Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

MOP Ftp?

LukainLukain Member UncommonPosts: 591

I have played WOW for years but quit after cataclysm  , I am wondering if I purchase MOP can I play it in FTP mode without having to activate my old account ?  I would like to try  before deciding if I would to activate my accounts again

Comments

• AeolronAeolron Member Posts: 648
    Originally posted by Lukain

I have played WOW for years but quit after cataclysm  , I am wondering if I purchase MOP can I play it in FTP mode without having to activate my old account ?  I would like to try  before deciding if I would to activate my accounts again

It's pretty fun however if you have a direct x 11 system be prepared to play it in 9 instead of 11 , because there's some issue with MOP that affects the video graphics driver and causes the game to crash, in this day and age this is utter bullshit , we spend hundreds even thousands of dollars for what? To get tons of crashes left right and center? I wish these companies would get their act straight.

Sorry for the rant but take my rant as a warning, and yes you need to activate your old account or get a scroll.

• expressoexpresso Member UncommonPosts: 2,218
    Originally posted by Aeolron

It's pretty fun however if you have a direct x 11 system be prepared to play it in 9 instead of 11 , because there's some issue with MOP that affects the video graphics driver and causes the game to crash, in this day and age this is utter bullshit , we spend hundreds even thousands of dollars for what? To get tons of crashes left right and center? I wish these companies would get their act straight.

Sorry for the rant but take my rant as a warning, and yes you need to activate your old account or get a scroll.

Been playing DX11 wow since before MOP, no issues here, just saying.

• hpy7871hpy7871 Member Posts: 14
    I also run directx 11 with out probelms
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    There will be a 10 day trial for MoP just as they do for every expanion but I doubt that will be available til near the end of the year.

imageimage

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    Radeon has been having some problems with x11
  • cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    I was crashing and hard locking I dropped to directx 9 and also reduced the forground thing to a third someone advised on the forums to do that. I was really having problems with my geforce GTX 580 . After I did that touch wood it worked.
    Chamber of Chains
  • TaishiFoxTaishiFox Member RarePosts: 999
    Guys, there is such thing as staying on topic, the op didn't ask anything about Direct X, stop going on about it.

imageimage

• SilokSilok Member UncommonPosts: 732

If you never take your 10 days free trial for Cataclysm, you can try the panda with it and their starter zone, but you cant choose the monk class.

Just go to your battle. net account and activate the trial.

• lotapartylotaparty Member Posts: 514

your best option  is to not purchase mop .wait for the 10 day trial for mopd and than see if you like it

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    Any MoP content has dx 11 problems which didn't exist pre MoP so change to dx 9.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

use the Starter edition (free for first 20 levels)

https://us.battle.net/account/creation/wow/signup/

roll a panda on the mystic isles -- that will help give you an idea