Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Some TES video I found

I don't think I've become unhyped so quickly before.

Comments

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    I just read a couple pages of the comments.  Doesn't sound like the TES fans are too impressed.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • EntinerintEntinerint Member UncommonPosts: 868
    Old, but definitely worth a watch as a good primer on the basics.  Dig deeper and it only gets worse.
  • Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686

One positive thing. I bet it's not going to be overhyped - which is actually good for game. You can only be positively surprised. image

Edit. I was always fan of TES, I still remember Daggerfall....it was my favorite game for a long time.

I will give it a try, with low expectations.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• KrashnerKrashner Member Posts: 137
    Have they learned nothing from SWTOR? I actually feel sorry for the people who will end up paying to playing this, I might try it out when it goes F2P though.
  • ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by Sevenstar61

One positive thing. I bet it's not going to be overhyped - which is actually good for game. You can only be positively surprised. image

Edit. I was always fan of TES, I still remember Daggerfall....it was my favorite game for a long time.

I will give it a try, with low expectations.

Yea its been universally pooped on from every segment of the population, except for the DAoC fanatics.  I think the game will be a sleeper hit.  The game will start out poorly and continue to rise when gamers figure out it is a decent game with innovative features.  Plenjty of sandbox elements with some of the more requested and favorited themepark elements.  This is a good thing though.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• GreenishBlueGreenishBlue Member Posts: 263
    So you get to see all Tamriel only if you roll specific races?

• ZylaxxZylaxx Member Posts: 2,574
    Originally posted by GamerUntouch

I don't think I've become unhyped so quickly before.

Video was the initial release information that contains alot of factual errors and makes it sound as if the game isa typical MMO with its use of genereric phraseology.  I suggest you read:  http://tamrielfoundry.com/development-faq/ to get a truer sense on what is in and why the game is an innovative masterpiece.  (if it all works).  You also have to understand thsoe are Alpha footages and screeshots with alot of concept art.  If you follow any game, you should know the final product never looks like the initial releases, I suggest you watch the GW4 footage from E3 and you can see alot better footage that actually shows TES style graphics.

Originally posted by GreenishBlue
    So you get to see all Tamriel only if you roll specific races?

Yes. typical of DAOC style RvR content.  Its no different then being locked out of Morrowing while playing Skyrim.

Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online

Playing: GW2
    Waiting on: TESO
    Next Flop: Planetside 2
    Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.

• blognorgblognorg Member UncommonPosts: 643
    Holy shit! Did they actually admit to it being a WoW clone?! From it video it's hard to tell if they are just paraphrasing or if ZeniMax actually made those comparisons to WoW. I'm not passing judgement yet; I just think it's weird that they're not distancing themselve from WoW, considering the number of games that have tried to be like WoW and failed.