Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What kind of mmorpg would you create? No swords or dragons allowed

Comments

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paranoia_(role-playing_game)#section_4

I mean that as a mmo, would make darkfall look like a carebear game.
  • OtomoxOtomox Member UncommonPosts: 303
    Monster MMORPG like darkstalkers only in a mmorpg setting.
  • PsychowPsychow Member Posts: 1,784
    What about a "Honey I Shrunk the Kids" type MMO where a horrible accident has shrunk human civilization and mankind must now fight to survive agiant insects, critters and other predators that would pose a threat to them? Swords, spears, crossbows ect required.
  • Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Thebigthrill

No swords,dragons,magic,shields or wizards.

1. A prison mmorpg

2.A sky diving mmorpg

3.Cowboys vs Indians mmorpg

4.Musical mmorpg Start a rockband 

I would make a historical MMO. No dragons or magic, no but maybe one set in the Brittish islands 1066.

Or maybe Scandinavia 10th century, Japan during the Shogun era or maybe a musketeer MMO. There are so many possibilities.

With no swords or shields, then maybe a MMO based on Shadowrun (one not browserbased, but it do have dragons and magic still but together with cybernetics it is still different). Or maybe a dieselpunk MMO, possibly based on "Crimson skies"...

A Call of Cthulhu or Delta green MMO would also be cool...

the possibilities are really limitless.

• sacredfoolsacredfool Member UncommonPosts: 849
    Originally posted by grimgryphon
    A skydiving MMORPG? How do you level up? 

Using a trial and error method.

Originally posted by nethaniah

Seriously Farmville? Yeah I think it's great. In a World where half our population is dying of hunger the more fortunate half is spending their time harvesting food that doesn't exist.

• AtlanNorAtlanNor Member UncommonPosts: 38
    Take Secret world in a different direction and make it more of a combat style game like Tera or DCUO and base it around the concept of the show Supernatural.  There ya go...
  • kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Had another idea too:

Any of you remember Solar Jetman : Hunt for the Golden Warship back on the NES?

An MMO version of that. Obviously with updated graphics.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149

Western

Post-Apocolypse, survival

Xsyon with more development.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• mikeoffymikeoffy Member UncommonPosts: 31
    what a useless thread,.
  • WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Originally posted by mikeoffy
    what a useless thread,.

Ah, scratch that. Too many bans lately..............

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• RusqueRusque Member RarePosts: 2,785

I can't actually skateboard, but I love games like SKATE. An MMO game built around that would be fun. Just chill with your friends, level up to unlock tricks, participate in both PvE and PvP competitions to earn money to customize your character.

Hmm, sounds fun.

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    what a useless thread,.

Countered by a helpful post?  I actually found it interesting to see what people would want ot play.

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002
    Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    what a useless thread,.

Countered by a helpful post?  I actually found it interesting to see what people would want ot play.

I agree. Why does everything have to be "x game sucks, y game sucks, f2p is stealing our wallets, x developer is evil, y developer is evil "bitch bitch bitch" rinse and repeat.

A little cloud talk is ok from time to time.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • freejackmackfreejackmack Member Posts: 378
    I would make almost exactly what Chris Roberts is making right now. It is like a Freelancer type mmo called Star Citizen. Only I would add X Rebirths' space highway system and station building system. That would be my perfect mmo.
  • WolfenprideWolfenpride Member, Newbie CommonPosts: 3,988

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Based on your rules... I spose I wouldn't make one. Also... I get the rest... but a skydiving mmo? Really?
  • dreamsofwardreamsofwar Member Posts: 468

I would make a medieval/renaissance/low fantasy sandbox MMORPG set in a large city. The game, whilst offering exploration, resource gathering and ofc combat would mainly focus on the life in the city. 

In the character creator you would select your background and your aspiring trade. These choices would set you up with basic stats and boosts to some of the many skills that the game would offer. These choices would not be set in stone as you would be able to learn any skill (think Runescape and Eve).

You would then be provided with your basic tools of the trade and be on your way in the big city.

As this game would be a sandbox only a few basic NPC buildings would exist, but the land would have a bounty of natural resources, and the perfect, logical place for players to settle. Fertile land would require farmers and the fish would need to be gathered by fisherman, for all players would need to keep food else face penalties over time. The woods nearby would be vital to the construction of buildings and so lumberjack and woodworking skills would be needed as well as players with skills in construction.

When the city had began to establish itself merchants would become common site as unless other player towns became common, it would be the place to make a living. Player run guilds would also fight and squabble over control of resources and conflict may become common.

In short, I can imagine a sandbox, free enterprise game that encourages player built cities (or city) and every skill would have its significance in their maintenance and economic success.

• necoonecoo Member Posts: 16
    I would make a mmorpg where a dragon swoops down, bites some random person's head off, spits it out, and then says "f*** you, I like dragons."
  • BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380

Big world, no fast travel.

Local banking, localized resources

No world chat, just proximity /say /whisper /shout in chat bubbles

No AH

Different race languages, learnable

No leveling, skill based

Many crafting options, but with a skill cap.  Meaning if you choose one crafting skill, your max cap would go down for every other craft that goes up.  This way dedicated crafters of a certain craft will be the best and make stuff other crafters cannot.  Also a slow skill erosion.

World housing, not instanced.

One server

One character

No swords or dragons, but everything else fantasy wise goes ;)

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    Originally posted by Badaboom

Big world, no fast travel.

Local banking, localized resources

No world chat, just proximity /say /whisper /shout in chat bubbles

No AH

Different race languages, learnable

No leveling, skill based

Many crafting options, but with a skill cap.  Meaning if you choose one crafting skill, your max cap would go down for every other craft that goes up.  This way dedicated crafters of a certain craft will be the best and make stuff other crafters cannot.  Also a slow skill erosion.

World housing, not instanced.

One server

One character

No swords or dragons, but everything else fantasy wise goes ;)

So we could have daggers and Griffens? If so... then what's the point of the no swords or dragons? lol

• Nomis278Nomis278 Member UncommonPosts: 126
    Papers and Paycheques. It's a great fantasy role-playing game where you pretend to be workers and students in an industrialized and technological society.
  • xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

Naruto Online = 5 factions

Using With this gameplay from Naruto Shippuden: Ultimate Ninja Storm

The combat gameplay alone will makes this MMO outstanding

Check out the combat gameplay below

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pDRWvWp1Er8

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• KenzeKenze Member UncommonPosts: 1,217
    id love to see a Deus Ex mmo. I honestly do not see any appeal in any of the ones listed by the OP

Watch your thoughts; they become words.
    Watch your words; they become actions.
    Watch your actions; they become habits.
    Watch your habits; they become character.
    Watch your character; it becomes your destiny.
    —Lao-Tze

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

I do believe that I would create on with NO JUMPING PUZZLES.  God, I hate Donkey Kong.  Always have.

Sorry, still personally hunting the creator of my last one with a fire axe.

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

The ultimate mmorpg in my mind would include everything as the game already does, in a ridiculously huge sandbox setting:

Rifts

Includes:

- Sci-fi everything including both space ( througout multiple galaxies) and dimensional travel of all sorts.

- Multiple worlds to visit from alternate earth settings, Rifts earth, living planets, home planet of Hades, a superhero planet, etc, etc

- Everything fantasy mixed in with high tech everything from undead empires, pure magic empires, high tech mech empires to everything inbetween. Dozens of factions.

- hundreds of classes, species, 1000's of creatures.

Nobody could do it justice though so best it stays a pen on paper rpg.

You stay sassy!