Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Defiance: April 2013 Television Debut Announced

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe Land of AZPosts: 16,596MMORPG.COM Staff Uncommon

Syfy has announced that Defiance, the television show with a tie-in to Trion Worlds' game of the same name, will officially debut in April 2013. To celebrate the announcement, Syfy has released a trailer. Check it out!

Associate Editor: MMORPG.com
Follow me on Twitter: @MMORPGMom

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,675Member Uncommon
    Uh Oh
  • RocknissRockniss Youngstown, OHPosts: 1,034Member
    I'm not quite sure this is for me but good luck, imo, as a gamer all free time goes to gaming, I don't really have time to watch tv :-(
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Great YarmouthPosts: 394Member Uncommon

I look forward to seeing how this will tie in to the game and vice-versa, the game itself looks interesting as does the show, another one to add to my play list =)

• tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,535Member Uncommon

I sure hope those clips form the series were not the finall product because some of them were rough.. really rough.

Still it is a nice concept.

• AsamofAsamof La Canada, CAPosts: 738Member Uncommon
    so wait, this is splicing the tv footage and ingame footage? clashes sort of badly
  • ReizlaReizla AlkmaarPosts: 3,300Member Uncommon
    I said it before, and I'll say it again... I have no Syfy channel and will not get it just for this game. Would mean I have to pay €30/month. Either they have to drop the series or I won't play this game (and I guess I'm not alone)...

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• WicoaWicoa LondonPosts: 1,602Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Reizla
    I said it before, and I'll say it again... I have no Syfy channel and will not get it just for this game. Would mean I have to pay €30/month. Either they have to drop the series or I won't play this game (and I guess I'm not alone)...

Not really most modern households in built up areas have cable or satellite tv, syfy is one of the free channels afaik.

• ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,032Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Reizla

Well you would think that they would allow digital viewing for the subscriber? Especially because the international community will have a problem

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Riverside, RIPosts: 3,266Member Uncommon
    @Coman

By that logic, Dust 514 should be available on the PC, since EVE is a PC fame....oh wait.

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

• marganculosmarganculos BrnoPosts: 192Member Uncommon

you will have rips of this show everywhere on internet few hours after official broadcast... like every "TV show" these days... don't worry lol

• ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,032Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by remyburke
    @Coman

By that logic, Dust 514 should be available on the PC, since EVE is a PC fame....oh wait.

Well....yes. Sounds good to me. Anyhow it's up to them, but let's face it. The international community will otherwise find other ways to watch the serie. 

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 8,523Member Uncommon

Not sure about the tv show but I played the Alpha demo at Pax - the engine is very smooth, i was floored how polished this was for alpha. The game is just so much fun.. was a blast to play. Can't wait for beta.

What I saw - the game is awesome on its own - it needs no tv show at all.

• tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 2,535Member Uncommon
    Anyway.. I lost most remaning respect for SciFi Channel whem they changed name to syfy... Each to their own i guess.