Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Early Beta Access Launches at 2:30pm Pacific

2»

Comments

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

In case you missed it:

Download HERE.  

GO GO GO !
    http://arktos-icdn.pandonetworks.com/WarZ_WebSetup.exe

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion
    Originally posted by Lawlmonster
    Luckily, a friend of mine is handing out guest passes like it ain't no thang. I'm still on the fence, but I'm glad I'll get to try it before spending my hard earned cash. The whole product seems fishy to me.

Those guest passes can't be used until the 31st, hopefully you're already aware of that.

Yeah, I'm not sure that I mentioned anything about being able to play this on the 15th with a pass, but thanks for the information.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

Yeah, I'm not sure that I mentioned anything about being able to play this on the 15th with a pass, but thanks for the information.

Sorry for trying to be helpful, I forgot what site I was on.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

You 'tried to be helpful' in a way that he might think was 'smug' or 'condescending' then when he replies in turn you get all huffy.

What was gained?

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381
    I really hope this game is good. The mmo community needs something fresh and new. No more War, Rogue, Mage bullcrap with a different name.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Laughing-man

You 'tried to be helpful' in a way that he might think was 'smug' or 'condescending' then when he replies in turn you get all huffy.

What was gained?

I fail to see how my comment could have been interpreted as smug or condescending, but alrighty.

The only intent was to be informative, as he left the impression (to me personally) that he thought he could play today. I simply wanted to make sure he was aware so he didn't get excited and then end up disappointed.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654

What was gained?

I fail to see how my comment could have been interpreted as smug or condescending, but alrighty.

The only intent was to be informative, as he left the impression (to me personally) that he thought he could play today. I simply wanted to make sure he was aware so he didn't get excited and then end up disappointed.

Again, its how things are interpeted, its text.  As I'm sure you've realized its difficult to decern the "tone" of someone's post. 

You however have assumed the worst, and it appears you enjoy doing so, every post I've seen you make has been bashing the community here.  You are a part of it now, make a difference in a good way.  

• Panther2103Panther2103 Member EpicPosts: 5,766
    This game is actually pretty cool so far. Players are a bit of a hassle seeing as they are very childish in game but it definately adds to the surviving aspect. My first 10 minutes in game I saw a few flashlights going around, then all of a sudden saw I was getting hurt, a player was hitting me with a flashlight. Turned around pissed off and ended up killing him. Then I minimized the game for a second to check sound settings for a voice chat program, came back in to hear the music of death and a player tea bagging my body.  30 seconds later while I was seeing how long he would stand on top of my dead body I saw 4 zombies run up and kill him. It was awesome. I can see myself playing this for a while.
  • n00bitn00bit Member UncommonPosts: 345
    Originally posted by Panther2103
    This game is actually pretty cool so far. Players are a bit of a hassle seeing as they are very childish in game but it definately adds to the surviving aspect. My first 10 minutes in game I saw a few flashlights going around, then all of a sudden saw I was getting hurt, a player was hitting me with a flashlight. Turned around pissed off and ended up killing him. Then I minimized the game for a second to check sound settings for a voice chat program, came back in to hear the music of death and a player tea bagging my body.  30 seconds later while I was seeing how long he would stand on top of my dead body I saw 4 zombies run up and kill him. It was awesome. I can see myself playing this for a while.

Had a similar experience. 10 feet from the spawn point I get clubbed w/ a flashlight, and as the guy is looting my remains, another person comes up and clubs him. I imagine this is how it would be in  an IRL zombie apocalpyse. I love it.

• FearumFearum Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Game looks weak so far, not as gritty as dayz. Hope dayz standalone comes out soon because this thing isnt going to cut it for me.
  • LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085

What was gained?

Uh, haha. I replied with, "Yeah, I'm not sure that I mentioned anything about being able to play this on the 15th with a pass, but thanks for the information," because I thought it seemed neutral enough as to be deemed polite, regardless of the intent to the poster I responded. Seriously, thanks for the information; that's what I meant. Apologies.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• fascismfascism Member UncommonPosts: 428

lol they copy and pasted the LoL TOS

http://i.imgur.com/EBOr7.jpg

• MaggonMaggon Member UncommonPosts: 360
    Originally posted by fascism

lol they copy and pasted the LoL TOS

http://i.imgur.com/EBOr7.jpg

Either they already changed that, or it's been photoshopped.. not sure, since it diddent say that when I logged in 6 hours ago

• roo67roo67 Member Posts: 402
    Originally posted by Fearum
    Game looks weak so far, not as gritty as dayz. Hope dayz standalone comes out soon because this thing isnt going to cut it for me.

I've been looking at ingame  footage to get a feel what both of these games are like . The War Z seems a lot more gritty than the Day Z to me .

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t38ud_gh59c war z gameplay

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mxdHnbci1cg day z gameplay

To be honest I think both look good and worth playing . War Z does seem to have the edge graphically and I gather the Zombies in it are more generic of traditional zombie movies also theres a lot more of them in it than the Day Z according to reports I've read .

I really don't know which one will be better at the end of the day but it seems the whole WoW vs EQ2  battle will be fought out again in online forums over Zombies this time .

Day Z fans seem to hate the War Z because its similar in its theme and has been released earlier as a stand alone .

Personally I just love the Zombie genre I couldn't care less if there were 10 games like this . Theres always enough Zombies to go around in an appolyse after all .

• rmk70rmk70 Member UncommonPosts: 408
    So is this game any good?
  • johnc3najohnc3na Member UncommonPosts: 12
    day z standalone is coming out later this year. so it's not that far away. this game just doesn't have the same feeling as day z. if u kill someone here it doesn't feel the same as if u killed someone in day z. overall the graphics are better but the game play isn't and the day z standalone should have similar graphics anyway.