Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMO you hate the most because of the fans

Comments

• azmundaiazmundai Member UncommonPosts: 1,419

Hello Kitty Online

LFD tools are great for cramming people into content, but quality > quantity.
    I am, usually on the sandbox .. more "hardcore" side of things, but I also do just want to have fun. So lighten up already :)

• kaliniskalinis Member Posts: 1,428

I don't hate the game. I don't know if i like gw 2 or not never having played it but they have the worst fans on this stie.

If anyone says something bad at all , LIke when they had 1000s of hacked accounts they say its not true, Or the ah, trade center thing was down for the first what month. But that was ok 

Its just that any opinion other hten gw2 reinvented gaming with them is wrong and thats it. I don't think its because of the people hating on gw 2 they are like that. 

These are after all the same people who have gone around downing every other game from rift to tor for months before gw2 ever came out. 

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by kalinis

I don't hate the game. I don't know if i like gw 2 or not never having played it but they have the worst fans on this stie.

If anyone says something bad at all , LIke when they had 1000s of hacked accounts they say its not true, Or the ah, trade center thing was down for the first what month. But that was ok 

Its just that any opinion other hten gw2 reinvented gaming with them is wrong and thats it. I don't think its because of the people hating on gw 2 they are like that. 

These are after all the same people who have gone around downing every other game from rift to tor for months before gw2 ever came out. 

Nope, they reinvented gaming. 

• TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423

Theres a bunch of different assholes on the internet, but theres two types that I've come to notice a lot over the years.

Theres a horde of online gamers that flock to any new game.  Among this horde are certain individuals that are dying to make a name for themselves on the next big mmo.  Not necessarily because they like the mmo, but more because they want the glory they saw other players have in previous mmos. 

Avoid them like the plague. 

They are prideful and easily angered.  They are a step below the elitist jerk, the wannabe elitist-jerk.  I've seen them in Warhammer, Aion, SWTOR, Tera, and GW2.  Because they aren't the best, but they so desperately want to be, they build up a lot of disappointment and anger, only to unleash a torrent of nerd rage at any given moment.

Then you have the elitist jerks.  These guys are kind of like muhammad ali - they claim they are the best or top tier, and they can usually back it up.  These are the guys that are the pest control for the wannabe elitist jerks.  They usually stick with and enjoy the mmo they are playing, but they are kind of dicks in real life and their personality carries over to online gaming.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575

Maybe I've just had bad luck but WOW players were the worst when I was playing.  But to be fair, I did meet some really cool people there as well. 

By contrast, Fallen Earth had a nice community.

• dalin89dalin89 Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by kalinis

I don't hate the game too .

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

GW2 easily, thinking all games should be b2p, ugh, GW2 is so bad

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168

I prefer the word dislike over the word hate  as hate is a strong emotion associated close to harmful thoughts. I don't dislike a game because of a few bad apples of their respective communities.

On this site I dislike the Swtor trolls, Darkfall fanatics ( havent seen many of them around lately) and gw2 fanatics (as they seem to think that the game shits rose pedals.)

worst community has got to be Eve Online hands down. Something about that game turns a kind person into a complete asshole. It happened to me.  

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    SWG. Funny thing is, that only happened years later, when there was a group of SWG hardcore fans who STILL couldn't let go and kept whining about an NGE etc. There came a time when annoyance with the attitude of its fans to wishing that the game had never existed at all. There is this big talk about the SWG community and how awesome and paradise it all was, and so much better than any other MMO.

Well, I got to be honest, if I have to judge the community aspect based on its SWG hardcore vets you encounter on all kinds of (MMO) game forums, then that's a community I feel no eagerness at all to get to know better.

2nd place would currently be GW2, overall it's all peachy, ingame and such (I picked my server with care), but there's a core of overzealous GW2 fans who surpass annoying WoW epeeners in their fanaticism and intolerance towards other MMO's. I get the feeling though that after GW2's launch that has become less, so maybe there's hope that time mellows everything and everyone - except maybe hardcore SWG fans and the MMO-less, dissatisfied-and-bored-out-of-their-life part of the mmorpg.com crowd :-)
  • FoomerangFoomerang Member UncommonPosts: 5,628

Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Originally posted by Foomerang Yeah the over zealous gw2 fans are lulz: "If you like xyz instead of gw2 thats fine. I hope you enjoy yourself. Personally, i have evolved past that archaic style and could never revisit that trash. But you go ahead and have fun with that mmkay?"
    And that is why GW2 fans are the way they are.  You say you dont like them, but you belittle them and call them names based purely on you not liking the game.

umm. whoosh?
  • DeivosDeivos Member EpicPosts: 3,692

Pretty sure he got it, he was just pointing out that your post was derisive and mocking in the way you were portaying another person as derisive and mocking.

"The knowledge of the theory of logic has no tendency whatever to make men good reasoners." - Thomas B. Macaulay

"The greatest enemy of knowledge is not ignorance, it is the illusion of knowledge." - Daniel J. Boorstin

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    I do not hate any MMO because of it's fans, however I have been around PC gaming long enough to know different games attract different players.
  • miagisanmiagisan Member Posts: 5,156

i actually love the EVE community....lol

But GW2 or DF fans drive me to really avoid those games.

• SkuzSkuz Member UncommonPosts: 1,018

Mortal Online, they seem to crawl out of the wordwork every few months to drum up more suckers by espousing how the game is growing exponentially (while remaining in decline somehow).

• AlBQuirkyAlBQuirky Member EpicPosts: 7,432

Originally posted by Deivos
    Pretty sure he got it, he was just pointing out that your post was derisive and mocking in the way you were portaying another person as derisive and mocking.
    There is a reason he put the quoted text in quotes. Or maybe I misread that...

- Al

Personally the only modern MMORPG trend that annoys me is the idea that MMOs need to be designed in a way to attract people who don't actually like MMOs. Which to me makes about as much sense as someone trying to figure out a way to get vegetarians to eat at their steakhouse.
    - FARGIN_WAR

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

GW2 by far. Its like the people who were hailing SWTOR as the best thing ever finally found something else that sucks to try and hype up.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• JemcrystalJemcrystal Member UncommonPosts: 1,984
    While I am not a fan of the average WoW fan they are still a step above the MMORPG.com forums posting crowd.  IF this site was an MMO or better yet if everyone on these forums played the same MMO, it would easily have the worst community of all time, I would even say it would make Barrens Chat look like Sunday Church.

Disagree.  These forums have a lot of intelligent verbatim and respectable posters.  I have left a lot of mmo's behind where the forum community was poorly moderated and filled to capacity with trolls, trolls, trolls, trolls, trolls, trolls, and more trolls.    

So it's not really the fans but the ....

...that ruin games for me.

I'm happy the fans are excited for the game they're playing.  

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal
    While I am not a fan of the average WoW fan they are still a step above the MMORPG.com forums posting crowd.  IF this site was an MMO or better yet if everyone on these forums played the same MMO, it would easily have the worst community of all time, I would even say it would make Barrens Chat look like Sunday Church.

Disagree.  These forums have a lot of intelligent verbatim and respectable posters.  I have left a lot of mmo's behind where the forum community was poorly moderated and filled to capacity with trolls, trolls, trolls, trolls, trolls, trolls, and more trolls.    

That's sucha  cop out excuse. Trolls don't ruin games. Bad games ruin games. You and others need to hold game companies accountable for their fail projects and stop blindly throwing your money behind them. Its suckers like you and 80% of the others on this site that hype up games they've never tried from companies with questionable histories. You people are the reason bad games are created. Because they can make a pile of crap, put some window dressing on it and you'll buy it and help them profit so they can move on to the next pile of dung they're going to sell you and your friends. Wake up dude.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    Mostly i would say that fans of any game are a good thing, about the only ones i would  say are particularly bad, are the ones i encountered in Global Agenda, but they may well just have been a particularly 'foul mouthed' minority..  a game tends to live or die by its player community, i've been lucky enough that i've played in several games with  fantastic player communities, hating on a game because of the people who play it is kind of a weird one though, as MMO players tend to be more 'socially' orientated anyway, or at least they used to be image
  • Oracle_FefeOracle_Fefe Member CommonPosts: 221
    Originally posted by ZigZags
    Originally posted by Jemcrystal

That's sucha  cop out excuse. Trolls don't ruin games. Bad games ruin games. You and others need to hold game companies accountable for their fail projects and stop blindly throwing your money behind them. Its suckers like you and 80% of the others on this site that hype up games they've never tried from companies with questionable histories. You people are the reason bad games are created. Because they can make a pile of crap, put some window dressing on it and you'll buy it and help them profit so they can move on to the next pile of dung they're going to sell you and your friends. Wake up dude.

While I do believe that bad games ruin games too, trolls can ruin the gaming experience for a person.

You can play the greatest game ever. If that game has a community filled to the brim with elitists, jerks, people who call you out on every mistake, or you name it, then people just may put down the game altogether instead of having to ask the company for a larger ignore list.

League of Legends may be a MOBA, but it is usual to see someone quit because of negativity. Some pkers/pvpers in runescape quit (If not just turned off public chat) because their enemies would usually act demoralizing rather than respectful or just tolerant. I've had a case with GW2 where I was being told off by a strawman group in dungeons saying strategies and coordinated thinking is for WoW and "This isnt wow". Of course I'm not going to quit from any of that, but it is obvious that someone had.

Arenanet has no questionable history other than an original game. However, Guild Wars 2 has been praised and any constructive talk against it is either met with respect, "This game is not for you." or with disgust. People are stating such things are also happening in TESO forums but I've no proof.

• GinazGinaz Member RarePosts: 2,470

Hate is really too strong of a word but the GW2 fanatics soured me on the game quite a bit.

OMG BEST GAME EVER!!!  INOVATION!!!  SUB MODEL IS DEAD!!!  HOW CAN YOU NOT SEE HOW GREAT IT IS???  WATCH THESE VIDEOS!!!

Is a man not entitled to the herp of his derp?

Remember, I live in a world where juggalos and yugioh players are real things.

• lavosslayerlavosslayer Member Posts: 55

I like the way you think!

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by Deivos

I thought it sounded like a believable quote.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Kind of a tie between Darkfall and Eve.
  • blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643

Originally posted by KingJiggly

Originally posted by Psychow

Originally posted by KingJiggly

Originally posted by Psychow

Originally posted by Foomerang Yeah the over zealous gw2 fans are lulz: "If you like xyz instead of gw2 thats fine. I hope you enjoy yourself. Personally, i have evolved past that archaic style and could never revisit that trash. But you go ahead and have fun with that mmkay?"
      But...but...even the "news" articles here say it's a "game changer!"
    It is :D
      I sure hope not, because it was the fastest I'd ever become bored with an MMO. I'm sure the experiece may be different for others, but for me...meh.
     Still a game changer. :D

How is it a game changer? Honestly, I was surprised how much it felt like wow. Yeah, I know it's a step further than the hordes of WoW-clones that have been popping out the last several years, but only by that comparison is GW2 different. To me, it was almost the exact same experience as WoW. Don't get me wrong, I don't think it's a bad game; I don't think WoW is a bad game either. However, they're pretty similar in terms of the experience.

This discussion has been closed.