Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Where did everyone go?

124»

Comments

  • MindTriggerMindTrigger La Quinta, CAPosts: 2,596Member
    Originally posted by jayfeeler69
    Cant expect a game despite all its claims of innovation, to do well, when it is just another wow clone but modern day

    It's quite a bit more than a WoW clone, but it's is just a themepark at the end of the day.  A quick one at that.

    A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

  • GravargGravarg Harker Heights, TXPosts: 3,332Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by halflife25

    Where did everyone go?

    Well i am playing GW2 ;)

    I'm playing WoW, I got the 75 level 25 pet achievement, and about to finish it up, I just have to beat Aki the Chosen,  I've lost 3 times, she's really really hard :(

  • CyraelCyrael VA, USAPosts: 88Member Uncommon
    GW2 here as well, though I expect to resub to TSW in another month or so once I've exhausted the better part of GW2's content.
  • erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,026Member Uncommon

    I have no clue we have 384 folks in the cabal I was just in.  Normally only 4 or 5 of us on.  I just canceled my sub due to lack of anything going on.  You want to run nightmare mode well you got to have an active cabal to do that just running a pug gets you know here quick.

    I see a good 30 folks always around Agatha,  I tried the pvp and found it boring as most folks are only capturing the wells and well not doing actually pvp (kind of an unwritten rule) i found out.

    Oh well I just got sick and tired of running the same 3 zones every 3 days to grind up the wheel.  Only so many times you can rerun the same quest before you get sick and throw up.

    The rocket launcher quest was nice but I been there and done that,  I have no interest in rolling an alt, there is no reason too.  So all you are left with is pvp and rerunning the same crap day after day. 

    Oh well anohter game that launched without enouch crap to keep anybody busy for long.

  • RobsolfRobsolf Grand Rapids, MIPosts: 4,249Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Kyleran

    Not a lot of people joining up new, and no real incentive to create alts to re-run content, going to leave a real void at the lower levels.

    Best to wait for it to go F2P which will breath new life into the lower levels.

     

    Ya can pretty much end the thread with this one.image 

    It's a fun ride to Transylvania, but with almost all the content being repeatable, every character able to have full access to every skill and there being such a miniscule difference between the content of the factions, there's not much reason to reroll.

    They may as well allow you to reset the main story so you can do it, again.  I'd like to run every piece back to back so as to fully understand the context.  But before I'd reroll a new toon and labor through the content I've already done a half dozen times, I'll just watch somebody else go through it on youtube.

  • erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,026Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Robsolf
    Originally posted by Kyleran

    Not a lot of people joining up new, and no real incentive to create alts to re-run content, going to leave a real void at the lower levels.

    Best to wait for it to go F2P which will breath new life into the lower levels.

     

    Ya can pretty much end the thread with this one.image 

    It's a fun ride to Transylvania, but with almost all the content being repeatable, every character able to have full access to every skill and there being such a miniscule difference between the content of the factions, there's not much reason to reroll.

    They may as well allow you to reset the main story so you can do it, again.  I'd like to run every piece back to back so as to fully understand the context.  But before I'd reroll a new toon and labor through the content I've already done a half dozen times, I'll just watch somebody else go through it on youtube.

    I totaly agree and this is why there is no reason to roll an alt, you get every skill.  so why would you, unless you wanted to try the story mission to the other 2 factions.  No thanks.

     

  • jayfeeler69jayfeeler69 sacramento, CAPosts: 94Member
    Originally posted by Robsolf
    Originally posted by Kyleran

    Not a lot of people joining up new, and no real incentive to create alts to re-run content, going to leave a real void at the lower levels.

    Best to wait for it to go F2P which will breath new life into the lower levels.

     

    Ya can pretty much end the thread with this one.image 

    It's a fun ride to Transylvania, but with almost all the content being repeatable, every character able to have full access to every skill and there being such a miniscule difference between the content of the factions, there's not much reason to reroll.

    They may as well allow you to reset the main story so you can do it, again.  I'd like to run every piece back to back so as to fully understand the context.  But before I'd reroll a new toon and labor through the content I've already done a half dozen times, I'll just watch somebody else go through it on youtube.

    Correct even tor had more reason to play an alt than TSW does

  • Agent_JosephAgent_Joseph SarajevoPosts: 1,070Member Uncommon

    i still back in lowers areas when someone looking for company or help on faction /cabal chat

    And have fun as first time run old missions

    only EVE is real MMO...but I am impressive with TSW

  • bcbullybcbully Westland, MIPosts: 8,277Member Uncommon
    on a positive note TSW saw a player hour gain from last week monday to this week monday. This is seldom seen in any game. 
  • saxifrsaxifr East Hartford, CTPosts: 381Member Common

    Not sure what the confusion is. Best game I have ever played. Every time I set foot in blue mountain and transylvania, there are HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS of people waiting to play with me.

    I've never had so much fun in an MMO with such a cheap sub fee, and neither have they!

     

    RELAX!@!! BREATHE!!!

  • Loke666Loke666 MalmöPosts: 17,982Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Robsolf

    Ya can pretty much end the thread with this one.image 

    It's a fun ride to Transylvania, but with almost all the content being repeatable, every character able to have full access to every skill and there being such a miniscule difference between the content of the factions, there's not much reason to reroll.

    They may as well allow you to reset the main story so you can do it, again.  I'd like to run every piece back to back so as to fully understand the context.  But before I'd reroll a new toon and labor through the content I've already done a half dozen times, I'll just watch somebody else go through it on youtube.

    That is a problem with all classless games really. There is no need to roll an alt whatsoever.

    They should have made the 3 factions closer to classes and have a large amount of skills unique to the faction.   

  • VhalnVhaln Chicago, ILPosts: 3,159Member
    Originally posted by Loke666

    That is a problem with all classless games really. There is no need to roll an alt whatsoever.

    They should have made the 3 factions closer to classes and have a large amount of skills unique to the faction.   

    Wasn't an issue in UO, to use the most obvious example.. Even in a skill system, it's very much a design decision, whether or not you want people to be able to do everything on one character.

    When I want a single-player story, I'll play a single-player game. When I play an MMO, I want a massively multiplayer world.

  • Ambros123Ambros123 Neverneverland, TNPosts: 877Member
    Originally posted by saxifr

    Not sure what the confusion is. Best game I have ever played. Every time I set foot in blue mountain and transylvania, there are HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS of people waiting to play with me.

    I've never had so much fun in an MMO with such a cheap sub fee, and neither have they!

     

    Thousands?... yeah... riiiight.......

    And isn't it a standard sub price of $15?  Not exactly cheap if it's the standard pricing.

  • erictlewiserictlewis Cottondale, ALPosts: 3,026Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by saxifr

    Not sure what the confusion is. Best game I have ever played. Every time I set foot in blue mountain and transylvania, there are HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS of people waiting to play with me.

    I've never had so much fun in an MMO with such a cheap sub fee, and neither have they!

     

    Wow, not sure if your trolling or just saying that to be sarcastic.  Thousands of folks in blue mountains and in transilvania.  What sever, need a screen shot of that.  I usually see 5-6 folks in each of those 2 zones.  Lol Hundreds, and thousands sure not on the server I was lol.

    Somebody is telling a big one.

     

  • SevenwindSevenwind Somewhereville, TXPosts: 2,198Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by erictlewis
    Originally posted by saxifr

    Not sure what the confusion is. Best game I have ever played. Every time I set foot in blue mountain and transylvania, there are HUNDREDS IF NOT THOUSANDS of people waiting to play with me.

    I've never had so much fun in an MMO with such a cheap sub fee, and neither have they!

     

    Wow, not sure if your trolling or just saying that to be sarcastic.  Thousands of folks in blue mountains and in transilvania.  What sever, need a screen shot of that.  I usually see 5-6 folks in each of those 2 zones.  Lol Hundreds, and thousands sure not on the server I was lol.

    Somebody is telling a big one.

     

     Post history...cough...post history. All is revealed.

    .. .... .- - . - .-. --- .-.. .-.. ... .-- .... --- .-. . .--. --- .-. - .-.-.-

    --------------------------------------------------------
    Promote what you love instead of bashing what you hate.

  • fenistilfenistil GliwicePosts: 3,005Member
    Originally posted by Vhaln
    Originally posted by Loke666

    That is a problem with all classless games really. There is no need to roll an alt whatsoever.

    They should have made the 3 factions closer to classes and have a large amount of skills unique to the faction.   

    Wasn't an issue in UO, to use the most obvious example.. Even in a skill system, it's very much a design decision, whether or not you want people to be able to do everything on one character.

    Cause classless design is not a problem.  Problem with empty zones in any themepark (sooner or later) is that they are maps you complete and rarely if ever come back.   That's design of games.  

    UO did not have this problem because game world was not a more or less linear path you were wolking from one point (start - low level) to finish (end game high level zone) like it is in most mmorpg's.

  • ScribbleLay1ScribbleLay1 Mt Pleasant, SCPosts: 177Member
    I actually like the game, just tired of the hacking and slashing to get from point A to point B.  I think the last time I played was when the Rocket Launcher first came out, what a dissapointment, my AR did more damage than that thing, so much for first strike damage.  Like I said, don't get me wron, I like the game, just not enough to play it more than two or three times a month and just FYI everytime I hit the Burning Desert I was lucky to find more than 5 people.
  • OrtwigOrtwig Cambridge, MAPosts: 1,159Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ScribbleLay1
    I actually like the game, just tired of the hacking and slashing to get from point A to point B.  I think the last time I played was when the Rocket Launcher first came out, what a dissapointment, my AR did more damage than that thing, so much for first strike damage.  Like I said, don't get me wron, I like the game, just not enough to play it more than two or three times a month and just FYI everytime I hit the Burning Desert I was lucky to find more than 5 people.

    Do you know about /reset?  Allows you to jump from waypoint to waypoint -- just dequip before doing.  There are definitely areas you need to be careful about entering, but there's usually a way around, just need to do a bit of strategizing first -- don't just wade in -- bad idea!  I've been seeing more people running around recently too.

124»
Sign In or Register to comment.