Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

This game is amazing.

Comments

• LobotomistLobotomist Member EpicPosts: 5,965

The game starts heavy loading when i move rapidly into new zone. Than crushes - EVERY TIME

Unplayable for me

• BetaguyBetaguy Member UncommonPosts: 2,629
    I am enjoying the game at the moment, but.... dun dun dun dun.... I see what it will be after a month or two of solid play. I can already see the repetative gameplay and know I could only play this for a month or so unless they add more content.... Like I said though, having a blast for now.... see you on the battlefield ;}
    "The King and the Pawn return to the same box at the end of the game"

• KatlaOdindottirKatlaOdindottir Member Posts: 144
    Too repetetive, they need to add a lot more before launch. Adding new maps woo, more hexagons to take it's just more of the same will be keeping an eye on it though and remain hopeful as I did have fun the first few days.

www.daneslaw.com

@GamerKurisu

Awaiting Darkfall Unholy Wars

• GolbezTheLionGolbezTheLion Member UncommonPosts: 347

It has very little in common with Planetside 1, and is essentially CoD or MoH on a massive scale.

One big game of team deathmatch amongst three teams. Sorely disappointing to say the least.

• ruceccu1ruceccu1 Member Posts: 5
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

It has very little in common with Planetside 1, and is essentially CoD or MoH on a massive scale.

One big game of team deathmatch amongst three teams. Sorely disappointing to say the least.

It is in closed beta. Should prolly give them a bit more time before you get too "sore".

• CrashsplashCrashsplash Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by ruceccu1
    Originally posted by GolbezTheLion

It is in closed beta. Should prolly give them a bit more time before you get too "sore".

Actually it's open beta, but the rest of your sentence holds true. Many changes are being made and the game has improved a lot since tech test.

I'd point you to the introduction of the AMS which has completely changed the'flow' of the battle and create battlefront. We've also been agitating on the metagame and we seem to be getting progress on that. We're also talking about the base layouts and howe those impact on gameplay, particularly infantry combat.

So changes are happening and it's moving in the right direction.

I'd also direct you to a few statements from Smed. Several months ago he said the it played like BF3MMO 'and that's not the game we want to make'! Also there is a recent interview with RPS (I think) where he clearly is looking at the sandbox and emergent gameplay of Eve as an inspiration. If there ever was a game that could move in that direction I think it would be Planetside as it was already a player-driven game, at least more that most. In Planetside the 'players were the content' and will be down the line too.

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

OP must be a SOE employee....this game is not good. I beta tested it as well and it literally has no hook on me whatsoever. Since I am THE authority on games, I have delcared this game a loser. So sayeth the ZigZags.

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• TiloTilo Member Posts: 24

I loved PS1 and yes the Gundam robot too! =P Sad it's not in PS2 also.

Got into PS2 today, have not played much, but it seem a little like the first one. I'm a bit lost when it comes to the map and where to run to get stuff etc. Forgot some parts from PS1. Full of action all over the place, signs all over the screen, bullets over my head........wtf where do I go?!?!? ....thats me ing right now.

And there is no 3th person view for the infantry.... =(

I also find the game a bit messy, the aim control is wierd... and I'm having a real hard time to see the enemy. I think it's a lot of lag or bugs. Then again, it's in Beta. =)

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

To a certain extent, yes amazing, but it's too close to a generic FPS shooter than PS1 was. I close/open beta tested PS1 and I thought THAT game was super amazing and that was back in 2003. I don't have that same amazed feeling with PS2 however, but it's still a pretty good game.

Yes PS2 is too much like a CoD or MoH or BF type game, PS1 was its own type of FPS game, I don't know why SOE went this way. The game is set to release a month from now, however it isn't ready yet but they have 4 weeks to get down to it.

I wonder if they'll take off the sub for PS1, I'd go back to that if they change it to F2P.

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403

If you got nothing else out of this thread at least you got to see attractive women in bikinis.

At revoltingly low resolution (boo hiss)

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• s1fu71s1fu71 Member Posts: 220

Very fun game. I've tried to dabble in a little bit of everything to see what I like the most.

I was most horrible at trying to fly. Perhaps it was my setting, but the single fighter felt so very slow in it's maneuvering. But, still fun.

Of the classes, I enjoyed the infiltrator the most. But, I'm horrible at it. At first, I could not take anyone out with less than 4 shots. And it seemed like I'd get taken out with 1 or 2 shots at the most.

At times, it felt like I could take people out faster with an open sight rifle (like from the light armor infantry or heavy armor.)

I'm not sure why. If I could get to higher ground and shoot down on the enemy, the light armor or heavy armor infantry seemed to actually work a little better.

So, I decided to watch a couple youtube videos about sniping. It was unbelievable. Each video had the player running and barely aiming, yet he was pulling off amazing headshots. I'm no where near that good.

Since the video, I've tried to be more patient and really try for the headshots, and I've had better success, but only slightly. Well over half the of the guys I shoot take 3 to 4 shots, with the occaisional 1 or 2 shots. Maybe it's just practice?

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

Originally posted by s1fu71

Very fun game. I've tried to dabble in a little bit of everything to see what I like the most.

I was most horrible at trying to fly. Perhaps it was my setting, but the single fighter felt so very slow in it's maneuvering. But, still fun.

Of the classes, I enjoyed the infiltrator the most. But, I'm horrible at it. At first, I could not take anyone out with less than 4 shots. And it seemed like I'd get taken out with 1 or 2 shots at the most.

At times, it felt like I could take people out faster with an open sight rifle (like from the light armor infantry or heavy armor.)

I'm not sure why. If I could get to higher ground and shoot down on the enemy, the light armor or heavy armor infantry seemed to actually work a little better.

So, I decided to watch a couple youtube videos about sniping. It was unbelievable. Each video had the player running and barely aiming, yet he was pulling off amazing headshots. I'm no where near that good.

Since the video, I've tried to be more patient and really try for the headshots, and I've had better success, but only slightly. Well over half the of the guys I shoot take 3 to 4 shots, with the occaisional 1 or 2 shots. Maybe it's just practice?

Headshots?

Yes, headshots.

The 2 videos I watched, mentioned to try for these. Supposedly, you can do more damage. I didn't know that the game worked that way. I thought it was just a flat damage rate if you hit your opponent. I even asked my question in game. Several people said that headshots do more damage.

Last night, I killed my first opponent around medium range. He was standing still and I was able to put the cross hair directly on the back of his helmet. It killed him in one shot. (I've only done this twice.)

After he dropped, a little box appeared at the top of  my screen that said, "headshot" in block letters.

So, apparently, it's possible. I just suck at it. Need more practice, I guess.

It's not about fighting, it's about balance. It's not about enlightenment, it's about balance. It's not about balance.

Tanks too have locational damage...... toughest at the front and weakest at the rear.

Thanks for the info. I did not know that either. People are tougher from the front, eh?

Guess it makes even more sense to attempt to flank the enemy now.

Thanks for the info. I did not know that either. People are tougher from the front, eh?

Guess it makes even more sense to attempt to flank the enemy now.

People? Lol no, tanks (and sundys)

• AxiosImmortalAxiosImmortal Member UncommonPosts: 645
    I'm tempted to get the Alpha Squad Package but I still need to spend 200 bucks on a new razer headset and a 24inch asus monitor. I can still get new weapons through in-game currency credits.

Looking at: The Repopulation
    Preordering: None
    Playing: Random Games

Hey, yeah. You mention getting stuff with in game currency. How does that work?

Is that the Station cash, where you have to spend real money? Or do you earn it thru other means?

• TeknoBugTeknoBug Member UncommonPosts: 2,156

Hey, yeah. You mention getting stuff with in game currency. How does that work?Is that the Station cash, where you have to spend real money? Or do you earn it thru other means?
    Not exactly sure, I have 600 SC right now and I have no idea how I earned it.

• Agricola1Agricola1 Member UncommonPosts: 4,977
    Originally posted by Jonoku
    I'm tempted to get the Alpha Squad Package but I still need to spend 200 bucks on a new razer headset and a 24inch asus monitor. I can still get new weapons through in-game currency credits.

Get the Alpha Squad deal first, remember you get 4K of station cash straight away. You can buy the monitor and headset one at a time, the Alpha Squad pays for itself.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• william0532william0532 Member Posts: 251
    I've played alot of the beta and love the game, unfortunately I need a pc update(My rigs weak) so I had some freezing, and when I tried to fix my computer it made it ten times worse lol. I'm going to hold off for a couple months till I get a better rig. Looking forward too it. Just out of curiousity they where switching back and fourth from hacking and just being in the room, what  did they end up with?
    Originally posted by william0532
    I've played alot of the beta and love the game, unfortunately I need a pc update(My rigs weak) so I had some freezing, and when I tried to fix my computer it made it ten times worse lol. I'm going to hold off for a couple months till I get a better rig. Looking forward too it. Just out of curiousity they where switching back and fourth from hacking and just being in the room, what  did they end up with?

Right now you only have to be near the point, however there is an influence system. In a nutshell you capture the points (get 200 XP for flipping a point from enemy to friendly), then a bar starts to fill up when full you flip the base to your faction (500 XP). The speed the bar fills up depends on the area surrounding the points you're trying to capture (more area your faction owns = quicker the bar fills).

You can take out shield generators and stuff, I think they can be hacked but I'm Heavy Assault so you'd have to ask an infiltrator for specifics.

"Of all tyrannies, a tyranny sincerely exercised for the good of its victims may be the most oppressive. It would be better to live under robber barons than under omnipotent moral busybodies. The robber baron's cruelty may sometimes sleep, his cupidity may at some point be satiated; but those who torment us for our own good will torment us without end for they do so with the approval of their own conscience"

CS Lewis

• PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004

When Planetside 1 is still the better game, kind of wondering how that will work out, do they intend to close Planetside 1 so that Planetside 2 will have less competition ? because no matter how i look at it, i wouldnt choose Planetside 2 over 1, you have more freedom to develop your skill sets in 1 than 2, you have more skill sets when it comes down to it in 1 than 2, and in Planetside 1, you have several forms of stealth, from the stealth suits to electronic implants that gave you some ability to avoid radar detection/motion detection then there are the max's and the weapons themselves, and the vehicles, why are there more of them in Planetside 1 than in 2?

As a long time player of Planetside, there is nothing in Planetside 2 that would give me any encouragement to shift to it, i can only imagine its because SOE is trying to draw in a different type of playerbase and not have their existing players shift from one game to another.  If DUST514 is released on PC, which might happen if rumours are anything near true, then Planetside 2 will be a ghost town. image

Originally posted by Phry

When Planetside 1 is still the better game, kind of wondering how that will work out, do they intend to close Planetside 1 so that Planetside 2 will have less competition ? because no matter how i look at it, i wouldnt choose Planetside 2 over 1, you have more freedom to develop your skill sets in 1 than 2, you have more skill sets when it comes down to it in 1 than 2, and in Planetside 1, you have several forms of stealth, from the stealth suits to electronic implants that gave you some ability to avoid radar detection/motion detection then there are the max's and the weapons themselves, and the vehicles, why are there more of them in Planetside 1 than in 2?

As a long time player of Planetside, there is nothing in Planetside 2 that would give me any encouragement to shift to it, i can only imagine its because SOE is trying to draw in a different type of playerbase and not have their existing players shift from one game to another.  If DUST514 is released on PC, which might happen if rumours are anything near true, then Planetside 2 will be a ghost town. image

PS1 has 9 years of history behind it so that's why it has so much more to offer. PS2 will be F2P so you don't have to pay a dime to play with your mates if they're on PS2.

I'm sure when the day comes that PS2 has player owned bases and as much to offer as PS1 then PS1 will go F2P. As it stands now I'm sure that PS1 is being put on the back burner and PS2 is the focus of development.

In 9 years time someone will probably be asking a similar question about why they should play PS3 when PS2 has so much more to offer?

As for Dust 514, in my opinion much like CCP it's just a joke; without the ability to have 5 alts macro mining and 2 more transporting the goods I'm certain Dust 514 will be as dead as a Greek investment banker being chased by the Golden Dawn!

CS Lewis

• ZadawnZadawn Member UncommonPosts: 670

I've been in the beta for a month now without even knowing.

I'll be hoping in the game in about 5 minutes.

Hope it is as good as you say.