Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

So how much do you like Guild Wars 2?

Comments

• SiugSiug Member UncommonPosts: 1,257
    New and shiny lasted one week and I've never lost my interest in any MMO so fast before. Basically after doing first area you've seen everything. While it has some good things like beautiful cities it's also awfully shallow with tedious copy paste DE's and even zones. Maybe because it's f2p but I don't know. 
  • The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459
    Originally posted by Torgrim
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

GW2 was one of the most boring games I've ever played.  It's so incredibly repugnant to me, I'm repulsed by the mention of it.  Everything from the over zealous fans to the shallow gameplay makes me irritated that it has so much attention.  When I first started playing MMOs 11 years ago, GW2 is the polar opposite of what I envisaged a MMO would be like in 2012.  It is in my top 10 worst games of all time, perhaps even the top 5.

Game is complete trash...

IMO.

What makes GW2 so shallow?

What boggles my mind is that that guy you answer to, quicklyscott, who is on my block list since a quite long time now because of the repetition of always the same GW2 bashing, is still here, and sadly I still see his bis repetitas ad nauseum hate posts when quoted. He was here during beta bashing the game, he's still here, still bashing the game. What's the agenda of such people? Feeding on misery? A holy crusade to convince the fans their game sucks? So bored in his real life that he has to pass time on forums of games he self admitedly hates? For hell's sake, I'd be miles away from this forum and anything related to this game if I hated it that much.

And again, absolutely no reason given in his post except more bashing of the game and insulting of its player base.

Quite a good example of why some of the people who really enjoy and play the game are sometimes pissed on this forum.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto
    [mod edit]

Probably fewer than it's competitors. 

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Originally posted by The_Korrigan

GW2 was one of the most boring games I've ever played.  It's so incredibly repugnant to me, I'm repulsed by the mention of it.  Everything from the over zealous fans to the shallow gameplay makes me irritated that it has so much attention.  When I first started playing MMOs 11 years ago, GW2 is the polar opposite of what I envisaged a MMO would be like in 2012.  It is in my top 10 worst games of all time, perhaps even the top 5.

IMO.

What boggles my mind is that that guy you answer to, quicklyscott, who is on my block list since a quite long time now because of the repetition of always the same GW2 bashing, is still here, and sadly I still see his bis repetitas ad nauseum hate posts when quoted. He was here during beta bashing the game, he's still here, still bashing the game. What's the agenda of such people? Feeding on misery? A holy crusade to convince the fans their game sucks? So bored in his real life that he has to pass time on forums of games he self admitedly hates? For hell's sake, I'd be miles away from this forum and anything related to this game if I hated it that much.

And again, absolutely no reason given in his post except more bashing of the game and insulting of its player base.

Quite a good example of why some of the people who really enjoy and play the game are sometimes pissed on this forum.

The forums asked me on the front page "how much do you like GW2".  I'm not allowed to answer?  sigh... I don't go out of my way to "bash" any game thank you very much.  If I'm on your blocked list it is because you don't agree with my views, not because I go out of my way to purposely hate and troll.  I'm not going to let condenscending fools like you make me feel contrite so I'll step around my opinion so you don't think I'm a troll, that is dishonest.

I have no "agenda". 

I was hyped for the game, played beta, hated it, post my opinions.  The fact that you've blocked me because sometimes I express my opinions in a  vitrolic manner is your problem not mine.  I've done nothing wrong apart from not share your views.  Your post is a demonstration of your own immaturity, Mr. Holier Than Thou.

Also, please, search my post history, when was the last time I've "hated" on GW2.  Please, I'd love to know what you think constitutes hate.  Shit, apart from today I haven't posted in like 3 weeks ffs.

If infact you discover that you need to correct yourself and apologise for this misinterpretation of my character(which if you were honest you would), take me off your blocked list.  Thanks.

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    Cmon Korrigan, any retort?  I hope by tomorrow evening you've posted back. Good night.

• halflife25halflife25 Member Posts: 737
    Cmon Korrigan, any retort?  I hope by tomorrow evening you've posted back. Good night.

I wouldn't take anything he says seriously if i were you. Check his post history. It is nothing but full of personal attacks against anyone who criticises GW2? For some reason he is under the impression that it is GW2 fansite.

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363
    Originally posted by gieger808

I'm hoping developers take notice and we see more quality sandbox mmorpgs on the market.

Yes. GW2 is a sandbox, and here is the proof for it.

All joking aside, GW2 is as much a sandbox as SWTOR railshooter is a "space flight simulator".

But hey, thanks for the giggle.

• TorgrimTorgrim Member CommonPosts: 2,088

IMO.

What I'm intrested in why people feel this or that, why they feel this feature sucks compare to whatever game they like.

The point is they always write the same old..................shallow............nothing new to see here................ kind of argument but fail to explain what they really mean, what's good what is bad about the game.

They just use the the classic words to promote thier argument and lean back and think hey I made a great post and feel good about it.

If it's not broken, you are not innovating.

• dreamer05dreamer05 Member UncommonPosts: 679
    Originally posted by Randayn
    It's not a bad game, just a grindy game that feels generic.  I had a little bit of fun, but it had worn thin too quickly.

Very well put. This is exactly how I felt.

"God, please help us sinful children of Ivalice.."

• xSh0xxSh0x Member Posts: 125

I enjoy it for the same reason I enjoyed GW1.  The PvP strategy and game balance.  And the mesmer.  One of my favorite classes out of any game.

Anyone feeling underpowered, having problems soloing vets, or any other "capability" issues are simply behind the curve.  Its not a fault of the game design.

It'll probably be overshadowed by Arche Age, but its one of the better games of the past 10 years.  Only because the MMOs of the past 10 years have been easy to beat.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Still liking the game alot myself but I took a week vacation so I when I came back the game felt fresh again.  I did try it on my mac while away but playing with a track pad is horrible, need my controller for ths game. I notice most people who liked it from start still do and most who didn't don't, gos to show you should trust your own oppinion and gut. peace....
  • RizelStarRizelStar Member UncommonPosts: 2,773

IMO.

The forums asked me on the front page "how much do you like GW2".  I'm not allowed to answer?  sigh... I don't go out of my way to "bash" any game thank you very much.  If I'm on your blocked list it is because you don't agree with my views, not because I go out of my way to purposely hate and troll.  I'm not going to let condenscending fools like you make me feel contrite so I'll step around my opinion so you don't think I'm a troll, that is dishonest.

I have no "agenda". 

I was hyped for the game, played beta, hated it, post my opinions.  The fact that you've blocked me because sometimes I express my opinions in a  vitrolic manner is your problem not mine.  I've done nothing wrong apart from not share your views.  Your post is a demonstration of your own immaturity, Mr. Holier Than Thou.

Also, please, search my post history, when was the last time I've "hated" on GW2.  Please, I'd love to know what you think constitutes hate.  Shit, apart from today I haven't posted in like 3 weeks ffs.

If infact you discover that you need to correct yourself and apologise for this misinterpretation of my character(which if you were honest you would), take me off your blocked list.  Thanks.

I'm curious as well.

I might get banned for this. - Rizel Star.

I'm not afraid to tell trolls what they [need] to hear, even if that means for me to have an forced absence afterwards.

P2P LOGIC = If it's P2P it means longevity, overall better game, and THE BEST SUPPORT EVER!!!!!(Which has been rinsed and repeated about a thousand times)

Common Sense Logic = P2P logic is no better than F2P Logic.

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

I logged in for 15 mins today, bugged inside a wall during a story quest. Then tried an event in which the NPC disappeared. then logged off...

Pretty bored with the game now. Got 2 lvl 80's. There is no point in playing other than grinding gear right now. Started another character and got bored at lvl 3, its the same zones over again...

Taking a break playing some solo games like civilization etc...

• fiontarfiontar Member UncommonPosts: 3,682

I have about 470 hours of play time since the game went live. I still haven't "hit the wall". I still haven't seen the entire game world. I still haven't done dungeons. I've only played a few sPvP matches, (I love it, but don't want it to detract from my immersion in the PvE world right now, as has happened in other games). I think I've spent less than 20 hours in WvW.  In short, 470 hours of game play, tons still to do and still having a blast.

Definitely the best MMO since WoW. Maybe the best ever. Still not perfect, the game provides a blueprint and many lessons for even better games, but exponentially better than any of the current competition.

Want to know more about GW2 and why there is so much buzz? Start here: Guild Wars 2 Mass Info for the Uninitiated

• OziiusOziius Member UncommonPosts: 1,406
    It's pretty good. I'm having fun. I will leave for final fantasy reborne when t comes out.
  • Zeppelin8Zeppelin8 Member Posts: 18

I guess I played around 110 hours since the release, in a very very casual fashion. What I've got in hand is lvl 55 mesmer, and a lowbie guardian. Got to lvl 13 in pvp and did some WvW too.

I don't recall saying this before for any other game out there but this game is extremely boring. The Art is great, so are classes, balance is OK, dungeons are OK too. Having the option to dye your armor is great, crafting is somewhat fun. But still, its extremely boring. Every part of the game feels so disconnected from each other. You do WvW, for what purpose? Where is the fun in fighting with mindless zergs and going for the same objectives, over and over again.  SPvP is like CS, BF3 whatever. Don't get me wrong, I like e-sports, I played some really serious CS back in the day, but SPvP is still MEH. PVE is boring; same stuff over and over again, with hearts, poi's and vistas it is fun for a few days but after that, its rinse and repeat. I'm not the raid/gear/progress type but I still don't like it.

The game is so well made in many ways, well polished. Nice Art, big game world, balanced pvp, WvW, sieges etc. Sounds so good its almost unreal. But it's not immersive. I know other games have battlegrounds, SPvP stuff too, but in this game, it feels like you play some non-sense adventure with TERRIBLE writing and bad voice acting, then you move onto war rooms, you either auto attack castle gates or go head to head against other players in a very structured, linear setting with dumbed down talent trees.

MMO's nowadays taste like McDonalds. Same corporate shit getting more dumbed down with every new release and some call them innovative. Where is the creativity? Worse part is that this game has been labelled as chosen one, the salvation, resurrection and the doom of the p2p model.

How sad.

• NaralNaral Member UncommonPosts: 748
    Originally posted by grimal

Edit:  Also with the downleveling, I've noticed a couple areas where I was actually downleveled below the mob (was in a 37 area, I'm 44 and was downleved to 38 or so and was attacked by level 42 mobs)...what is up with that?

I noticed this too. I understand being downlevelled to the top of the level range for a given area, but it is a bit irritating to be lowered to 3 or 4 levelles below the mobs.

Downlevelling feels like an artificial challenge to me. On one hand, I like being able to group with a friend and helping him/her while we still have some fun with challenging content. But on the other hand, it feels like a lazy solution to creating content. "You can play through every zone and have it be challenging!" rather than "we made zones to challenge every level." 

I have very mixed emotions about the downlevelling and how/why it was implemented.

• AmjocoAmjoco Member UncommonPosts: 4,860
    Originally posted by cagan

I logged in for 15 mins today, bugged inside a wall during a story quest. Then tried an event in which the NPC disappeared. then logged off...

Pretty bored with the game now. Got 2 lvl 80's. There is no point in playing other than grinding gear right now. Started another character and got bored at lvl 3, its the same zones over again...

Taking a break playing some solo games like civilization etc...

I play at least 2 mmorpgs. Currently I'm rotating GW2, WoW (MoP), and Vanguard. 

I use to hate that feeling you are talking about where you have to make yourself play!  It felt to much like work then. I think if you play one and then the other you look forward to them more. 

Death is nothing to us, since when we are, Death has not come, and when death has come, we are not.

• IgorchtIgorcht Member UncommonPosts: 82
    I've got about 60 hours /age and my highest level character is 43.... getting pretty bored with it, actually, but over 60 hours for a game that only cost 60 bucks with no sub fee (and I never spent any money on gems) I suppose that's not too shabby. Still, probably the shortest time I've played an MMO that I didn't immediatey dislike.

"I am the weapon that strikes/In the hearts of men I thrive/Feeding their fear with lies/I will devour/I will divide/I am the god of hellfire/inside every man there lives a liar/before their gods they cower/I will divide/I will devour" - "Divide Devour" by Iced Earth

• evolver1972evolver1972 Member Posts: 1,118

IMO.

I have no "agenda". 

That is why you end up being blocked, and that is your problem, not that of someone who blocked you.

Also, "it's shallow", "it's boring", "I'm repulsed by it" are not very good explanations of your opinions.  It just smacks of trolling.  Much like saying "this game rocks!" and "best ever" smack of fanboyism.  So, instead of just shitting on a game you don't like, maybe try telling us why you think it sucks?  2 people have asked besides me, but you haven't answered yet.

Also, baiting someone (like you did in your second post addressed to Korrigan), will not help your case if you don't want to be considered a troll.

You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???

Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!

• SchuMidasSchuMidas Member CommonPosts: 8

outsite bots and cheats.

gameplay acctually nice and having fun with combat system by far or on par with TERA. thou animation lock on TERA kiling the fun

quest system also great

spvp ? not so much i dont like even gear, its no progress match

world pvp,overall i have a blast

economic stuff is so havoc. mystic forge is great but srsly

so i still having fun and worth playing

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

For me this game its the best mmorpg i ever played , as more as i play or try another class as more i love it, and after i got myself inside a nice guild the game started to shine , my advise its: get involved with nice people and you will have a blast , WxWxW or dungeons/PvE.

• tribalfreaktribalfreak Member Posts: 1

I'm personally liking the game so far. It's a refreashing change of pace from the usual gameplay nearly all other mmorpgs follow. To top it off, it's only a few months old. i can't help but wonder what they'll add and improve upon later down the road.

My one gripe is the fact that if you die, you can just port to a waypoint and run back to the fight. this basiclly makes a sort of zombie zerg at bosses where people keep dying and respawning at the nearest waypoint to jump right back into the fight.

• ChrisReitzChrisReitz Member Posts: 115
    Seems like complaing just went to polls. Wonder what is next going house to house?
  • MurlockDanceMurlockDance Member Posts: 1,223

I said "pretty good". I think it is a very nice game, but... I bought Torchlight 2 and that little game is just awesome! It stole me away from GW2.

I have been playing 80% TL2, 10% WoW and 10% GW2 since TL2 came out.

I think GW2 has a lot of longetivity to it that being said as long as I don't play it too much and too often that I get bored/burnt out. I think it and WoW will keep me occupied for a very, very long time.

Playing MUDs and MMOs since 1994.