Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The War Z: Early Beta Access Launches at 2:30pm Pacific

BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Confirmed via The War Z's official Facebook page, the game's early beta access will begin at 2:30pm Pacific, 5:30pm Eastern. 

2:30PM PST LAUNCH CONFIRMED !

Check link in your order receipt after 2:30PM PST

Players who have ponied up and pre-ordered the game will be able to begin downloading and playing the post-apocalyptic MMOFPS this afternoon and evening barring any server issues.

EDIT: Remember those server issues we talked about? Yeah, TheWarZ.com's download page is currently down, and hopefully soon it will allow us all to start our downloads and beta-playing. As of 6:05pm EDT, the community team posted this:

3:05PM UPDATE : Final checks are in progress. Still there're some issues with game availability in Oceania and SEA regions.

Head over to www.thewarz.com for more information.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Comments

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Looking forward to this! I loves me some zombie survival.

Joined - July 2004

• benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114
    I'm just curious how they are hosting the client files. If anyone is hosting a mirror or seeding a torrent. Post it here!
  • squad22345squad22345 Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Don;t know to get this or the new Medal of Honor game... Hate when everything is so close on release dates.
  • rimaxo14rimaxo14 Member Posts: 118
    just ride it out and wait a day for peoples onpions 

EVGA FTW-3 MOBO X58
    EVGA GTX 580
    G.SKILL RIPJAW 12GB
    INTEL I7 950
    CORSAIR H70 CPU COOLER
    CORSAIR 1200W 80+GOLD

Originally posted by squad22345
    Don;t know to get this or the new Medal of Honor game... Hate when everything is so close on release dates.

This game looks like is going to have a long on-going development cycle. A lot of the game is sandbox in nature and is going to rely a lot on the players and communities for creating the "atmosphere" of the game.

Warfighter looks like its going to be a really good game, (Hitman Absolution looks even better.) but I know what to expect in some regards with that title. The War Z is exciting and unknown for me. It could be huge...or it could fall on its face.

• ComanComan Member UncommonPosts: 2,178
    Originally posted by heckz0r
    They ar liersss ... I buy the game from Romania GTM +2 they say in 15 will relise the game now i m in 16 Th so they liee .... in 14 min i will recall my money . 

The world does not revolve around you. I think when a company speak of a time it fair to assume they are watching there clocks and not yours. However they have given a time when they are trying to release it. Going to be within the hour (hopefully).

• LawlmonsterLawlmonster Member UncommonPosts: 1,085
    Luckily, a friend of mine is handing out guest passes like it ain't no thang. I'm still on the fence, but I'm glad I'll get to try it before spending my hard earned cash. The whole product seems fishy to me.

"This is life! We suffer and slave and expire. That's it!" -Bernard Black (Dylan Moran)

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Its stupid that they wait to download the game when the game launches.  Theres going to be alot of issues with this.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347
    Originally posted by Lawlmonster
    Luckily, a friend of mine is handing out guest passes like it ain't no thang. I'm still on the fence, but I'm glad I'll get to try it before spending my hard earned cash. The whole product seems fishy to me.

Those guest passes can't be used until the 31st, hopefully you're already aware of that.

• RaxeonRaxeon Member UncommonPosts: 2,283

im on the fence about this game : ( anyone want to give me a push over it to get it?

• BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Looks like 3pm EST now could be longer who knows. For those on the fence if you like Day Z then you will like this.
  • NakedFuryNakedFury Member UncommonPosts: 411
    Originally posted by Zylaxx
    Its stupid that they wait to download the game when the game launches.  Theres going to be alot of issues with this.

Completely agree with you. Mega retarded on their part to not give us the effin file before today. Just goes to show there are even morons in the development world.

Originally posted by Beacker
    Looks like 3pm EST now could be longer who knows. For those on the fence if you like Day Z then you will like this.

i didnt mine day z but this one looks better than day z so yea i jus put my order in : )

• VandarixVandarix Member UncommonPosts: 177
    Originally posted by Raxeon

im on the fence about this game : ( anyone want to give me a push over it to get it?

You will go Buy War Z and you will play it tonight.

You can't resist the Alpha Nina

Originally posted by Vandarix
    Originally posted by Raxeon

You will go Buy War Z and you will play it tonight.

You can't resist the Alpha Nina

i got it i had alil extra money

Their website is slammed it looks like...can't access download page.

• FalcomithFalcomith Member UncommonPosts: 830
    Originally posted by benit59

Their website is slammed it looks like...can't access download page.

I got on the page finally. Still has the same message that states they will try to have it up by 3pst, but they are trying to get it to launch worldwide through there provider.

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Can't get in, still down.
    Does anyone know where they post their updates to the community?  When I can access the forums, there no mention, and their Twitter feed hasnt been updated since the 12th.  Seems silly for them not to post updates to the community somewhere.

Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

Does anyone know where they post their updates to the community?  When I can access the forums, there no mention, and their Twitter feed hasnt been updated since the 12th.  Seems silly for them not to post updates to the community somewhere.

Unfortunately no. The times I have been able to access the download link which was about 20 mins ago stated....

"DEAR SURVIVORS,

WE’RE WORKING WITH OUR CDN PROVIDER TO ENSURE THAT GAME CLIENT IS AVAILABLE TO ALL PLAYERS AROUND THE WORLD AT SAME TIME. UNFORTUNATELY IT REQUIRED MORE TIME THAN WE’RE ANTICIPATED, AND WE’RE APOLOGIES FOR DELAYS WITH RELEASING GAME TO YOU. 

PLEASE VISIT THIS PAGE AFTER 3PM PST ( -8 GMT, PLEASE CHECK HTTP://24TIMEZONES.COM/ TO CONVERT TO YOUR LOCAL TIME ) 

THANK YOU AND SEE YOU IN COLORADO LATER TONIGHT !"

EDIT: Latest message but similar https://www.facebook.com/warzmmo

Dear Survivors,

We’re working with our CDN provider to ensure that game client is available to all players around the world at same time. Unfortunately it required more time than we’re anticipated, and we’re apologies for delays with releasing game to you. 

Thank you and see you in COLORADO later tonight !

3:05PM UPDATE : Final checks are in progress. Still there're some issues with game availability in Oceania and SEA regions.

• ReesRacerReesRacer Member UncommonPosts: 179

they've been better on the updates on FB, for better or worse.

as i've posted in The War Z forum, Sergey (excecutive producer) admitted that the incredible response to the game in recent days (weeks) means they anticipate almost certainly the game to break and servers to crash on day one of alpha testing. certainly this can't be a surprise given AAA games with massive studio support rarely have smooth official launches.

Originally posted by 9reesracer9

they've been better on the updates on FB, for better or worse.

as i've posted in The War Z forum, Sergey (excecutive producer) admitted that the incredible response to the game in recent days (weeks) means they anticipate almost certainly the game to break and servers to crash on day one of alpha testing. certainly this can't be a surprise given AAA games with massive studio support rarely have smooth official launches.

Can you keep us updated here? I dont do facebook.

I would feel better about this if I paid my $30 on Kickstarter.
    Devs posted update on FB. https://www.facebook.com/warzmmo GO GO GO!
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

In case you missed it:

Download HERE.  

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.