Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MMORPG.com will be down for maintenance beginning at midnight EST on Tuesday, August 30. Downtime is expected to last only a couple of hours.

Defiance: April 2013 Television Debut Announced

SBFordSBFord Associate Editor - News ManagerThe CitadelPosts: 21,175MMORPG.COM Staff Epic

Syfy has announced that Defiance, the television show with a tie-in to Trion Worlds' game of the same name, will officially debut in April 2013. To celebrate the announcement, Syfy has released a trailer. Check it out!

Comments

• ValentinaValentina Los Angeles, CAPosts: 1,748Member Uncommon
    Uh Oh
  • RocknissRockniss Youngstown, OHPosts: 1,034Member
    I'm not quite sure this is for me but good luck, imo, as a gamer all free time goes to gaming, I don't really have time to watch tv :-(
  • AwDiddumsAwDiddums Great YarmouthPosts: 416Member Uncommon

I look forward to seeing how this will tie in to the game and vice-versa, the game itself looks interesting as does the show, another one to add to my play list =)

• tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 3,478Member Rare

I sure hope those clips form the series were not the finall product because some of them were rough.. really rough.

Still it is a nice concept.

Tawess soapbox

This have been a good conversation

• AsamofAsamof La Canada, CAPosts: 780Member Uncommon
    so wait, this is splicing the tv footage and ingame footage? clashes sort of badly
  • ReizlaReizla 127.0.0.1Posts: 3,774Member Uncommon
    I said it before, and I'll say it again... I have no Syfy channel and will not get it just for this game. Would mean I have to pay €30/month. Either they have to drop the series or I won't play this game (and I guess I'm not alone)...

AsRock 990FX Extreme3
    AMD Phenom II 1090T ~3.2Ghz
    GEiL 16Gb DDR3 1600Mhz
    ASUS GTX970 3x HD monitor 1920x1080

• WicoaWicoa LondonPosts: 1,637Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Reizla
    I said it before, and I'll say it again... I have no Syfy channel and will not get it just for this game. Would mean I have to pay €30/month. Either they have to drop the series or I won't play this game (and I guess I'm not alone)...

Not really most modern households in built up areas have cable or satellite tv, syfy is one of the free channels afaik.

• ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,141Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Reizla

Well you would think that they would allow digital viewing for the subscriber? Especially because the international community will have a problem

• RemyVorenderRemyVorender Riverside, RIPosts: 3,434Member Uncommon
    @Coman

By that logic, Dust 514 should be available on the PC, since EVE is a PC fame....oh wait.

Played: AA, AC1, AC2, Aion, AO, AoC, CO, CoX, DAoC, DCUO, DN, EVE, EQ1, EQ2,
    ESO, FE, FFXI, FFXIV, FF, GW1, GW2, Istaria, L2, LoTRO, MO, MxO, NW, Rift, RoE,
    Ryzom, SB, SWG, SWTOR, TERA, TSW, WAR, WoW, WURM...

• marganculosmarganculos BrnoPosts: 237Member Uncommon

you will have rips of this show everywhere on internet few hours after official broadcast... like every "TV show" these days... don't worry lol

• ComanComan Hattem, AKPosts: 2,141Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by remyburke
    @Coman

By that logic, Dust 514 should be available on the PC, since EVE is a PC fame....oh wait.

Well....yes. Sounds good to me. Anyhow it's up to them, but let's face it. The international community will otherwise find other ways to watch the serie. 

• DMKanoDMKano Gamercentral, AKPosts: 13,213Member Legendary

Not sure about the tv show but I played the Alpha demo at Pax - the engine is very smooth, i was floored how polished this was for alpha. The game is just so much fun.. was a blast to play. Can't wait for beta.

What I saw - the game is awesome on its own - it needs no tv show at all.

• tawesstawess LkpgPosts: 3,478Member Rare
    Anyway.. I lost most remaning respect for SciFi Channel whem they changed name to syfy... Each to their own i guess.

Tawess soapbox

This have been a good conversation