Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

kTERA F2P server now permanent

hopenottakenhopenottaken Member Posts: 38

http://www.mmoculture.com/2012/08/tera-free-to-play-server-now-permanent

- kTERA F2P server now permanent.

- LvL cap raised to 58.

- 2x quest experience and gold buff.

- Free transfer to live servers.

Comments

• samvenicesamvenice Member UncommonPosts: 153

Sigh. What's next? Some 100% success cash shop only alkhaest?

• mWo4lifemWo4life Member Posts: 119
    Good. so now I'm just waiting for something like that for NA TERA and I'll be happy to play it.
  • trojan99trojan99 Member UncommonPosts: 51
    play the 7 day trial for NA. i got to level 34 in 6 days and they just ran a special for 14.99 or 19.99 for the CE. sorry u missed it cz tera is fun
  • PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    TERA failed hard in Korea, even Lineage 1(14 years old game) is still P2P there and the third most played MMO in Korea
  • wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472

It's a shame because Tera actually IS pretty good... at least the combat. Just horrible end-game and an atrocious PvP ruleset makes it very uninteresting. Why flagging on a PvP server?

Silly stuff like that. 

• PrenhoPrenho Member Posts: 298
    Originally posted by wormed

It's a shame because Tera actually IS pretty good... at least the combat. Just horrible end-game and an atrocious PvP ruleset makes it very uninteresting. Why flagging on a PvP server?

Silly stuff like that. 

The problem is that the flag-pk systems and clan war system in TERA's pvp server are a total garbage, Lineage is an owpvp game with much better flag-pk systems and meaningful clan wars(you have to fight for open world bosses and territory, castles, hunting zones...) and off course real risk for pkers, and because of this Lineage crushes TERA in eastern market.

• BraavosiBraavosi Member Posts: 149
    Lineage 2 is an older game. Of course it's going to have more options available. I really don't see the difference in L2's flag system and Teras? In L2 you have to hold a button down to attack anyone, In Tera you press a skill to flag yourself. I actually like Teras system more because you can see someone comin at you before you get shot. 
  • otacuotacu Member UncommonPosts: 547
    Originally posted by pimpdizzle
    Lineage 2 is an older game. Of course it's going to have more options available. I really don't see the difference in L2's flag system and Teras? In L2 you have to hold a button down to attack anyone, In Tera you press a skill to flag yourself. I actually like Teras system more because you can see someone comin at you before you get shot. 

It's not because Lineage 2 is older ... it's because Tera is badly designed.

I'll repeat it for you

TERA's pvp server are a total garbage, Lineage is an owpvp game with much better flag-pk systems and meaningful clan wars(you have to fight for open world bosses and territory, castles, hunting zones...) and off course real risk for pkers

Originally posted by wormed

Silly stuff like that. 

Tera... the perfect example of how a good feature (combat) cannot save the game when everything else is bad.
  • ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092

The CTRL pressing in L2 is NOT the problem in TERA's PvP system. In TERA you MUST flag for PvP if you want to attack an other player - EVEN IF YOU ARE DEFENDING YOURSELF. This alone is a reason why TERA's PvP is a big #FAIL and most certainly compared to L2 and most other MMO's, where you can attack any chaotic player without penalty or first flag for PvP.

• EvgireonEvgireon Member Posts: 71
    Originally posted by Reizla

The CTRL pressing in L2 is NOT the problem in TERA's PvP system. In TERA you MUST flag for PvP if you want to attack an other player - EVEN IF YOU ARE DEFENDING YOURSELF. This alone is a reason why TERA's PvP is a big #FAIL and most certainly compared to L2 and most other MMO's, where you can attack any chaotic player without penalty or first flag for PvP.

You don't need to press CTRL in L2 when all of your skill bar is filled with /forceuseskill tidal wave, etc.
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    NA Tera should go F2P. Really want to get back in to Tera but don't have enough time to spend in order to warant a sub fee atm.
  • SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,002

The CTRL pressing in L2 is NOT the problem in TERA's PvP system. In TERA you MUST flag for PvP if you want to attack an other player - EVEN IF YOU ARE DEFENDING YOURSELF.

That's not true at all. Just if you are attacking.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
    Originally posted by Evgireon

You don't need to press CTRL in L2 when all of your skill bar is filled with /forceuseskill tidal wave, etc.

Had that and ended up being PK on clannies more than once :S

Originally posted by Sovrath

The CTRL pressing in L2 is NOT the problem in TERA's PvP system. In TERA you MUST flag for PvP if you want to attack an other player - EVEN IF YOU ARE DEFENDING YOURSELF.

That's not true at all. Just if you are attacking.

COOL! They changed this feature? It was one of the reasons I skipped TERA after closed betas. I thought the forced toggle to defend was so lame...

Lets take a closer look at TERA now then ;)

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Its listed on steam as coming soon, im sure that is in preparation for a F2p version..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297

While I personally feel a form of F2P should be inevitable in the future, the latest communication from the EP said in no uncertain terms "We don't have any immediate plans to convert to a free-to-play model, but as I've said in the past, we are always looking at options for how to make TERA better, both as a business and as a game."  By the use immediate that statement it scratches off the next 4-6 months right off the bat and possibly 6-12 months between announcement and deployment if not indefinitely. 

For a game currently retailing at $29.99 with many bargains happening at randome times by different retailes I'd not hold my breath waiting for F2P like I woul've a month ago.

How you can turn the game F2P with scrolls has been touched on a million times so I'll leave that there.

There are large numbers of players not only from NA in their servers, also Australia, the EU, Brazil.  Ping is definitely not as much an issue as you could imagine so I can tell you without reservation roll the NA servers.  Don't even stop hesitate or consider Gameforge/Frogster.   Many many crucial; changes have been rapidly occurring of late (Nexus schedules, crafting, changes in enchanting announced for for, an Arena) you dont want to sit with Gameforge waiting longer for those - just do EME and use the NA client.

Check if Amazon, Greenman or one of those sites has it cheap.

• hopenottakenhopenottaken Member Posts: 38

TERA retails for 30$? lol no. Phys edition price has been dropping since release and It's been a month already since every single retailer out there sells the phys edition as low as 15$ each.

http://camelcamelcamel.com/Tera-Online-Pc/product/B002I0HJG8?active=summary&chart=1

They're trying to get rid of as many phys copies as possible. Are they going full digital distribution or F2P?

On a side note you should check prices for used keys and accounts, if they go any lower ppl will start paying to get rid of them.

• Reas43Reas43 Member Posts: 297
    Even better. Shop around. TERA is cheap.
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806
    Originally posted by samvenice

Sigh. What's next? Some 100% success cash shop only alkhaest?

Absent a total over haul of the RNG enchanting system, I'd be MORE than happy to pay for that. ^^ 

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."