any mmorpgs because of it's fans. I think WoW is a great mmorpg but it's fans are the worst.
This discussion has been closed.