Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Hey - that guy is going to jump from 23 miles up!

TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
Watch it live...this is amazing.   http://www.redbullstratos.com/live/

Comments

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

wow cool, but wake me when its over and I can watch the highlights

snore

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Yeah, but it isn't often we get to watch history being made.   :)   So how cool is that?
  • bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751

Got called off last week so hoping he makes the jump this time (and it goes well ofc).

Been watching it since launch today, is epic stuff.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

• NBlitzNBlitz Member Posts: 1,904

YES, I've been tuning in for a bit now. 40k feet to go!

He's NUTS. I hope he pulls it off :p

• MetanolMetanol Member UncommonPosts: 248

"Hey - that guy is going to jump from 23 miles up!"

That's a good topic, but the real question should be; Who Cares?

I'd rather sit in living room for the whole day and stare out of the window, hoping to catch a glimpse of my neighbour's cat walking through my yard. Much more exiting, beautiful and culturally important.

We?re all dead, just say it.

• Four0SixFour0Six Member UncommonPosts: 1,175
    Originally posted by Teala
    Yeah, but it isn't often we get to watch history being made.   :)   So how cool is that?

I am old and have watched lots of history "live", much of which I wish I had not witnessed.

I do think this is a bad-ass jump though.

Originally posted by Metanol

"Hey - that guy is going to jump from 23 miles up!"

That's a good topic, but the real question should be; Who Cares?

I'd rather sit in living room for the whole day and stare out of the window, hoping to catch a glimpse of my neighbour's cat walking through my yard. Much more exiting, beautiful and culturally important.

He is not only going to jump from a height nobody has ever jumped from before, but he is going to try to break the sound barrier on the way down.    He'll be jumping from a height of over 120k feet!   That is awesome!   :)

• tank017tank017 Member Posts: 2,192

I soloed 3 elite mobs on my Mesmer yesterday..

where's my recognition?!?

Originally posted by tank017

Congrats!  Woot!   You can haz a cookie!    O  <<<  Nom this.

Is it oatmeal raisin?  cuz if it is I dont wannit.

Is it oatmeal raisin?  cuz if it is I dont wannit.

Sure...it's oatmeal raisin.    ♥  

• QuicklyScottQuicklyScott Member Posts: 433

Thanks for the link.

I hope he doesn't fall on a spike.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759

Crazy bastard.

Ugh, I'm getting vertigo just watching it, good luck to him, that is insane!  Haven't heard anything about this, so I'm thankful that you posted it here, I might of missed it.

I didn't know he was going for the flight record of a ballon as well.   That is cool.    And we're watching it live!   How cool would it be to to watch people land on Mars live?   We watched the rover.   It would be awesome to watch a manned mission to mars.    :)  

I wish NASA would launch a set of satellites that were constantly aimed back at earth and in geo-sync orbit - with high res cameras that we could tune into - like have a space webcam.  :)   That would be so very cool.   

I didn't know he was going for the flight record of a ballon as well.   That is cool.    And we're watching it live!   How cool would it be to to watch people land on Mars live?   We watched the rover.   It would be awesome to watch a manned mission to mars.    :)  

I wish NASA would launch a set of satellites that were constantly aimed back at earth and in geo-sync orbit - with high res cameras that we could tune into - like have a space webcam.  :)   That would be so very cool.   

That would be awesome.  You could see the night sky like how it is without any kind of light.  Very rare to see that these days, especially in Europe where there are very few places you can go at night where there is 0 light to corrupt the view of the night sky.

• AconsarAconsar Member Posts: 262

It amazes me the negative attitude of people commenting about it being "boring".  These are the same people that probably thought the Mar rover LIVE shots were boring...

Never ceases to amaze me how secular and closed-minded people can be.

• DOGMA1138DOGMA1138 Member UncommonPosts: 476

Originally posted by QuicklyScott

Originally posted by Teala I didn't know he was going for the flight record of a ballon as well.   That is cool.    And we're watching it live!   How cool would it be to to watch people land on Mars live?   We watched the rover.   It would be awesome to watch a manned mission to mars.    :)   I wish NASA would launch a set of satellites that were constantly aimed back at earth and in geo-sync orbit - with high res cameras that we could tune into - like have a space webcam.  :)   That would be so very cool.   
    That would be awesome.  You could see the night sky like how it is without any kind of light.  Very rare to see that these days, especially in Europe where there are very few places you can go at night where there is 0 light to corrupt the view of the night sky.
    It is very very black, the atmosphere is actually one of the reasons why you can see star light with a human eye...

If you got money go on one of the Mig flights in Russia, it will cost you but will get you to 60K feet or so enough to see the curvature of the earth, and the dark sky.

• HokieHokie Member UncommonPosts: 1,063
    Originally posted by QuicklyScott
    Ugh, I'm getting vertigo just watching it, good luck to him, that is insane!  Haven't heard anything about this, so I'm thankful that you posted it here, I might of missed it.

LOL

Me too.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• bunnyhopperbunnyhopper Member CommonPosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Aconsar

It amazes me the negative attitude of people commenting about it being "boring".  These are the same people that probably thought the Mar rover LIVE shots were boring...

I think, well I hope at least, that they are joking.

"Come and have a look at what you could have won."

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

There are people in this world that if it has no relevence to them then it has no meaning.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• stygianapothstygianapoth Member UncommonPosts: 185
    this is really cool
  • MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

no its not like its something we havent seen honestly, weve seen near space jumps, hes just higher.

its cool whatever, revolutionary, think money could be better spent elsewhere

So please tell me hes going to have a helmet cam when he jumps?

That would be so awesome.

Originally posted by bunnyhopper

If there was an Alien obliterating the Mars Rover as it was taking shots of the action...

then Id be excited.