Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

why does this game make me want to go back to WoW?

124»

Comments

• ZigZagsZigZags Member UncommonPosts: 381

Because they're both Theme park MMOs but WoW just does it better.

That being said. Im sick of both games, but it took a month for me to be sick of GW2 and several years to be sick of WoW.

Waiting for TWZ or DF 2

Dragnon - Guildmaster - Albion Central Bank in Albion Online

www.albioncentralbank.enjin.com

• Riposte.ThisRiposte.This Member Posts: 192

I think the main issue with GW2 is the lack of content, as well as nothing really to look forward to at end game. Once you get there, it's like ok, so now I just WvWvW all day every day.

There is no "hunt" in GW2, there is no desire. At least that's how it feels to me. I did not come from WoW, I came from EQ2. I miss the raiding and the open world pvp hunting, 1v1s that meant something. /shrug

Killing dragons is my shit

• xmentyxmenty Member UncommonPosts: 718

@ OP,

Seriously you should stop playing any other game.

Just focus on playing WOW and stay in Blizz forums till you are ready to move on.

Just go back to Ogri or SW and don't venture anywhere.

Go, go, go, DO IT, NOW!!!

Pardon my English as it is not my 1st language :)

• umie214umie214 Member Posts: 123
    this game makes you go back to WoW because u have very bad taste in games? i dunno. 
  • DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701
    Originally posted by Jakdstripper

I'm at a loss for words. While the first few weeks playing this game was fun it has now turned very bland. i have not reached level cap even after trying just about every class, and i simply dont care to. i just can't get myself to log in, and even when i do i feel absolutely no purpouse. it makes me mad because the game is so pretty, it works well, it's free, it's everything you'd want it to be.....just not interesting.

the worst thing of all is how the more i force myself to play GW2 the more i want to go back and play WoW. this part is just killing me. It's as if all the classes of GW2 just remind me how much more fun the symilar WoW classes were. i miss roles. i miss the trinity. i miss having a purpous and being needed in a group. i miss looking forward to harder and harder group content.  

i really dont know how to explain it. GW2 is like that incredibly beautiful, busty, blonde you've always dreamd off, that ends up being so incredibly dull you just want to scream...... and only makes you want to go back to the foul mouth, cigarette smoking, tramp (WoW) that somehow you just cannot get enough of.

this is truly mind-boggling. Why oh why do i feel this way?

because wow was your first MMO and you dont know anybetter......im sorry,.......

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

Originally posted by Jakdstripper sadly the WoW of now is not the WoW i had fun playing more then 2 years ago. i pretty much left when they entroduced LFD and everyone just started sitting arround Ogrimar waiting for ques. I also dont care for pandas.....like at all. and i'm not paying 40$ for that expansion + sub fees...not for pandas..... perhaps it's just nostalgia pains....just have to wait for it to pass.

~EXACTLY AS I FEEL ,WoW after B Crusade looses all the lore and interest.
    About GW2 (im playing it very slowly, around L62/L46-from day 1), after you get inside an nice guild the game starts to shine , in PVE or WxWxW or dungeons (didnt try SPvP).
    So make yourself a favor and get a nice guild and you will love the game-remember these instances are really to be made using voice assistance between players, and to get a better experience in WxWxW u need the same, with 5 man group or more!
    Anyway these days playing alone a MMORPG always make people bored sooner or later.
  • TheIronLegionTheIronLegion Member Posts: 269

Because...

• xpiherxpiher Member UncommonPosts: 3,310

1) WoW has nealry 10 years of content. The harder and harder group content that exist in WoW didn't happen over night

2) Dungeons are actually hard

3) The tritinty exist, just not in set in stone classes. You still need a person that can tank damage, dish it out, and heal/support the group. 

When GW's first content patch comes out you'll see harder group orrintated quests. Trust me. 

Games:
    Currently playing:Nothing
    Will play: Darkfall: Unholy Wars
    Past games:
    Guild Wars 2 - Xpiher Duminous
    Xpiher's GW2
    GW 1 - Xpiher Duminous
    Darkfall - Xpiher Duminous (NA) retired
    AoC - Xpiher (Tyranny) retired
    Warhammer - Xpiher

• outfctrloutfctrl Member UncommonPosts: 3,619
    I am playing both and am finding I enjoy GW2 better. It is a very well made game.