Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

It's Today! It's Today!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RLl3YkljJyY

The War Z alpha launch is today!

--------------------------------------------

Comments

• JayFiveAliveJayFiveAlive Member UncommonPosts: 601
    Really curious how enjoyable people will find the game. I'm on the fence leaning toward naaay, but i am so intrigued hehe. Hoping folks will post there thoughts on it even though its' alpha..
  • DraftbeerDraftbeer Member UncommonPosts: 517

Streamers surely going to jump on it at twitch.

Can't wait. :]

• benit59benit59 Member UncommonPosts: 114

Site seems to be down. Client download is supposed to go live sometime today.

I am a little concerned about where they are in the development cycle after reading a post on their forum yesterday though. They said that only 30% of Colorado will be playable and the server population cap is like 50 at the moment. They say it is to slowly phase things in for testing purposes, but I am concerned about actual level of completion. I am hoping that this hasn't all just been a crowd-funding ploy so that they can finish the game.

• WellspringWellspring Member EpicPosts: 1,464
    Originally posted by benit59

I am a little concerned about where they are in the development cycle after reading a post on their forum yesterday though. They said that only 30% of Colorado will be playable and the server population cap is like 50 at the moment. They say it is to slowly phase things in for testing purposes, but I am concerned about actual level of completion. I am hoping that this hasn't all just been a crowd-funding ploy so that they can finish the game.

Yeah. That's always a risk.

However, I'm not too concerned. The devs have said they will gradually open things up and the map will be fully open by Beta. Which they have said Beta is going to start Oct 30 (or 31st, I can't remember).

So if they were lieing about the level of completion, it would have been stupid for them to promise full map access within 2 weeks...

--------------------------------------------
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by benit59

This is typical of a lot of games during Alpha stage. They do not give you everything. They basically want us to focus on the 30% of the map so they can apply fixes if needed then they will give us more every day or so. I did hear that oct 31 when it goes to Beta we should have the whole map. Needless to say 30% of a map this big is still a lot of room.

• TalruneTalrune Member Posts: 339
    yeah i cant even got on the website or download url its crashed...they clearly did not get enough bandwith or something..doesnt bodewell for confience in them.
  • BeackerBeacker Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Originally posted by wayubb
    yeah i cant even got on the website or download url its crashed...they clearly did not get enough bandwith or something..doesnt bodewell for confience in them.

I was under the impression it was going to be afternoon PST time which it is currently not. So maybe they are still getting it together. Why they decided to make everyone DL it on the 15th though is beyond me and just plain old stupid. It is going to bog down the servers. They should have allowed us to DL the client when we purchased the game.

• deathshrouddeathshroud Member Posts: 1,366

alpha testers are under an NDA to not post screenshots or videos from the test.

Collorado isnt finished thats why 30% is only present regardless of what the devs may tell us. Its the only believable reason since dayz runs fine with a slightly larger map and 50 players per server.

there are 2 types of mmo, imitators and innovaters.