Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Diablo 3: Server Maintenance Oct. 16th to Pave Way for 1.05

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The Diablo III forum has been updated with the announcement that server maintenance will be conducted on all regional servers on Tuesday, October 16th. The express purpose of the maintenance is to bring patch v1.05 to live status. 

We will be performing scheduled maintenance for Diablo III starting tomorrow at 3:00 a.m. PDT in order to deploy patch 1.0.5. We anticipate that maintenance will conclude and that all services will be available by approximately 1:00 p.m. PDT. 

Important: Please note that you will not be prompted to download patch 1.0.5 until the patch is live in your home region. If you are logging in from a European or Asian client, you will need to wait for this patch to release in that region before it can be installed. Additionally, if your home region is the Americas, you will be unable to log into Europe or Asia using Global Play after patch 1.0.5 is live until those regions have also patched. 

For reference, here are the scheduled maintenance times for each region:

• The Americas: 3:00 a.m. PDT (10/16) to 1:00 p.m. PDT (10/16)

• Europe: 6:00 p.m. PDT (10/16) to 4:00 a.m. PDT (10/17)

• Asia: 1:00 p.m. PDT (10/17) to 11:00 p.m. PDT (10/17)

Read the preliminary v1.05 patch notes on the Diablo III community site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• kluukluu Member UncommonPosts: 46
    I guess Blizzard is still making money off this game?  I dont know anyone playing this anymore
  • SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129
    I play daily. :)

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,903
    Originally posted by kluu
    I guess Blizzard is still making money off this game?  I dont know anyone playing this anymore

They aren't going to just roll over.  There's too much money to be had in RMAH and expansions.  They are getting closer to having me return for a while.

• niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by FrodoFragins

They aren't going to just roll over.  There's too much money to be had in RMAH and expansions.  They are getting closer to having me return for a while.

I went back for a week or so when I was getting tired of GW2.  Now D3 has dropped off again and I started back on GW2

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

This makes me wish there was PvP even more...

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    Originally posted by Suzie_Ford

cuz you have lots of money in your pocket to waste on rmah . we dont :P

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514
    TL2 is only 20 dollars and has got no rmah . one time investment ,a small one and i am enjoying the game like hell :)
  • EldhixonEldhixon Member Posts: 3
    I would like to pray all Diablo III characters as my GOD :D
  • DauzqulDauzqul Member RarePosts: 1,982

I play daily, too.

Suzie. What's your battletag?

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148

The only way I was able to enjoy this game was by playing the auction house until I could buy overpriced gear just so I could clear inferno.  So now I have that 1 character capable and the rest of my 60s suck. 

Oh well. 

• BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by lotaparty
    TL2 is only 20 dollars and has got no rmah . one time investment ,a small one and i am enjoying the game like hell :)

Same.

Just about everything I wanted in a D2 successor (a little more shine on the graphics would have been nice), but none of the stupid BS in D3 that was such a turn off for me and so many others.

And TL2 was 1/3 the price.

D3 can burn for all I care.

P.S. If D3 were not a complete server side hog with mandatory all online play, for a "single player/co-op" game it wouldn't matter if the servers were up or not. Nice design decision, Blizzard.

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

I went back for a week or so when I was getting tired of GW2.  Now D3 has dropped off again and I started back on GW2

hehe same here- but havent left GW2- iam sure ill revisit D3 again  after a few Major patches. was a pretty game.

all these  updates and changes to the game is like the charlie brown parents talking-'muah muah muah muah muah.'....dosent really mean  anything to me guess iam not a D3 die hard after all.

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    I still play D3 however after yet another round of nerfs for the Wizard... Not sure if I can keep going.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

Just love how Blizzard is doing maintenance in US during nighttime, but shutsdown the European servers in the middle of their Prime time ( 9PM CET / 8PM GMT ).

Ha ha.

• GoldenArrowGoldenArrow Member UncommonPosts: 1,186
    I don't care when they put the servers down, 1.0.4 is crap compared to 1.0.5
  • ThrennieThrennie Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Just love how Blizzard is doing maintenance in US during nighttime, but shutsdown the European servers in the middle of their Prime time ( 9PM CET / 8PM GMT ).

Ha ha.

Nope it starts 6PM PDT in Europe. That's 2AM GMT. ;)

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425

Blizzard fixed the game for me with this new patch.

Now if you simply want to play D3 without ever using the AH you can From Normal to inferno I used the items i found and killed Diablo on the PTR.

For most of the people I know the biggest negative of the game was how essential the auction house was. All we wanted to do was dungeon crawl with our friends and find cool loot that we could use.

We can do this now. 

I suggest that anyone that wants to play D3 without ever using the AH that you stick to Monster power 0 through 2. 

Anything Monster level 3 and over you will need to go back to the soul sucking gold farm and use the AH...

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing 

• ArquitetoArquiteto Member Posts: 228
    I know one person left playing D3 out of a dozen who started on day 1. A few of us are now playing Torchlight 2 instead.

Originally posted by lotaparty

I enjoyed it for 60 hours or so and then got terribly bored.  Good value for the money but much too shallow to compete for my time.  D3 has better value to me in the end in terms of hours per dollar and they are adding incentives to play while Runic will just hand the modding tools to the players and move on to something else.

Originally posted by Z3R01

Now if you simply want to play D3 without ever using the AH you can From Normal to inferno I used the items i found and killed Diablo on the PTR.

For most of the people I know the biggest negative of the game was how essential the auction house was. All we wanted to do was dungeon crawl with our friends and find cool loot that we could use.

We can do this now. 

I suggest that anyone that wants to play D3 without ever using the AH that you stick to Monster power 0 through 2. 

Anything Monster level 3 and over you will need to go back to the soul sucking gold farm and use the AH...

I wasn't under the impression that they fixed things THAT much.  They doubled the already puny droprate on legendaries and got rid of the stupidly low level drops in inferno.  But aren't you still fighting the RNG and praying for teh right stats on items?

• ZefireZefire Member Posts: 676
    more of this crap.Thank u blizzard
  • ZekiahZekiah Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by niceguy3978

I tried going back too, it's still just a boring mess. The problem is the game design, can't be easily fixed.

"Censorship is never over for those who have experienced it. It is a brand on the imagination that affects the individual who has suffered it, forever." - Noam Chomsky

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    I play Diablo 3 at least every other day.  I've recently been busy with MoP, but I still go to Diablo 3 for an Inferno Diablo run at least 3-4 times a week.  Sometimes I run more.  My friends and I have made some really good money doing runs, and my monk is a beast.  It took me awhile to get it there, but I only spent $60 for the game and ~$20 to finish out my build (4 items), but in turn, I've made over 12 times my investment...you tell me anything else with that kind of ROI and I'll be there lol.  One my friends that I run with has made a ton of money.  All he plays is Diablo 3, and he always gets good drops.  With the addition of the paragon levels and the increase in drop rate, I've been paying for my subscriptions to WoW, Rift, and one of my car's insurance payments for the last 4 months :)
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by Gravarg
    I play Diablo 3 at least every other day.  I've recently been busy with MoP, but I still go to Diablo 3 for an Inferno Diablo run at least 3-4 times a week.  Sometimes I run more.  My friends and I have made some really good money doing runs, and my monk is a beast.  It took me awhile to get it there, but I only spent $60 for the game and ~$20 to finish out my build (4 items), but in turn, I've made over 12 times my investment...you tell me anything else with that kind of ROI and I'll be there lol.  One my friends that I run with has made a ton of money.  All he plays is Diablo 3, and he always gets good drops.  With the addition of the paragon levels and the increase in drop rate, I've been paying for my subscriptions to WoW, Rift, and one of my car's insurance payments for the last 4 months :)

Well you cannot do that solo, you need a good party to do so.  Most of us are very casual players, hence rarely get a good group together, hence the game just is a horrible design.

• Z3R01Z3R01 Member UncommonPosts: 2,425
    Originally posted by Z3R01

We can do this now. 

I wasn't under the impression that they fixed things THAT much.  They doubled the already puny droprate on legendaries and got rid of the stupidly low level drops in inferno.  But aren't you still fighting the RNG and praying for teh right stats on items?

The difficulty is scaled down so items with not so optimal stats are viable on low monster power levels. You have a better chance to find awesome loot but its no longer needed to complete the content. 

You basically get to play the game how you want now, keep the game at monster power 0 and inferno is only slightly harder than Hell mode. If you want to have a real challenge put monster power over 3 and mess around with the key wardens and infernal machine boss fights (fight two bosses at once). 

Playing: Nothing

Looking forward to: Nothing