Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

First PS3 screen shots

XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,848

http://news.dengeki.com/elem/000/000/544/544772/#eid544773

Yes, the graphics took a hit.

It uses a XMB style menu system. Meaning that you use the d-pad to move through different menu categories horizontally and then different sub-categories vertically.

Also, it uses the L2 and R2 buttons as modifiers. Meaning holding L2 and pressing the face buttons will have a set of 4 abilities and holding R2 and pressing the face buttons will have a different set of 4 abilities.

Lastly, it will be compatible with a keyboard and mouse if you dont like using a controller.

Comments

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Be interesting to see how it actually performs. I was kinda shocked when they said it would be on PS3, I didn't think the system could handle it.

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314

Hmm I was hoping for full HD, but it looks like it's another 720p game.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    games should be cross platform by now, and final fantasy is the only mmo to do it twice, on ps2 and on ps3, yeah graphics take it a hit but you guys make it sound like its being ported to an SNES, ps3 still looks good. .

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

Originally posted by Robokapp
    how does a PS3 take a screenshot?

PS button and START button at the same time

• MagiknightMagiknight Member CommonPosts: 782
    Is it just me or does the game look like shit?
  • Proximo521Proximo521 Member UncommonPosts: 283

Man, it must be exhausting to find something to shit on everyday... I get it and understand that these are forums... If you have to consistently remind people of how shitty this game looks, plays, the ideas of the game or anything else.. Its obvious you are either looking for a fight or someone to agree with you. In either case, if you have to convince anyone of the same, then you already lost. You are not simply trying to state an opinion and it is clear what you are doing.

Honestly, I thought the graphics looked pretty damn good. I was hoping this game would be more similar to FFXI than anything else. But I am not going to play this game. I was hoping for something else. But I am not going to spend my day consistently trying to troll it. Just saying. If you dont agree with me fine. Just pretend I dont exist. 

Good Day!

Originally posted by Proximo521

Man, it must be exhausting to find something to shit on everyday... I get it and understand that these are forums... If you have to consistently remind people of how shitty this game looks, plays, the ideas of the game or anything else.. Its obvious you are either looking for a fight or someone to agree with you. In either case, if you have to convince anyone of the same, then you already lost. You are not simply trying to state an opinion and it is clear what you are doing.

Honestly, I thought the graphics looked pretty damn good. I was hoping this game would be more similar to FFXI than anything else. But I am not going to play this game. I was hoping for something else. But I am not going to spend my day consistently trying to troll it. Just saying. If you dont agree with me fine. Just pretend I dont exist. 

Good Day!

It must just be me.

I dont understand how you guys are comming the conclusion that anyone in this thread is 'shitting' on the game.
    Who would come close enough to a game that smells as bad as this one to shit on it?
    Originally posted by drivendawn
    Magi,you must have nothing better to do go away.

Nice

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788

One thing that I've been wondering about is, will the PC gamepad control scheme be the same as on the PS3, since they will apparently have different interfaces? What I mean is, will the controls be the same as if I were playing it on a PS3, or will the PC version have it's own gamepad controller setup? I really like the sound of how the controls will work on the PS3 version, but I'll be playing it on a PC so I'm curious how similar (or not) it will be.

In short - do any of you know how the gamepad is going to work on the PC version?

• HeroEvermoreHeroEvermore Member Posts: 672

Having played every mmorpg on ps2 and ps3 and hundreds on PC.

Id bet all my eggs that the control scheme is 100% the same for ps3 as the PC.

EQOA was the first mmorpg on ps2 that had this kind of menu layout. It works amazingly well especially if you like to shortcut sayings and actions to things. I remember after playing EQOA for years id pick up another game and my hands would animate themselves to press those r2, left, left, up, up down shortcuts lol. Good times :D

Hero Evermore
    Guild Master of Dragonspine since 1982.
    Playing Path of Exile and deeply in love with it.

• NadiaNadia Member UncommonPosts: 11,798

the console version is expected next year

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/10/11/final-fantasy-14-for-ps3-exists-and-here-are-the-screens-to-pro/

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-06-13-final-fantasy-14-on-ps4-we-must-first-fulfil-that-promise-of-ps3

The PC and PS3 versions of the 2.0 game are being made simultaneously. And the Q1 2013 target for PS3 - "we're currently meeting that schedule", Yoshida said.

"For the PlayStation 3 version, it's not developed at a different time - they're both being developed at the same time. The teams that are working on developing have both the PC version up and the PS3 version up, making sure that development is going at the same time," he stated.

"Of course, because the PS3 has memory limitations - they're limitations that are not on the PC - there has to be some optimising that has to be done. We're working on that currently, right now.