Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

EA Sells Same Exact Game Two Years In a Row (Again)

Comments

• ColumbiaTrueColumbiaTrue Member Posts: 47
    Originally posted by Starpower
    Originally posted by ColumbiaTrue

http://games.yahoo.com/blogs/plugged-in/ea-blasted-selling-same-fifa-game-two-years-184754450.html

The boycott of EA as far as I am concerned is ongoing. It was never lifted. But some individuals apparently did not receive the memo.

M E M O R A N D U M 

• TO: You
    • FROM Gaming World
    • DATE: 11 OCT 2012
    • RE: Boycott of EA

S T O P buying EA games!

S T O P the EA abuse!

Do not enable this E.V.I.L. company!

###

It is a shame to think how many people missed the above memo and have been subjected to the abuses of this company. No single organization has effected more harm on the gaming community from its employees to its customers than EA. 

EA = EVIL (it is insists on reinforcing this through its continued abuses)

You will be out there buying Sim City 5 next year no matter what you say or deny it.

The risk is that Sim City 5 does not meet my expectations. I have been waiting ten years for Sim City 5. Any of the good games that EA got its hands on, it destroyed such as Dungeon Keeper.

EA is utterly committed to dumbing us down, undermining innovation and creativity in gaming, and running itself as an an organizational dictatorship.

"The truth is EA lies." - Youtube User

Sim City. Everquest. Civilization. Dungeon Keeper. Vampire: The Masquerade. These are the games that I love and cherish.

• TyvolusNextTyvolusNext Member Posts: 192
    Im sorry, I dont feel sorry for anyone who gives their hard earned $$$ to EA.  By now, we all know, and have known for a while they are a filthy company that makes garbage games. 
  • Pale_FirePale_Fire Member UncommonPosts: 360

I'm not boycotting anybody.  I've bought EA games in the past and I'll continue to buy them as long as I believe the price and the product is a value.  Some games I'll buy, some games I won't. 

I'll make my own informed decsions.

Originally posted by Pale_Fire

II've bought EA games in the past and I'll continue to buy them. 

I'll make my own informed decsions.

1) You're an enabler. You enable companies like EA to rip you off.

2) You are nto making an informed decision. That is precisely the point I was trying to make: people are purchasing last year's game expecting this year's content. But the content is the same.

In the businss world, that is known as deceptive practices. If I had a box of widgets and I changed the date from 2011 to 2012 and sold it at 2012 prices, I could be sued by the state attorney general and in a civil action.

I look forward to someone suing EA for this unlawful and deceptive business practices.

Sim City. Everquest. Civilization. Dungeon Keeper. Vampire: The Masquerade. These are the games that I love and cherish.

• Laughing-manLaughing-man Member RarePosts: 3,654
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

news@11

It´s a soccer game, what do you expect to change? The rules? Color of the playfield?

Another ridiculous attempt to company bashing.

So how much research did you put in before enlightening us all with your wisdom?

Oh none?

I can tell because this is a legit scandal...

Here, Educate yourself  Thanks

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/09/27/fifa-13-wii-vs-fifa-12-wii-the-shocking-truth/  heres yet another.

• odinsrathodinsrath Member UncommonPosts: 814

you know ever sence EA went into mmorpg market..and fell on its face everytime..i said id never by any EA mmo even if all they are doing is slaping EA  sticker on it just to sell some boxes...but i went out and bought madden 13 and its the biggest load of crap..doesnt EA have the sports titles for a certain amount of years? if so i rly hope their rein is about over...2Ksports is KILLING the EA sports product..i would rly love to see what they can do with football cuz their basketball is flawless..but IMHO EA and the COD / HALO franchises are and have become a utter joke releaseing the same game ...nothing much changed or even different from year to year or every 6 months...but as long as moms / dads fork out the cash for thier kids ...they will always be there lurking in the dark with a shiny new box

• KingJigglyKingJiggly Member Posts: 777
    Oh come on. It is soccer. Nothing important.
  • TGSOLTGSOL Member Posts: 274

To spell this out for the thinking-impaired who are actually somehow OK with this (I'm hoping it's because they aren't trully understanding what's going on here): when people say it's the same game, they don't mean in the sense that "CoD 4 and 5 are basically the same game!" or how so many MMO's are "basically the same" as WoW; i.e., people aren't complaining that it's just very similar to previous versions. The issue is that this is literally the exact same game; same graphics, same game modes, same menu's, same animations, same everything except rosters, and that's it. And their charging full price for it.

Imagine Blizzard coming out with "World of Warcraft 2" that they sell at full price and charge a seperate subscription fee for, except that rather than being a new game, it's actually literally the exact same game as WoW in every way except the cities/zones/NPC's/etc. have different names ("Thunderbreeze" instead of "Stormwind", etc.). This is what's going on here. If you're perfectly OK with that, then quite frankly, you're an idiot.

• kaiser3282kaiser3282 Member UncommonPosts: 2,759
    Originally posted by Laughing-man
    Originally posted by Yakamomoto

news@11

It´s a soccer game, what do you expect to change? The rules? Color of the playfield?

Another ridiculous attempt to company bashing.

So how much research did you put in before enlightening us all with your wisdom?

Oh none?

I can tell because this is a legit scandal...

Here, Educate yourself  Thanks

http://www.nintendo-gamer.net/2012/09/27/fifa-13-wii-vs-fifa-12-wii-the-shocking-truth/  heres yet another.

That is pretty sad. Those screenshots are amusing. Identical in pretty much every way. Even the one witht he 2 guys standing at the ball, both are identical. Not one thing has changed, even the position of the ball in comparison to the guys shoe. It really does appear they literally sold the same game twice. Like they took all files, code, etc for FIFA 12, went in and changed the names in the files, packaged it and shipped it off.

So they managed to kill what little hope was left for WAR quickly after taking over. Came out with that ridiculous Warhammer game Wrath of Heroes afterwards. Completely screwed up with SWTOR after investing the most money ever in an MMO. And now stuff like this. Im sure theyve screwed up other things as well between those but dont feel like going through the list. Man these guys are on a roll. 

Yet the cash never stops flowing in for them because many people just never learn.

• CorehavenCorehaven Member UncommonPosts: 1,533

I'm not boycotting anything.  If there's a game I want I'm buying it.  I don't buy many anyways. 

But when the Mass Effect Trilogy comes out in Nov. I'm getting it on my PS3.  I had ME1 and ME2 on the Xbox 360 and then I got the red rings of death and half my games are 360.  I'm still ticked.  I had a cooling fan on the back of the thing too.  Stupid machine.  I've boycotted Microsoft consoles if that means anything. 

But in Nov. I can finally get ME1 and ME2 back, and I'll get ME3 on top of it (not that I really care about it). 

It is astonishing and wrong---ethically, morally, and legally wrong---to sell to customers the same product from the prior year with a new date on it and another price.

Perhaps someone can help me with those that are not pariticpating in the boycott and in receipt of the memo:

• These victims ("low-information voters" as experts call them in the politcal realm) purchase a product with 2012 on it for $59.99 and change;
    • Then, they purchase the same 2012 game with a 2013 date for another $59.99 and change.
    • They were duped. Even the media is exposing the deceptive practices.

- - Do they not realize that they purchased the same product two years in a row and were duped out of money? - -

Is this stockhom syndrom in gaming? The victim is defending the offender - shocking. 

• RaysheRayshe Member UncommonPosts: 1,279
    Its stupid to get pissed off about a company releasing the same game over and over, if you dont like it dont buy it. Now in terms of sports games, getting pissy about this is beyond stupid. we have known that sports games are the same for YEARS. there is very little you actually can change about them. We will take the WWE series now for example. I played SDVR 2011 and i played WWE 12. EVEN THE BUGS ARE THE SAME. so really anything that can be consitered sports related and released as such shouldnt be bitched about. they are just stupid little cash sinks that every drooling sports fan falls into.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Whahaha.... now that's what I call and uber quick easy cash grab.

- Update the player roster (probably less than an hour or two work for one employee).

- Move logo's around a bit, Change Fifa 12 to Fifa 13 (about 5 minutes work for one employee).

Sell for 50 bucks.

ROFL.

^this^

God I have to admit I wsh I could get in on this cash grab. kinda like winning 2-3 lotteries at once. On the other hand its kinda sad to see how truely stupid  so many sheepeople urmm I mean gamers are. No wonder most game companies don't listen to gamers, all they have to do is look at things like this as proof that gamers will fork out tons of money for the same old crap in a slightly different wrapper.

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Corehaven

I'm not boycotting anything.  If there's a game I want I'm buying it.  I don't buy many anyways. 

But when the Mass Effect Trilogy comes out in Nov. I'm getting it on my PS3.  I had ME1 and ME2 on the Xbox 360 and then I got the red rings of death and half my games are 360.  I'm still ticked.  I had a cooling fan on the back of the thing too.  Stupid machine.  I've boycotted Microsoft consoles if that means anything. 

But in Nov. I can finally get ME1 and ME2 back, and I'll get ME3 on top of it (not that I really care about it). 

Good that you don't care about ME3 as t was the artistic dump that killed the series for many. but hey at least you get to see the same ending where nothing you do in any on the games in 3 different colors!

Bioware IS dead, Ea on the other hand is at least still making a buck off thier sports games, not sure one can really blame them they are a business and if stupid gamers want to throw thier money away why not take it?

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    It could be like Madden.. This years game doesnt even have franchise...
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by bubaluba
    Poor boy:(  What did this monsters from EA  to you??? Cmon say it, do not be afraid and share that ''abuse'' with us. Was that something like what Alliens do to people in spaceships?

Well mister, they took my money and gave me a game I already owned. On top of that they closed the servers of a game that had recently launched after taking my money for the right to play online. After that they closed down servers to a multiplayer game I really enjoyed and that was still popular simply to get people to buy their new version of the game. And that was just the recent stuff, I'm afraid to go into what I may have repressed. 

• DrunkWolfDrunkWolf Member RarePosts: 1,701

Call of Duty has been doing this for years. its smart because people are to stupid to figure it out.

• AegisSagaAegisSaga Member Posts: 33
    Originally posted by DrunkWolf

Call of Duty has been doing this for years. its smart because people are to stupid to figure it out.

I don't think you people are understanding. CoD games are similar, yes, like many other franchises; but they are not EXACT copies. This is a special case, it's the EXACT same game. 

• RoinRoin Member RarePosts: 3,444

Seriously it amuses me, all these people complaining.  Yet I haven't heard one comment or idea as to how you change a sports game.  That's been the same for.. I don't know, how long has it been around?  EA will always be damned if they do, damned if they don't.  If they hadn't released a new FIFA this year, chances are you'd probably still be complaining.  Don't change anything you are evil.  Change something you are evil.  It is just impossible to win with gamers.

Edit: Yes I speak from experience.  Bioware is still on my shit list for what they did to DA2.

In War - Victory.
    In Peace - Vigilance.
    In Death - Sacrifice.

• AusareAusare Member Posts: 850
    How much does EA have to play FIFA to keep the license?
  • GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by Roin

Seriously it amuses me, all these people complaining.  Yet I haven't heard one comment or idea as to how you change a sports game.  That's been the same for.. I don't know, how long has it been around?  EA will always be damned if they do, damned if they don't.  If they hadn't released a new FIFA this year, chances are you'd probably still be complaining.  Don't change anything you are evil.  Change something you are evil.  It is just impossible to win with gamers.

Edit: Yes I speak from experience.  Bioware is still on my shit list for what they did to DA2.

I have a good idea on how to change sports games. End the monopoly held by EA on sports games. And no, sadly if EA didn't release a new game this year I think most would let loose a sigh of relief. When EA launches a new game if it doesn't sale as well as they like they have no issue killing a game you do like in the hopes of you buying the new one lol. 

• SlyLoKSlyLoK Member RarePosts: 2,698
    Originally posted by Roin

2K has never had problems doing so... Their NBA offering has gotten better year after year and their football game NFL2K5 still has yet to be topped and that was on the LAST generation of consoles ( APF 2K8 was also really good gameplay wise ).. 

• YakamomotoYakamomoto Member Posts: 363

Is there any sane gamer who would buy more than one soccer game for Wii (say, Fifa 11, Fifa 12)  plus version 13 and complain because he bought the same thing three times in a row?

How about.. not buying more than one football game for your console??

I can guarantee that Fifa 13 is not a sequel to Fifa 12 with new story and flying unicorn mounts.

Bwa-hahaha....

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424
    It's nothing new, the last Modern Warfare is EXACTLY EXXXXXXXACTLY the same game as the previous one.  It has the same models, same graphics, same maps, same guns, same phsyics, same everything, except they added some maps.  So when it launched you paid $60 for a map pack that every other game would only charge you ~$10-15 for...and you can't play against players in the old game, so you had to buy it....I boycott Call of Duty games now after this blatant copying.  At least in previous games, and games from other developers, they tweak the game and add in some newer things.  The engine and coding in this game was exactly the same as the old one...they didn't tweak anything, except made it possible to charge you to rent a server lol...money grab much?  Borderlands 2 and Medal of Honor/Battlefield from here on out for me :)
  • OnigodOnigod Member UncommonPosts: 756
    And i have said this for many many MANY years now: I will never EVER buy a EA game no matter how good or evolutionary it is i will never play anything EA had something to do with.
This discussion has been closed.