Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Is the game polished and playable or should I wait until release? The website and launcher put me of

Since they're being greedy and charging for beta, and even more to get in half a month earlier I'm a little skeptical about 'buying' it to get into beta.

Has anyone managed to get online yet to test it out? If so, how is it?

Comments

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

Do you know what an ALPHA IS serisouly

and im not being mean im really asking you

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Out of curiosity, if polished and playable are concerns you have with games, why do you play alphas/betas?

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

Not really being greedy, they are charging to support the game. A lot of games do this, case in point of a big name game Minecraft did just that, offering you a chance to get in the game for a lower price (I payed I believe $10, back when beta was just about getting started) and it leads support and often gets you in for a bit cheaper price then what it will be at launch. 

Its all up to you. It seems from what I see it looks like its in pretty good shape though I've not played it to really pass final judgement. Just don't judge them by being 'greedy' for charging, because your basically putting every single game out there on that platform since I know extremely few games that actually go about doing a 'closed beta' where everyone can get in without an invite or paying.

Originally posted by curriertemporary

Anyone can make a game on 'generic hero rpg maker' and sell it for $50 + monthly subsciption, takes proper marketing to the masses of people.

Ooo Oo, can I see your generic RPG you made so I can play it?  I really want to play it cause I totally think you know what your saying and not trying to get your post banned by sparking 'rage' through knowing ignorance!

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by Purutzil

Anyone can make a game on 'generic hero rpg maker' and sell it for $50 + monthly subsciption, takes proper marketing to the masses of people.

Ooo Oo, can I see your generic RPG you made so I can play it?  I really want to play it cause I totally think you know what your saying and not trying to get your post banned by sparking 'rage' through knowing ignorance!

I would like too see his generic RPG too . 

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Originally posted by roo67

Me too 

Look at SWTOR dumbass's.

Oh you made that? Whats your name on there? How was it like to create that generic RPG you made that anyone could make? Can I get your signature for my SWTOR game so I can brag that I know someone who actually made that game? 

• NavacNavac Member Posts: 37
    I crash about every 5 minutes or so.  I asked people in proximity chat if they were experiencing similar problems and many people said they were having the same problem.  Almost every person I meet tries to club me in the face with their flash light.  Damnit.  I would wait a few days at least
    flash light clubbing best game ever
  • JakdstripperJakdstripper Member RarePosts: 2,410

my only question is: can you enter all buildings?

...absolutely cannot stand all the closed buildings in Dayz.

• NavacNavac Member Posts: 37
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

Nope you can't enter every building : /

probly more than day z
  • NaiperNaiper Member Posts: 12
    How can they have 2 weeks Alpha? Game devs now pretty much use Alpha Beta whatever as a way to charge extra for early release.
    well server is patching now
  • CakeisyummehCakeisyummeh Member Posts: 194
    Originally posted by Raxeon

Do you know what an ALPHA IS serisouly

and im not being mean im really asking you

An Alpha for two weeks?

Yeah okay <: enjoy being milked.

• benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by roo67

I'm not sure what we are talking about, but it sounds kinky.

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    wow you guys really misconstrued what he was saying with the rpg maker thing. 
  • moguy2moguy2 Member Posts: 337

I kissed a rpg and I liked it.

The taste of her cherry night stick.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

That has been fixed for the stand alone version, all buildings will be enterable.

Remember DayZ as it is now is just a mod of an existing game, hence why you can't go in buildings etc, the original game was never designed to have that be possible.

• SlickShoesSlickShoes Member UncommonPosts: 1,019
    Anyway, does anyone want to say what this game plays like now that people have access? I get that there is an NDA but still I am not putting down money on a game with a cash shop before I know more about it.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Cakeisyummeh

Since they're being greedy and charging for beta, and even more to get in half a month earlier I'm a little skeptical about 'buying' it to get into beta.

Has anyone managed to get online yet to test it out? If so, how is it?

err what they are offering pre-orders with different extras? every gaem has pre-orers and most these days get you into beta.

Currently the game is in an alpha test state i would not think its very playable infact i would imagine its gonig to brake qutie a bit, but thats what alpha tests are for.

If you dont want to be invovled with testing a game at the alpha stage then hold off until release otherwise you will just be upset with the game not worknig all the time.

When it does enter beta they will probally add more things in but its still in a testing phase where things wont work and there will be horrible balance issues.

• Species5021Species5021 Member Posts: 44

From what i have seen and heard around the community the specs needed to play it well are going to be HIGH.

Do not expect the game to look and play remotely like DayZ. It is a different game entirely.

Compared to Dayz it is a lot easier, the zombies are not that much of a threat, other players are. Guns are easy to find as far as i have seen. Think more of a pvp enabled enlarged world of left 4 dead.

If you are unsure to buy yourself into the beta then just wait, from what i've heard there are tons of people that will livestream it so you can get a really good impression that way.

The game will be free to play when it launches i think it was, so basically you will now buy an incomplete product which will be free later.

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    I think you will still need to buy the game when its released... it will be $30
  • benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    Originally posted by Caldrin
    I think you will still need to buy the game when its released... it will be $30

This is correct. The game will be $30 at release. The perks to preorder are of course access to the Alpha/Beta, but also Stronghold server rental credit and bonus in-game currency. As well as the cool forum icons!

There is an NDA for all Alpha/Beta participants up till Nov 5th. Technically live streams are against the terms of that agreement right now, but I'm not sure how they plan on enforcing it.

The game is barely functional at the moment. I did get my game client downloaded and updated last night, but I was unable to join a game. This wasn't the case for everyone. A lot of people have gotten in and played, but the Alpha bug list is long at the moment.

Just keep in mind that if you want to preorder the game...then do it. No one should pay for the game now though and expect to log in and play a fully functional game. For people not used to early development testing, the experience could be annoying and distasteful.