It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!
1. Guild Wars 2
2. Guild Wars 1
4. DCUO (oops, forgot in my original post)
5. I was going to put Wizard 101 here, but though it's fun it's totally Pay2Win so that killed it for me.
Honestly, those are the only MMOs I've played for any length of time. I lost interest in Mytheon in about 2 days, Family Guy Online in about 7, and The Perfect World in about 4 hours.
You want me to pay to play a game I already paid for???
Be afraid.....The dragons are HERE!
Top 10? No way
These are the only two I played for years. The rest only lasted a few weeks and were big disappointments.
GW2 2 weeks, GW1 1 month, WAR 1 month, AoC 1 week, RIFT 2 weeks, RoM 1 month.
DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann
1. EQ (before Plains of Power expansion)
4. Saga of Ryzom
6. Fallen Earth
.............When in doubt, troll.
I don't have 10 and all my favourite MMOs are before WOW except for Darkfall:
1) EQ2 (Pre-Rok)
3) SWG (Pre-NGE)
7) WOW (Vanilla)
3. I can't think of another MMO that didn't just piss me off.
Not in any order.
Age of Conan
Star Wars: The Old Republic
Star Trek Online
All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes
In no order:
1. Age of Conan
2. Vanilla WoW
5. City of Heroes
7. Asherons Call 2
I could not even make 10, no game I have played since Lotro deserves being in a top 10.
You received 25 Agrees. You're posting some good content. Great!
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Now Doesn't That Make You Feel All Warm And Fuzzy? :P
Not in any particular order
1. Ultima Online (thou I know now how much I dislike macroing there and game relying on it)
2. WoW Vanilla (left before BC as I saw which direction it was going)
3. Lotro (pre-f2p)
That's it basically. I think I would like SWG pre-NGE if I would knew about it's existence back then, as I was not as aware of mmorpg market these days. How many and what titles were, there, etc
Other mmprpg's I played don't deserve to be on that list.
I really like these lists
Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)
1 WoW vanilla
2 WoW BC
3 WoW WotLK
My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.
When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.
Originally posted by Entinerint 1. SWG 2. UO 3. Darkfall Online 4. Mortal Online 5. Fallen Earth 6. Everquest 7. Asheron's Call 8. Planetside 2 (I'm in the beta) 9. Shadowbane 10. Vanguard I see you Zylaxx :P
Yup and I see DAoC on the list of everyone who played it. Case proven.
Everything you need to know about Elder Scrolls Online
Playing: GW2Waiting on: TESONext Flop: Planetside 2Best MMO of all time: Asheron's Call - The first company to recreate AC will be the next greatest MMO.
1. Anarchy Online (Shadowlands)
6. Age of Conan
8. Tabula rasa
9. Star wars the old republic
2. WoW Vanilla/TBC
3. GW 2
3. World Of Warcraft
Although I played EQ for 4 years compared to the 6 month I played DAoC, DAoC was clearly the better game. It just came at a time when I had completely burned out.
Originally posted by Cheesum There're four pages and not one line of discussion. I understand why some forums forbid their users from making "list" threads.
What discussion should there be? People trolling eachother trying to convince everyone else that they dont really like those games that they listed?
Only listing 6 since anything after that it was more than likely played a few months and never came back.
1. EVE (Beta - 2008)
2. WoW (BC - Present)
3. EQII (Beta - 2012)
4. RIFT (Beta - Present)
5. Warhammer (Beta - 2011)
6. LOTRO (MoM - 2011)
I'm not an IT Specialist, Game Developer, or Clairvoyant in real life, but like others on here, I play one on the internet.
1: Lineage 2
3: Vanguard: Saga Of Heroes
4: Star Wars: The Old Republic
6: Grenado Espada
7: Jade Dynasty
8: Allods (post CS cockups)
9: War Of The Immortals
10: Could be RaiderZ after playing the stress test this weekend and having lots of fun.
This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.
1) City of Heroes (unmatched character customization, and ability to design your own missions)
2) Star Wars: The Old Republic (story intensive)
3) Ultima Online (classless system, not to mention treasure hunting!)
4) World of Warcraft (It's Warcraft! And it merged the best aspects of the MMO's of that day)
5) Dungeons and Dragons Online (best quest/mission design - and it even has traps that need disarming!)
6) Lineage 1 (you never forget your first)
7) Warhammer: Age of Reckoning (I liked having the ability to level entirely on PvP if you chose to)
8) Guild Wars 2 (low on the list since I got sidetracked, but I like what I've seen and the various systems they have in game)
9) DAoC (I liked the setting and gameplay)
10) All the rest that I've tried briefly (ArchLord, Red Moon, Silkroad Online, etc...)
My SWTOR referral link for those wanting to give the game a try. (Newbies get a welcome package while returning players get a few account upgrades to help with their preferred status.)
Feel free to send me a message if you want a guest pass to try Black Desert Online as well!
Here is my list:
3. EQ2, pre easy mode
5. Lineage 2
DDO, Anarchy Online(shadowlands), both in there somewhere
1. Star Wars Galaxies (Pre-NGE)
2. Ultima Online (Pre Trammel)
3. WoW (Vanilla and TBC)
4. City of Heroes
6. Guild Wars 2
7. The Secret World
9. Everquest 2
i would have to say that DAOC is my favorite all time mmo--played until TOA took over.
honorable mentions are :
everquest 1 (First MMO)---played until raiding completely took over (just before luclin i believe)
Guild Wars 2-----playing now
World of Warcraft---played until raiding took over (i hit 60)
While i like science fiction, mmo's based on it dont seem to work for me.