Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Helm's Hold Profiled in New Trailer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Perfect World Entertainment and Cryptic Studios have released a brand new Neverwinter trailer featuring the Helm's Hold location from the game. The trailer premiered at last weekend's New York Comic Con. The video also features some terrific lore and combat sequences. Check it out!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Must be me, but I am not impressed.  The graphics look quite dated IMO.  
  • PurutzilPurutzil Member UncommonPosts: 3,048

I remember when graphics < Gameplay. Now people seem to bash anything that doesn't have astonishing graphics, even if gameplay might be superior...

Anyways seems interesting enough, truthfully the thing that makes me most curious is just how a 'dungeon master' might get involved, or at least the editing tool to create your own dungeons and the likes. If they can make it a lot of DnD and really expand to have user created campaigns, it could really make the game a very interesting experience.

• Mike-McQueenMike-McQueen Member UncommonPosts: 267
    They probably look a lot better on your monitor than that I'm sure. I gotta say I'm a huge D&D fan, especially forgotten realms, but for me the casualness is the turn off. With the forge it sounds like it has good replayability which is a big plus, but its just a huge IDK right now. Another title I can't not buy though so I guess we'll see.

I'm a unique and beautiful snowflake.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619
    If you dont like the current gameplay in CO or STO you probably wont like this one.  Same engine, same heavy instancing, almost identical foundry and same lockbox features are almost guaranteed. 
    "Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• Azaron_NightbladeAzaron_Nightblade Member EpicPosts: 4,829
    Originally posted by Purutzil

I remember when graphics < Gameplay. Now people seem to bash anything that doesn't have astonishing graphics, even if gameplay might be superior...

Anyways seems interesting enough, truthfully the thing that makes me most curious is just how a 'dungeon master' might get involved, or at least the editing tool to create your own dungeons and the likes. If they can make it a lot of DnD and really expand to have user created campaigns, it could really make the game a very interesting experience.

Sadly since it's an MMO I doubt there will be dungeon master involvement =/

Makes me miss Bioware's Neverwinter Nights and the persistent worlds I used to play on before they went poof...

My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)

https://www.ashesofcreation.com/ref/Callaron/

• SentimeSentime Member UncommonPosts: 270

Ugh that UI looks terrible.

What's with the BIG blocky damage numbers, HUGE nameplates, overdone heath bar on your target?  

Hope you can customize that.

• XarkoXarko Member EpicPosts: 1,180
    Doesnt look so bad after watching Transformers universe trailer :)
  • AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by Sentime

Ugh that UI looks terrible.

What's with the BIG blocky damage numbers, HUGE nameplates, overdone heath bar on your target?  

Hope you can customize that.

Tablet-friendly, just like Ultima Forever

I particularily like how you could do in excess of 3000 damage in a supposedly DnD game....

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    one thing i find odd is the pauses when using abilities when watching the video.. watch the combat and before each ability is used there's an akward pause(not sure if i'm describing it right) sort of like the animation has a default position it goes to before the ability goes off. Just looks off to me.. i dunno

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RimmersmanRimmersman Member Posts: 885
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    one thing i find odd is the pauses when using abilities when watching the video.. watch the combat and before each ability is used there's an akward pause(not sure if i'm describing it right) sort of like the animation has a default position it goes to before the ability goes off. Just looks off to me.. i dunno

Nope i don't see it all, it's you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iChQDIuPO0

Originally posted by Rimmersman

Nope i don't see it all, it's you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iChQDIuPO0

can see it in that video as well must be me then animations don't look like they flow together well.. although who knows what build those videos are and it's something that could be improved upon.

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• MMOGamer71MMOGamer71 Member UncommonPosts: 1,988
    Originally posted by Xarko
    Doesnt look so bad after watching Transformers universe trailer :)

lol

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    They screwed people who preordered TL2 just for a beta key.  They really made it sound like the day TL2 came out you'd get in the beta.  Here we are and still not even a date of when it starts.
  • Nemesis7884Nemesis7884 Member UncommonPosts: 1,023
    na they always made clear that the moment youll get into beta is uncertain...besides, tl2 is a good game and i strongly assume you'd bought it anyway
  • TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I get what you mean.. it's like a sort of hangtime on certain moves. Personally, I like it. I think it adds more bang when you hit them. I can also see it being useful as a visual aid for counter moves or proccing other things just before a move (If they are including that sort of thing). I prefer this sort of thing over a global cooldown anyway, that's for sure.

Guess it's just a matter of taste.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

I wonder if my custom chat channels in Champions Online will be present in Neverwinter the moment I log in.

It's what happened with Star Trek Online after all.

Just a reskinned game.

• WendettaWendetta Member Posts: 30

Huge ugly numbers greater than 1000 popping up as damage in a "DnD" game?

Oh yeah...Perfect World. This is their chinaman's version of DnD. Damage rolls are probably off 10d100 spherical dice.

Proud Member of the A.F-D-A. [Anti Fanboy-Defense-Army]Association for a Better Tomorrow or [A.F-D-A.]AfaBT, in short.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Talonsin
    If you dont like the current gameplay in CO or STO you probably wont like this one.  Same engine, same heavy instancing, almost identical foundry and same lockbox features are almost guaranteed. 

1.  The engine is the only thing that you got correct, but that alone is nothing to complain about.

2.  Neverwinter had heavy instancing when it was under development while Cryptic still belonged to Atari.  When PWE took charge, much of the instancing was removed to make a more open world MMO.  Besides, instancing does not guarantee a bad game (just look at Phantasy Star Online 2, an MMO that actually is heavily instanced).

3.  Last I heard, the NWO foundry is only based on the STO foundry, but vastly improved.

4.  I am sick and tired of people claiming that there will be lockboxes in NWO.  There are no lockboxes in CO, only in STO, and even then they are not something that breaks the game, just a minor annoyance that can be easily ignored.  There is no guarantee that lockboxes will be in NWO; until there is an official announcement, every statement regarding them in NWO is pure speculation based on and backed up by zero evidence.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by Vannor

I get what you mean.. it's like a sort of hangtime on certain moves. Personally, I like it. I think it adds more bang when you hit them. I can also see it being useful as a visual aid for counter moves or proccing other things just before a move (If they are including that sort of thing). I prefer this sort of thing over a global cooldown anyway, that's for sure.

Guess it's just a matter of taste.

yea guess it is matter of tastes but at least you see what I'm seeing

• ElboneElbone Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Originally posted by Wendetta

Huge ugly numbers greater than 1000 popping up as damage in a "DnD" game?

Oh yeah...Perfect World. This is their chinaman's version of DnD. Damage rolls are probably off 10d100 spherical dice.

My first thoughts on that video too. I was wondering how big of a table i'd need just to put the dices on :D.

• shantidevashantideva Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Look at my Lvl2 Paladin, he has 900hp's.

"Train by day, Joe Rogan podcast by night, all day!"

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

1.  The engine is the only thing that you got correct, but that alone is nothing to complain about.

2.  Neverwinter had heavy instancing when it was under development while Cryptic still belonged to Atari.  When PWE took charge, much of the instancing was removed to make a more open world MMO.  Besides, instancing does not guarantee a bad game (just look at Phantasy Star Online 2, an MMO that actually is heavily instanced).

3.  Last I heard, the NWO foundry is only based on the STO foundry, but vastly improved.

4.  I am sick and tired of people claiming that there will be lockboxes in NWO.  There are no lockboxes in CO, only in STO, and even then they are not something that breaks the game, just a minor annoyance that can be easily ignored.  There is no guarantee that lockboxes will be in NWO; until there is an official announcement, every statement regarding them in NWO is pure speculation based on and backed up by zero evidence.

It is ok to be positive about a game, but when you look at the games in PW's stable, almost everyone has game breaking item shop items.  That is why it is smart to be cautious about this game.  

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Originally posted by MadDemon64

It is ok to be positive about a game, but when you look at the games in PW's stable, almost everyone has game breaking item shop items.  That is why it is smart to be cautious about this game.  

There is being cautious, and then there is writting off a game that you have no experience with because of fears that are either baseless or ignorable.

Plus, his "cash shop fear" is the lockboxes.  Lockboxes are, unlike what a lot of people here seem to think, not gamebreaking and not the nuisance they claim it to be, not to mention they are only in Star Trek Online and not Cryptics more popular game Champions Online.  If they were, then why did ArenaNet adopt the exact same system for their Black Lion Chests  (oh, and lockboxes offer better rewards for opening them than the chests)?

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Game looks amazing. This will be the game I play along side of Final Fantasy XIV A Realm Reborn.
  • SeptdeezSeptdeez Member UncommonPosts: 21
    I personally think it looked good, would love to give it a try.