Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Terms of use copied from LoL

WarZ copied the ToS from Leauge of Legends,

http://i.imgur.com/EBOr7.jpg

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283
    does it really matter? its a tos
  • CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Another thing putting me off spending £49.99 for a beta.. They seem a little lazy, the website and launcher are also horribly made.
  • DotixDotix Member Posts: 10
    Originally posted by Raxeon

http://imgur.com/a/SvNg5

he game is a exact copy of a game called WarInc, just added zombies

i had an extra 30 and months ago this game wasnt as far in devolpmeant
  • erictlewiserictlewis Member UncommonPosts: 3,022

Wow that is really lazy to copy sombody elses tos,  I wonder if they can legaly hold you to any type of contract if you agree to that.

Originally posted by Dotix

looks like they reused some assets to save time and money

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Haha... the sad thing? This is done by a LOT of people, though they did quite a silly slip up there. No one saw that all the oil companies had identicle safety reports? Far easier to copy and paste rather then to create their own since really, they don't have much reason to do anything original.

As far as copying War Inc... Yeah, they did, of course! Lot cheaper to reuse a lot of stuff then to create completely new, specially since some of those elements are things that WOULD be seen in the WarZ game in some form. Its their own game so really I don't have much of a problem with them doing it, specially since other game companies do this all the time. Now if its literally a carbon copy of the game with everything being identicle without having any content added, then we have some problems.

They likely WERE aiming for this game though the success of Day Z sparked pushing this out quicker and likely reusing more content. I'm sure they did take elements for Day Z, much like every other game out there does the same (You know that WoW game? Virutally None of its main features they add tend to be original, which isn't exactly bad either considering features like LFG and the likes can be actually benefitial to making the game better). 

Originally posted by Purutzil

Haha... the sad thing? This is done by a LOT of people, though they did quite a silly slip up there. No one saw that all the oil companies had identicle safety reports? Far easier to copy and paste rather then to create their own since really, they don't have much reason to do anything original.

As far as copying War Inc... Yeah, they did, of course! Lot cheaper to reuse a lot of stuff then to create completely new, specially since some of those elements are things that WOULD be seen in the WarZ game in some form. Its their own game so really I don't have much of a problem with them doing it, specially since other game companies do this all the time. Now if its literally a carbon copy of the game with everything being identicle without having any content added, then we have some problems.

yep people just like to nit pick it jus tlooks like they reused assets from warinc and updated them.

and im pretty sure darkfall Uw is doing the same thing but there not the same game

They likely WERE aiming for this game though the success of Day Z sparked pushing this out quicker and likely reusing more content. I'm sure they did take elements for Day Z, much like every other game out there does the same (You know that WoW game? Virutally None of its main features they add tend to be original, which isn't exactly bad either considering features like LFG and the likes can be actually benefitial to making the game better). 

WarInc is not their game

WarInc is not their game

then they just copyed the assets or got permission to use them

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by curriertemporary

Lmao, nice prime example of companies sucking these idiots for money, I saw DayZ and WarZ monthes ago, took a little peek and figured out they are shit.

How fucking retarded are most of you?

do you really need to copy your own posts from thread to thread?

and please seek help and/or medication.

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977

WarInc is not their game

Jesus. Every thread on this site is full of incredibly intelligent people bickering back and forth about absolutely nothing. There was sarcasm in that last sentence, up to you to figure out where.

Do some information on the companies behind War Z and War Inc. Do some research into the subsidary company putting out War Z. Then come back and let's have the conversation about, "it's not their game." Hammerpoint is a subsidary, only created to publish War Z. There's plenty of sources of information out there, use them. 

So what, they're modding their own game. Some of my favorite titles were Half-Life and Half-Life 2 mods. And a company modding their own title just means they are more familiar with the assets. 

• curriertemporarycurriertemporary Member Posts: 7
    Re-using assets is good, re-using them without finesse or creativity and pretty much a sad mockery is is not good, and what the human race tends to do.
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

WarInc is not their game

Sergey Titov: In our experience with previous games we've funded (Online Warmongers published "War Inc Battle Zone")

http://www.ign.com/wikis/the-war-z

They are using War Incs game engine, having been the ones to fund it. So yes, it IS their game, or more so they have the rights to use it. Heck, War inc players are even getting beta access to War Z

http://forums.thewarinc.com/showthread.php?11682-War-Z-Beta-Access

• FrodoFraginsFrodoFragins Member EpicPosts: 5,898

<delete me>

• revy66revy66 Member Posts: 464
    Guys relax, not the first time. Other great games like Mortal online also copied their TOS from other companies.image
  • rtbbvrrtbbvr Member UncommonPosts: 163

This pulled from the FAQs may shed some light on the matter. 

Arktos Entertainment Group LLC is a Los Angeles based, private equity and investment company founded by Sergey Titov - ex Technical Director of Riot Games. The company funds cool game projects and also heavily invests in the development of next generation online game engine technology. We met them when we started doing contract development for Online Warmongers Group - a portfolio company of Arktos, and the developers of War Inc. Battle Zone, a free-to-play online shooter (you can check it out here - http://www.thewarinc.com ). At that time we were creating a prototype of War Z using UDK and when we got our hands on their own Eclipse engine we were super impressed. So when Sergey offered to back the development and provide the engine license, we agreed.

• benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114

There's nothing unusual about reusing standard agreements from other sources. People do it all the time in the legal world. A lot of people need basic legal documents/agreements with the same kinds of conditions and statements. Most wills are identical...the only difference being who gets the dead guys stuff.

Originally posted by benit59

There's nothing unusual about reusing standard agreements from other sources. People do it all the time in the legal world. A lot of people need basic legal documents/agreements with the same kinds of conditions and statements. Most wills are identical...the only difference being who gets the dead guys stuff.

It is the exact same animations, models, vehicles, textures, lighting, everything is the exact same but some blood a different character screen and one button removed. They changed the colores and added a background image, it is basically 90% of WarInc

• SynthetickSynthetick Member Posts: 977
    Originally posted by benit59

It is the exact same animations, models, vehicles, textures, lighting, everything is the exact same but some blood a different character screen and one button removed. They changed the colores and added a background image, it is basically 90% of WarInc

You do know there's PLENTY of videos, proof, and evidence floating around supporting you, right? Why are you debating this, Dotix? Do some research. War Z is essentially a stand-alone WarInc mod, created by a subsidary company owned by the creators of WarInc.

I'm as surprised as seeing the differences as I am from any stand-alone Source game. You guys are beating a dead horse.

• phantomghostphantomghost Member UncommonPosts: 738

Part that gets me... did you actually read/skim this?

Sounds like you put more time into this than they did lol.

• irpugbossirpugboss Member UncommonPosts: 427

I dont blame them using another companies TOS, usually its all the same stuff anyways...only difference being some nouns. Those differences in nouns, by the way, will cost a company several thousands of dollars for a BS lawyer to change them at 350 dollars an hour at least.

So really this should be standard for companies who arent in the habit of burning money. Spending money on a lawyer to do the same exact thing using a sperate "Boiler plate" document + new nouns is just silly and overpriced.

I have worked with several lawyers for such things and from my experience working with them I have learned how full of it and overpaid they are, I am glad to see companies skipping on their nonsense when possible. The entire legal industry needs a nice jolt of reality, the kind only offered by companies realizing how easy most of their work is...not all of it, but in the case of TOS and standard contracts it is realllllllllly BS as they prey on ignorance.

...although this company is definitly guilty of not doing proper editing of the TOS before public viewing, and hopefully this isnt indicative of their diligence with coding or other game related work lol.

• InlorInlor Member Posts: 37

WarZ copied the ToS from Leauge of Legends,

http://i.imgur.com/EBOr7.jpg

Well,  o.k., copying ToS from League of Legends... why not?

But forgetting to edit the name of the game... Priceless

Klick

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

To me there is no such thing as a TOS, or Terms of use.

The most they do is ban your account/IP.

You change your IP/hardware info you go back they cant keep you out without a court order or lawsuit.

with this said you can always debate against a game company if you know how, I never took Enmasse to court but I sure was right about their company major loss in servers/subscribers, and filed complaints about their company on sites like RIP-OFF report etc.

Did i get banned nope wouldn't look too good on them.

Not that I encourage griefing, or breaking of such, however on the internet I would say the rules of the internet apply anywhere on quite a few of them.

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

Those are standardized, and if you want to hold an ISO standard they pretty much NEED to be identical.

I guess you just don't know how that part of the world works, huh.

TOS are similair, although not in the same sense. If what the OP says is true (who cares, really), they really should've written their own TOS.

Also, as many pointed out, nothing in a TOS can take precedence over local laws, so most of that crap is completely useless. The most they can do is make sure they have the right to stop providing you a service.

This discussion has been closed.