Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey - that guy is going to jump from 23 miles up!

Comments

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    here he goessssss!
  • MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    Originally posted by Myrdynn
    Originally posted by Aconsar

It amazes me the negative attitude of people commenting about it being "boring".  These are the same people that probably thought the Mar rover LIVE shots were boring...

Never ceases to amaze me how secular and closed-minded people can be.

no its not like its something we havent seen honestly, weve seen near space jumps, hes just higher.

its cool whatever, revolutionary, think money could be better spent elsewhere

kudos sir, kudos.

Are people seriously comparing this to rover live footage, which is much, much more interesting? Well, lets watch this just to see how it goes, since my Xenonauts crashed.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025
    Originally posted by Metanol

It amazes me the negative attitude of people commenting about it being "boring".  These are the same people that probably thought the Mar rover LIVE shots were boring...

no its not like its something we havent seen honestly, weve seen near space jumps, hes just higher.

kudos sir, kudos.

Are people seriously comparing this to rover live footage, which is much, much more interesting? Well, lets watch this just to see how it goes, since my Xenonauts crashed.

Actually yes. This has a human being in it. Tests like this are required to move forward attempts to land humans elsewhere. Several here are obviously clueless to the extremes current tech is being pushed here.

Thanks for being clueless though people. It is indeed entertaining.

You stay sassy!

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433
    This is the most awesome thing I've watched this whole year I think.  What if he dies live on air : /.  Oh god the suspense.

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192
    Originally posted by Tamanous

kudos sir, kudos.

Actually yes. This has a human being in it. Tests like this are required to move forward attempts to land humans elsewhere. Several here are obviously clueless to the extremes current tech is being pushed here.

I think tests to "move forward attempts to land humans elsewhere" is best reserved for Nasa and their actual missions into space..

not some guy going right on the edge of space and our atmosphere trying to set a couple records.

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

kudos sir, kudos.

if we landed on the moon how does this move the attempt forward in landed elsewhere?

seems you are clueless to me, this has nothing to do with landing anywhere, how is a he going to land on Mars in a balloon?

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063

Really when you think about it.  We are a technological primitive people, at least compaired to what we can envision in movies and books.

Just to go to the edge of our atmosphere he has to be in a tiny little box, that took 2 1/2 hours in a ballon to get him there, while wearing a super bulky space suit.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

Originally posted by tank017

kudos sir, kudos.

I think tests to "move forward attempts to land humans elsewhere" is best reserved for Nasa and their actual missions into space..

not some guy going right on the edge of space and our atmosphere trying to set a couple records.

Youre a little out of touch arnt you.

NASA doent launch people in space anymore. They have the Soviets or Space X do it.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,025

Good grief. You guys are on the website. READ the info provided as to what this is all about. It is much more than just a record attempt. 

The ENTIRE space race back in the 60's was a series of record attempts. That is how you move tech forward. The previous high altitude just 50 years ago was also a record. This is much more than a jump record. They detail all the things they are testing here and the technology they are hoping to move forward.

If this were a 100% NASA test everyone here would be thinking it's entirely for the space program and science. The space program now is driven by private industry. I was at the Kennedy Space Center less than 2.5 months ago and saw the evidence of this clear as day. Programs like this along with SpaceX and others are the future of space exploration. Get used to it.

You stay sassy!

Good grief. You guys are on the website. READ the info provided as to what this is all about. It is much more than just a record attempt. 

The ENTIRE space race back in the 60's was a series of record attempts. That is how you move tech forward. The previous high altitude just 50 years ago was also a record. This is much more than a jump record. They detail all the things they are testing here and the technology they are hoping to move forward.

If this were a 100% NASA test everyone here would be thinking it's entirely for the space program and science. The space program now is driven by private industry. I was at the Kenedy Space Center less than 2.5 months ago and saw the evidence of this clear as day. Programs like this along with SpaceX and others are the future of space exploration. Get used to it.

cool in 50 years we went 15000 feet, we should reach the moon by the year 4852 and Mars around 8231

F**k, that is a long way down.....

so much for live feed, they put it on delay incase he burns up

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

If this were a 100% NASA test everyone here would be thinking it's entirely for the space program and science. The space program now is driven by private industry. I was at the Kenedy Space Center less than 2.5 months ago and saw the evidence of this clear as day. Programs like this along with SpaceX and others are the future of space exploration. Get used to it.

cool in 50 years we went 15000 feet, we should reach the moon by the year 4852 and Mars around 8231

People have already been on the moon lol...there's just no reason to risk lives and expenses to go back. There's plans to go to Mars though but thats a much bigger undertaking, 5 month flight there.

Not for me, I see him standing on the edge...Maybe my stream is slow?

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Here we go. Jumps about to happen!
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott

Not for me, I see him standing on the edge...Maybe my stream is slow?

read under the feed, it says hes been descending the last 5 mins, stil in capsule

1,100 km/h free falling from 20km above the ground... what that would feel like is beyond my comprehension.

Originally posted by Pivotelite
    1,100 km/h free falling from 20km above the ground... what that would feel like is beyond my comprehension.

I bet he got an erection.

failed to break the free fall record

guess they need to start over

failed to break the free fall record

guess they need to start over

Guess he couldn't see well with the foggy helmet and decided to play it safe.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904
    Badass. 
  • tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

Well it was a good attempt..

strong work good sir,strong work.

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

I was thinking the same. How many can claim to have gone at that speed, kept safe by a spacesuit? :p

Originally posted by tank017

Well it was a good attempt..

strong work good sir,strong work.

Ah well, still broke speed record, height record and highest manned ballon flight.

Originally posted by NBlitz

I was thinking the same. How many can claim to have gone at that speed, kept safe by a spacesuit? :p

Just him I guess...lol.

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248
    I'm surprised, that was a beautiful jump - he sure had a nice spin going there too. But, oh well.

We?re all dead, just say it.