Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: April 2013 Television Debut Announced

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Syfy has announced that Defiance, the television show with a tie-in to Trion Worlds' game of the same name, will officially debut in April 2013. To celebrate the announcement, Syfy has released a trailer. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Member RarePosts: 2,077
    Uh Oh
  • RocknissRockniss Member Posts: 1,034
    I'm not quite sure this is for me but good luck, imo, as a gamer all free time goes to gaming, I don't really have time to watch tv :-(
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Member UncommonPosts: 416

I look forward to seeing how this will tie in to the game and vice-versa, the game itself looks interesting as does the show, another one to add to my play list =)

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

I sure hope those clips form the series were not the finall product because some of them were rough.. really rough.

Still it is a nice concept.

This have been a good conversation

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    so wait, this is splicing the tv footage and ingame footage? clashes sort of badly
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    I said it before, and I'll say it again... I have no Syfy channel and will not get it just for this game. Would mean I have to pay €30/month. Either they have to drop the series or I won't play this game (and I guess I'm not alone)...
  • WicoaWicoa Member UncommonPosts: 1,637
    Originally posted by Reizla
    I said it before, and I'll say it again... I have no Syfy channel and will not get it just for this game. Would mean I have to pay €30/month. Either they have to drop the series or I won't play this game (and I guess I'm not alone)...

Not really most modern households in built up areas have cable or satellite tv, syfy is one of the free channels afaik.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by Reizla

Well you would think that they would allow digital viewing for the subscriber? Especially because the international community will have a problem

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    @Coman

By that logic, Dust 514 should be available on the PC, since EVE is a PC fame....oh wait.

Joined - July 2004

• marganculosmarganculos Member UncommonPosts: 334

you will have rips of this show everywhere on internet few hours after official broadcast... like every "TV show" these days... don't worry lol

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by remyburke
    @Coman

By that logic, Dust 514 should be available on the PC, since EVE is a PC fame....oh wait.

Well....yes. Sounds good to me. Anyhow it's up to them, but let's face it. The international community will otherwise find other ways to watch the serie. 

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227
    Anyway.. I lost most remaning respect for SciFi Channel whem they changed name to syfy... Each to their own i guess.

This have been a good conversation