Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you see yourself playing GW2 past 2012?

14567810»

Comments

• MwahahaMwahaha Member UncommonPosts: 126
    I plan on sticking around for a while..at least until Everquest 3..if that ever gets released and depending on how the game mechanics are.  As of now this is the game I'm sticking with.

Played:  EQ, EQ2, Vanguard, WAR, WoW, LoTRO, CoX, CO, GW2, FFXIV: ARR, AoC, Rift, TSW, SWTOR, TERA, BnS, ESO

• pedrostrikpedrostrik Member UncommonPosts: 396

i like GW2 and i think i'll play for the next years, im L60 and L39 playing from day 0 , but very few hours by week (RL affairs).
    Although, i must tell there's one thing that i really miss from GW1 - those infinite builds (some for pvp others to farm UW/FoW or greens), and above all the elite skill hunting - jeez i really miss those fights to get my 100º elite skill ... for me the GW2 skill gameplay its far worse than original GW1 - ok i like the new features as moving while casting or the dodge feature but i really miss those builds from GW1

• SchuMidasSchuMidas Member CommonPosts: 8

bots and cheat is every reason in every game i left

not saying a bit bots make its problem, but gw2 have overflow of bots in every corner. even the ones that reported for 3 weeks still around on their steady spot.

worst cs ever

• smh_alotsmh_alot Member Posts: 976
    Originally posted by Torvaldr

Originally posted by grimgryphon
    Originally posted by CujoSWAoA
    So that 27% who say they've already stopped.... How many are just Haters and have never even played the game or have no intentions. they just want to slant the poll?

Good point...next question...

So that 47% who say they'll play for over a year...

How many are just fanboys that blindly defend the game because they can't stand it when someone doesn't drool over what they enjoy? They just want to slant the poll?

See how that works?

Well the fanboys will probably play the game for more than a year.  If you're that hardcore of a fan that isn't so hard to believe.  That's why the positive numbers in these polls make more sense and are likely to be accurate.  Whereas the negative numbers very well could be people trolling the poll.

A good poll is really tricky.

I voted more than a year based on the premise that I've played GW1 since launch and I'm liking GW2 even more.  I don't have to pay a sub and can play at my own pace.  Why wouldn't I play more than a year?

So... basically what some people here are saying is that any negative poll here that's about a game - whether that's GW2, SWTOR, WoW/MoP, TSW, TERA etc - is unreliable, bc you'll have trolls and haters skewing the results? Interesting argument.

Thing is, there've always been many fans of games, even of GW2, that don't always stay fan, as seen a lot of times on these forums on this site with the amount of perpetually disgruntled and low-threshold intolerants roaming this site, so it's certainly not an automatic given that they'll stick around :-) Poll is lacking concrete body, but then again, what gives.
  • lilHealalilHeala Member UncommonPosts: 522

It's my new main game and my previous main game (lotro) lasted me 5 years while also playing other games (all major ones released basically) on the side.

I find myself having more stuffs to do in GW2 thanks to the downscaling (in PVE I'm the explorer / completionist type), really enjoying WvW, only scratched the surface of sPVP but will start tournaments soon, I've only done 4 story mode dungeons so far so still many paths to do, have only 1 lvl 80 and 1 lvl 35 with other 3 slots occupied by fresh characters so the altoholic will soon be relieved from his cold turkey, haven't maxed any crafting yet, am at 56% map completion etc.

At this rate (I've played 2 weeks after launch 16 hours a day, weekends still play 16 hrs per day and weekdays 3-4 hours per day) when I start getting the feeling I've been there and done that probably the first content update has been released :)

Of course it's a fresh game with still stuffs to be optimized and to be added but I'm confident I'll have things to enjoy for a long time to come which will definitely be past 2012.

• Rhianni32Rhianni32 Member Posts: 222
    Originally posted by nate1980

WvWvW also wasn't nearly as fun as DAoC, in fact, it wasn't any fun at all. It was pretty much be max level with good gear, or go home, because if you're not ranged you don't have much to do. If you get too close, you get focused and insta killed, and the long run back due to the long travel times made it less likely you were to want to engage, which made the entire experience even more boring. 

DAOC was my first MMO and I loved it but DAOC had a far worse problem of power differences because of realm ranks and artifacts. Here in WvW a person can actually do things and expect a reasonable chance of contributing. DAOC also had a far worse problem of standing around at the doors if you were melee. I have to wonder if you aren't having rose colored glasses with DAOC. My lvl 40 guardian is doing much more things in WvW then my RR6.5 warden with 5 lvl 10 artifcats ever did.

• grimgryphongrimgryphon Member CommonPosts: 682
    Originally posted by austriacus

So that 27% who say they've already stopped....

How many are just Haters and have never even played the game or have no intentions. they just want to slant the poll?

How many are just fanboys that blindly defend the game because they can't stand it when someone doesn't drool over what they enjoy? They just want to slant the poll?

See how that works?

the difference is that those fanboys as you call them are most likely still playing the game so they are relevant, while the haters who havent even touched the game are not

See how that works?

Show me that data that proves those 27% never played the game and I might take your post seriously.

See how THAT works?

Optional PvP = No PvP
  • FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348

I'll be playing it for years to come. I played GW1 for six years.

However, I played GW1 and now GW2 not like other MMOGs, where folks make it their second home, log in every night, for hours and hours on the weekends, build up their net 'family' guilds and live in the game. GW2 and GW1 aren't built like that. Rather, they are like any other game, you play it off and on when you are having fun, and move to other things when you aren't. I played GW1 over six years, but in total I probably put 3-400 hours into those years, and often didn't log in for more than a month. I'll be doing the same with GW2. At the moment I'm not playing it a whole lot because there are just so many other great games out right now. But once that calms down, I'll be hopping back into GW2 more regularly.

It's so nice not having that monthly fee hanging over my head pushing me to get my moneys worth.

• The_KorriganThe_Korrigan Member RarePosts: 3,459

Show me that data that proves those 27% never played the game and I might take your post seriously.

See how THAT works?

What he means is that there are just as many trolls who voted negatively than fans who voted positively, but among the trolls you have people who never even played the game. He never said that all the 27% were trolls who never played. It's normal that a fan of a game voted positively about it, but someone who never played the game and just bashes it is indeed a troll.

That's how it works.

Respect, walk, what did you say?
    Respect, walk
    Are you talkin' to me? Are you talkin' to me?
    - PANTERA at HELLFEST 2023
    Yes, they are back !

• austriacusaustriacus Member UncommonPosts: 618

How many are just Haters and have never even played the game or have no intentions. they just want to slant the poll?

See how that works?

the difference is that those fanboys as you call them are most likely still playing the game so they are relevant, while the haters who havent even touched the game are not

See how that works?

See how THAT works?

No one including me ever said this. The only thing that im saying is that in your post you say that you can give the same value to trolls and fanboys in relation to the poll. The only thing im saying is that while there may be fanboys that voted and there may be trolls, the trolls who never played the game dont actuallly count towards the poll but those fanboys do because they most likely are still playing the game and therefore relevant to the poll.

• TerranahTerranah Member UncommonPosts: 3,575
    I'll be playing indefinitely until something better comes along.  I do feel the game is lacking in the rp dept.  I would love to see more emotes, maybe housing.  Great game though.  Love the exploration. 
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668

See how that works?

See how that works?

See how THAT works?

No one including me ever said this. The only thing that im saying is that in your post you say that you can give the same value to trolls and fanboys in relation to the poll. The only thing im saying is that while there may be fanboys that voted and there may be trolls, the trolls who never played the game dont actuallly count towards the poll but those fanboys do because they most likely are still playing the game and therefore relevant to the poll.

the point is that almost 50% (trolls or not) says a fact. something that happened already. either they stopped or log in rarely.

the other 50% IMAGINE or GUESSING that they will be playing more than a year. thats not a fact. its a prediction.

if you want my prediction, they wont :)

• SynjynSynjyn Member Posts: 25

Something is missing in the game, I have never seen guilds crumble so soon in a game.

A lot of people I know came to the game for PVP (not spvp) but it really lacks here too, copy pasted maps, and no progression. I'm afraid no matter what you might think most players, especially pvpers want some reward for their efforts, to feel like they are acheiving something. There is nothing. DAoC, which was pretty basic in a lot of ways survived for years simply due to its pvp progression before most people even knew what an mmo was.

I see a lot of people anti pvp progression - in terms of abilities, or characters becoming stronger with it, but for me without it there is no real reason to bother.

• FionFion Member UncommonPosts: 2,348
    I think what is there is superior to what DAoC had at its launch. Things like Darkness Falls and RvR ranks didn't come into the game for upwards of a few years after launch. Since GW2's WvW mechanics are already better than RvR's were, the sieging, the area design, etc, it will only get better as Anet builds onto it.

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    Originally posted by Fion
    I think what is there is superior to what DAoC had at its launch. Things like Darkness Falls and RvR ranks didn't come into the game for upwards of a few years after launch. Since GW2's WvW mechanics are already better than RvR's were, the sieging, the area design, etc, it will only get better as Anet builds onto it.

It's too late, people have already gotten bored. So funny to watch a guild I know that was hyping this game up beyond belief only to crumble in less than a month. Now they're back to complaining. Even AoC lasted longer.

• Bad.dogBad.dog Member UncommonPosts: 1,131
    Originally posted by DMKano
    Originally posted by Synjyn

Something is missing in the game, I have never seen guilds crumble so soon in a game.

A lot of people I know came to the game for PVP (not spvp) but it really lacks here too, copy pasted maps, and no progression. I'm afraid no matter what you might think most players, especially pvpers want some reward for their efforts, to feel like they are acheiving something. There is nothing. DAoC, which was pretty basic in a lot of ways survived for years simply due to its pvp progression before most people even knew what an mmo was.

I see a lot of people anti pvp progression - in terms of abilities, or characters becoming stronger with it, but for me without it there is no real reason to bother.

No game after DAoC had yet matched the RvR system, especially with Darkneas falls and best 3 faction system to date.

Can you imagine how awesome GW2 would have been if they completely ripped off DAoC's system?

But no - nobody has come even close after almost 10 years! WTH developers.....

Sorry bud ...this post makes me think you didn't even play DAoC

• Kwonjah12Kwonjah12 Member UncommonPosts: 15
    My intrest in the game has died down quite a bit...  I thought this was gonna be the next mmo for me. Sadly not the case. WVW is just always a zerg fest. PvE/Instances got boring after a while. Now the only thing that keeps me logged in is, Spvp with my friends then I log off. :/
  • BrixonBrixon Member UncommonPosts: 259
    Sure I'll keep playing it. I don't have as much time to play MMO's anymore, which is fine since the genre is in decline anyway. Since GW2 doesn't cost anything but the box, I can always keep it on my computer and pop in to play when ever I want. Maybe some day we will get a MMO that might really suck me in, but frankly I just don't see it happening anymore. The industry is all about making money over great games now.