Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Star Trek Online: Season 7 Dev Blog Opens

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

The first in a series of blog posts to lay out the details for Star Trek Online Season 7 has been posted. In it, Content Designer Chris Dods reveals that players will be able to take the fight to the Borg.

Over the past year, the Borg have been threatening the very existence of many species in the galaxy. Their advancements in the Gamma Orionis Sector Block have cost the Federation and Klingon Defense Force countless lives, but resistance has proved not to be as futile as the Borg would have liked. The nanovirus discovered at Starbase 82 (“Infected”) by Task Force Omega, along with the counteragent that was developed based on data found in the Vorn System (“The Cure”), has helped turn the tides of war. Also, the events in the Quadra Sigma System (“Khitomer Accord”) have helped prove that the Borg attacks on the Vega Colony were mere attempts at trying to alter the timeline to give them the upper hand. While Task Force Omega has been victorious thus far, the Borg threat remains, and a final battle must be won.

Read the full blog post on the Star Trek Online site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• bigcheeseukbigcheeseuk Member UncommonPosts: 133

They asked the community what was the number one thing they wanted to see?

Answer: Playable Romulans

So they work on the Borg. This is why you have no playerbase STO.

• AdamTMAdamTM Member Posts: 1,376
    Originally posted by bigcheeseuk

I thought what the community most wanted was a proper klingon storyline?

• spitfire1064spitfire1064 Member Posts: 61
    Originally posted by AdamTM

Could be wrong about this, but i thought playable romulans one then more klingon content two, either way both would be freakin awesome.

• ScivaSciva Member UncommonPosts: 298

STO has no playerbase? Thats news to me, you need to remember that they can't just go "Oh, these guys want romulans, we have a set plan for the next few months so lets scrap all that and work on them!"

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131

Hey Cheese, maybe you should play the game, and be a part of it's community before making such an ignorant, and completely untrue statement as you just did.

In fact, the  interactive content of this update are EXACTLY what we have been asking for. 

Maybe we don't have 7million panda bear trainers like youself, but we have an outstanding community and plently of active positive players.

PLayable Romulans being the number one thing asked for? Please, move along...

• TomBaker_fanTomBaker_fan Member Posts: 131
    Originally posted by spitfire1064

Could be wrong about this, but i thought playable romulans one then more klingon content two, either way both would be freakin awesome.

wrong, wrong, yes it would

• cagancagan Member UncommonPosts: 445

Awesome!

Can we plz have more lockboxes and other cash shop items?

I cant believe there will be some non-player generated content coming up for this game. Hopefully its just a myth and instead they will release more lockboxes...

definitely need more lockboxes...

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Check the date when the survey was made.  Then check the date the season 7 dev blog was made. Now calculate the amount of time between those two dates.

If you have followed the above steps, you should have realized that the amount of time is too small for them to actually start working on a new playable faction and make it ready by the next season.

Final step: apologize to Cryptic for falsely acusing them of not listening to their STO playerbase.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    I like STO and all, but I just hate playing Peek-a-Box.
  • MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

That was actually second place.  A close second place, but second place nonetheless.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    When in the first sequence I had to use movement keys to aim my starship I knew I had wasted my time downloading this game.  Can't believe someone let them attach the Startrek name to this game.  Poorest excuse for a space game I have ever seen.
  • TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

Yeah!  More lockboxes and C-Store content!!! 

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• rwyanrwyan Member UncommonPosts: 468

I had been itching for a sci-fi game so I went back to STO for a bit.  While I didn't enjoy my stay very much... I can say that it has a very active and very friendly playerbase!

By speaking with a number of players... most were pretty happy with the most recent direction of the game. 

• staranstaran Member UncommonPosts: 87
    Yeah. All the $ customization, grinds and lack of content makes this a horrible game.
    Originally posted by staran
    Yeah. All the $ customization, grinds and lack of content makes this a horrible game.

I have a fed and klingon at level cap, what is this "grind" you speak off?

• Hyperion5182Hyperion5182 Member Posts: 66

Bigcheesuk the day after this got dropped they launched a SECOND with the new sector zone. There looks to be a TON of player content with this season. And Romulans will be added in over time it looks like, not made half assed. I think they learned their lesson with the Klingon issues.

I give them credit for taking this view. Also Into the Hive has been advertised/prepped for for two YEARS. No one had a clue as to what it was going to be.

• staranstaran Member UncommonPosts: 87
    "What grind do you speak of?"
    Haven't played recently?
    Stf's? Starbase grind?
    You should log in and see it for yourself.
  • BurntvetBurntvet Member RarePosts: 3,465
    Originally posted by cagan

Awesome!

Can we plz have more lockboxes and other cash shop items?

I cant believe there will be some non-player generated content coming up for this game. Hopefully its just a myth and instead they will release more lockboxes...

definitely need more lockboxes...

Winner!

Not an accident that this BS started AFTER Cryptic was sold the the Chinese soft gambling F2P MMO company PWE.

I hope the US gov't gets around to looking at this stuff eventually, just because you are gambling for "virtual items", does not make the real money players pay for keys, some of whom are under 18, any less real.

And when they finally do, I'll laugh.

Originally posted by staran
    "What grind do you speak of?"
    Haven't played recently?
    Stf's? Starbase grind?
    You should log in and see it for yourself.

facepalm.jpg

You don't know what grind means do you.

• RoshaRosha Member UncommonPosts: 29

You don't know what grind means do you.

Most trekkies don't know what a grind is unless they make their Andorian virtually do it in the game.