Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

reinstalled windows 7 (64bit) and it didn't wipe the drive

pdabb38pdabb38 Member Posts: 43
I guess this must be a new feature. I really wanted to delete all that was on the drive.How do you do that with windows 7?

Comments

• Stealthman06Stealthman06 Member UncommonPosts: 35

Boot up from DVD, at some point you get asked on what HDD you want to install the Windows.

There is a advanced mode button that shows you delete and format as selectable options if you have selected a hard drive.

Just delete all the partitions and select the now empty HDD for the OS to be installed.

Be warned that if you delete all the partitions you wipe all the data. But you said you want to remove everything so..

MMORPG Forums: You will never find a more wretched hive of scum and villainy. We must be cautious.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805

http://www.sevenforums.com/tutorials/1649-clean-install-windows-7-a.html

Not to be a jerk but it took me less than 10 seconds using google

• nsignificnsignific Member Posts: 212

Don't want to be a jerk either, but this isn't a new feature.

Installing windows never automatically meant formatting the drive.

• ToxiaToxia Member UncommonPosts: 1,308

If reinstalling/upgrading from within windows, it doesn't delete everything, just targets the windows partition(AFAIK)

installing from a disk on boot up is how i do it, then on that screen is the option to format your drives

The Deep Web is sca-ry.

• cheyanecheyane Member LegendaryPosts: 9,101
    However when you finish you have a folder inside that has a copy of your old windows called old windows that you can clean up later once you are happy and are sure nothing there you might want. I thought that was neat.
    Chamber of Chains
  • KyutaSyukoKyutaSyuko Member UncommonPosts: 288
    Maybe I just keep getting bad isos, but the Windows 7 formatting never worked for me.  I've always had to format using a XP DVD, interupt the install, and install Windows 7 =|
  • bugse82bugse82 Member UncommonPosts: 184
    oh, lord, thare is so much sadness and pain in this world...

• RidelynnRidelynn Member EpicPosts: 7,383

Originally posted by bugse82
    oh, lord, thare is so much sadness and pain in this world...