Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Wars: The Old Republic: Game Update 1.5 on PTS

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

BioWare has announced that the forthcoming v1.5 update is now live on the Star Wars: The Old Republic public test server. Interested players can check out the changes that will be coming into the game when the update hits live servers. Among other things, testers can experience the new HK-51 companion, the Belsavis quest hub and more.

Game Update 1.5 is now live on our Public Test Server! For those of you that already have high level, copied characters on our Public Test Server, we encourage you to explore Sector X, Nightmare Explosive Conflict, and the other new features on the Public Test Server right now. Get on, check everything out, and give us your feedback by posting on the Public Test Server forum. Unfortunately, we won’t be able to offer the ability to copy characters for this test nor will there be any rewards offered for testing. We apologize for any inconvenience that this may cause.

Find out more on the Star Wars: The Old Republic site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• MontaronxMontaronx Member UncommonPosts: 273
    So when is the f2p version being launched?

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Be careful not to ask this question on the SWTOR facebook page, the hardcore P2P fans get upset for some reason,

But the responce I got was sometime in November.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• lavosslayerlavosslayer Member Posts: 55
    I still enjoy this game every now and then...looking forward to the F2P coming online though...even though I don't mind paying either...the only thing that would make this game better in my eyes is to ditch the leveling system and make it all skill based with Tera style combat...

• AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by lavosslayer
    I still enjoy this game every now and then...looking forward to the F2P coming online though...even though I don't mind paying either...the only thing that would make this game better in my eyes is to ditch the leveling system and make it all skill based with Tera style combat...

i hope you never become a game designer

• ghettocelebghettoceleb Member UncommonPosts: 104
    i want a SW game that has grity graphic content, I like this game somewhat, but I cant stand the cartoonish faces. 
  • SunwolfNCSunwolfNC Member UncommonPosts: 188
    Originally posted by Asamof

Lol, why? Because you disagree with his ideal game design?

• LesrachLesrach Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by ghettoceleb
    i want a SW game that has grity graphic content, I like this game somewhat, but I cant stand the cartoonish faces. 

This! Cinematics made you drool. The actual game... made me feel 8 yrs old clone wars fighter. Well now that I got started: WoW clone, not being able to wear any weapon with any class, everyone looking the same, dead worlds with instance hubs etc etc.

Not everyone has a chance to try pull SW universe alive, but these fellows went after dollars(wowclone) instead of making our dreams come true.

What would have you done if you'd had the chance!

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726

Well I hope the Bioware guys that designed this game never ever attempt to do a game like this again.  They did about everything wrong you could do in a MMO.  Wasted huge amounts of money in cut scenes and voice overs which end up being skipped a lot instead of putting that money into content.  You could put all of SWTOR on one SWG world and still have room left over.  I said from the start that the Bioware guys had no experience designing a MMO and it was blatantly obvious from the beta.  At least many of us got to find that out in beta and avoid wasting money on the game.

Just because you can design good single player games does not mean you can do a MMO.  It is a shame that the Bioware name was sullied with such a bad design.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Ooh, a companion and an added quest. Awesome, maybe they won't need to go F2P now as everyone will come back for that.
  • MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    I'm tempted.
  • AsamofAsamof Member UncommonPosts: 824
    Originally posted by Ozmodan

Well I hope the Bioware guys that designed this game never ever attempt to do a game like this again.  They did about everything wrong you could do in a MMO.  Wasted huge amounts of money in cut scenes and voice overs which end up being skipped a lot instead of putting that money into content.  You could put all of SWTOR on one SWG world and still have room left over.  I said from the start that the Bioware guys had no experience designing a MMO and it was blatantly obvious from the beta.  At least many of us got to find that out in beta and avoid wasting money on the game.

Just because you can design good single player games does not mean you can do a MMO.  It is a shame that the Bioware name was sullied with such a bad design.

EA actually merged what remained of the warhammer online devs into bioware and had them develop TOR

strange choice considering EA halted all support for warhammer when it was clear that it could barely compete with wow, followed by an embarrassing salvage attempt by making a war moba spin off (using assets from the mmo)

the team failed to deliver yet again with TOR, this time on a massive money time and effort scale. 

EA is a plague on the industry

• QuicksandQuicksand Member UncommonPosts: 683

Well, if I only had to pay one sub fee then I'd still be playing SWTOR, but I have a fam of 5 that plays together and I just cant spend the money right now, so we're on GW2 since there is no subs (enjoying it) But as soon as SWTOR goes F2P we'll all be jumping back in, spending the occational few bucks here and there.

I still have no idea how or why people say SWTOR is so bad, I think they did a great job, not to say the game is glitch/bug free by any means, but the game design and gameplay (IMO) is good.

I hope the F2P version helps SWTOR keep going because I for one would really like the option to keep playing. I also hope the people hating on it can one day move on to something else and those of us that love SWTOR can enjoy the new F2P version of it.

www.90and9.net
    www.prophecymma.com

• MargraveMargrave Member RarePosts: 1,362
    Come on F2P .... I'm ready!
  • erikk3189erikk3189 Member Posts: 306

Game is weak.

I never thought I'd be saying this but this is the way it is. I wanted this game to succeed as far back as before it went to beta. Unfortunately, Bioware has been so disappointing in their handling of this game.

Actually, theres no game out that's worth your time and effort. They all suk!

Free to play is never free. If you don't already know this then either you're new to gaming or you don't know any better.

It's free, only if you don't want to keep up with other players but if you do then, you better get your cash ready because you're going to be using it a lot more then the regular monthly game fee.

• VoreDockVoreDock Member UncommonPosts: 128

Most of us that play this game don't skip cut scenes or voice overs  the playes like me love this game in fact it has sold very well free 2 play is happoning to give us players more people to play with for grouping and the like  why dont youy just stop hateing and go play WOW

• VoreDockVoreDock Member UncommonPosts: 128
    Originally posted by erikk3189

Free to play is never free. If you don't already know this then either you're new to gaming or you don't know any better.

It's free, only if you don't want to keep up with other players but if you do then, you better get your cash ready because you're going to be using it a lot more then the regular monthly game fee.

oh realy   lets see

Aion

Firefall

Otherland

maplestory

planetside 2

YOUR WRONG !!!

• RoshaRosha Member UncommonPosts: 29

Wait, they're only adding HK-51 now?

Wasn't he already supposed to be ingame and just really really really REALLY rare and hard to find/assemble?

Hrmmm - looks like they took a queue from their predecessor when SOE admitted they didn't put Jedi into SWG right away because they didn't think anyone would get that far (or want it).

• joartsiljoartsil Member Posts: 21
    Been thinking a lot about swtor lately and will defo be re-subbing (not f2p) at some point, probably when I take my next break from wow. Have a sneaky suspicion that others may return to this game for another (perhaps longer) look, both subbed and free.
  • OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Originally posted by VoreDock

Most of us that play this game don't skip cut scenes or voice overs  the playes like me love this game in fact it has sold very well free 2 play is happoning to give us players more people to play with for grouping and the like  why dont youy just stop hateing and go play WOW

First off, there is no such thing as "hateing", the word you want is criticizing.  If you like the game, more power to you, but even you have to realize that spending such large amounts of money and ending up with such little content marks this game as one worst designs ever.   "AAA" type games like this almost never have to merge servers within 6 months of release, that fact alone says it all.  BTW, I never said the game was not fun to play, the problem lies that they never got around to putting much content in the game to occupy people.  Crafting is a joke, no housing to speak of, pvp is an after thought, throw in little end game content and you have SWTOR....and why 90% of the population fled the game.

• The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Originally posted by VoreDock

First off, there is no such thing as "hateing", the word you want is criticizing.  If you like the game, more power to you, but even you have to realize that spending such large amounts of money and ending up with such little content marks this game as one worst designs ever.   "AAA" type games like this almost never have to merge servers within 6 months of release, that fact alone says it all.  BTW, I never said the game was not fun to play, the problem lies that they never got around to putting much content in the game to occupy people.  Crafting is a joke, no housing to speak of, pvp is an after thought, throw in little end game content and you have SWTOR....and why 90% of the population fled the game.

Let us see. War, AOC, Rift all merged servers with in 5 months. Stop abusing the word 'fact' please.