Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Quick questions about CS and OW

ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

Is the game totally open world like DayZ?If not,can you describe how it actually is a little?

I understand the cash shop is nothing but cosmetics and trivial things that can be obtainable in game as well,do you think this is true?

Comments

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670
    I read that before posting here and that didn't answer much hence this thread .

Well, bit and bought it.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

I've been staring at my screen all day debating if it was worth it to purchase.

Let me know how it goes; in regards to crashes and whatnot. Definitely don't want to spend the money today/soon if it's not on a playable stage yet.

The crashes and bugs are there.

The world is open but no idea how big for i haven't been able to explore too much yet although i encountered 3 other players in my first 5 minutes of play.

Considering i haven't played DayZ or anything similar i would say it is worth it.

The cash shop sells very basic items like flashlights and flares,some clubs and ammo.I honestly don't know yet if this is going to be a problem all i know is that you can get cash shop items off of other players corpses.

• benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    There only seems to be a portion of the map available at the moment for this phase of testing. I still haven't been able to successfully join a game. Will attempt again after work today.
  • MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360

I believe they stated that alpha stage is only 40% of the worldmap atm - I'm actually not to sure about zones, I don't think it is zones, would feel very awkward if it was, so hopefully it's fully open.

Though they will be expanding the world map to be larger and eventually hit 100% before beta, as of what I read atleast

• benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Yeah. there's no zoning or instancing. Colorado is one cohesive map.
  • FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    Originally posted by Zadawn

The crashes and bugs are there.

The world is open but no idea how big for i haven't been able to explore too much yet although i encountered 3 other players in my first 5 minutes of play.

Size is being talked about here...http://forums.thewarz.com/showthread.php?20645-30-from-(400-km)-120-kilometer-MAP-From-google

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

Its open world, nozones or anything... the only instances will be for guild wanting to rent a place to build their base, its kind of hosted on a seperate server and not part of the game. its a place to store weapons and grow food and stuff. tho we dont have much info on that at the moment.

At the moment the game is in Alpha so its not got many active features and its very buggy, but thats what an alpha is there for.